Santa Clara, CA
Students enrolled: 1,884

Santa Clara High School 2

Posted February 17, 2015
This school was not the best in my opinion because the teachers have favorites and they only cared for the "popular students" when i was graduating from this school the only teachers that cared for their students were just a few maybe five or seven that's' all because they wanted us to go to good colleges and i felt unsafe their too because how the other students would threaten others with violence. I would recommend a different school that does care and for the safety of the students.

Posted January 24, 2015
Ive noticed a lot of terrible reviews about our school from a few years back. i usually dont write reviews but couldnt help but atleast attempt to redeem Santa Claras good name. This is by far the best school i have ever been to. The teachers are understanding and friendly. They provide a safe learning enviornment and make it easy to talk to them even outside of school. Yes, we do have a lot of extended lunches but they are usually to support clubs and promote sports events. I have never been surrounded by such a positive staff and people that ACTUALLY CARE. There are tons of fun and yes educational events the school puts up for the students. It makes learning so much easier. I'm currently in Honors english as a freshman and although i was petrified at first, i have learned so much and its only been 6 months! The teachers make learning fun and not just about sitting down and being bored to death all day. They often incorporate lesson with hands on activites. Because of Santa clara i am thrilled to know that i would like to remain on the Honors path and take multiple AP classes the following years. I dont think i would have aquired the same mind set from any other school.
3 people found this helpful

Santa Clara High School 1

Posted November 19, 2013
The new vice principal vela came from north monterey county high school last year as principal and their scores dropped 35 points on the cst. When the school hires administrators who obviously are inept, it's time to do a clean sweep of district leadership, starting with the board and superintendent.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 09, 2013
We moved here just after the 2012 school year had started. My son had a medical issue that required special assistance from teachers and staff. All went above and beyond to help him succeed. So thankful for their insight, assistance and flexibility. Looking forward to this year. Highly recommend Santa Clara High!

Santa Clara High School 1

Posted April 02, 2012
Notice how all the good reviews are from 4 YEARS AGO??? This school has turned into a dump. Nothing good about it. Teachers aren't good, other staff isn't good, students aren't good. This is the worst school in California! If you love your kids and value their education, DON'T SEND THEM HERE.

Santa Clara High School 2

Posted February 23, 2012
Most teachers here teach poorly, the student body has no control, neither does the staff. This school does not offer IB programs and they require taking a summer class as a prerequsite to any AP class you wish to take. I moved here 3 days before school began and I could not get into any classes I wanted to take. This school is always taking away time for education and replacing it with extended lunches to promote way too clubs that don't do anything anyway. This is, out of the ten schools I've been to, the worst.

Posted August 18, 2009
Teachers and administration staffs are wonderful at Santa Clara High School. My son has grown to be more out going. I am greatful to all the wonderful staffs.

Posted March 23, 2009
SCHS has provided incredible amount of support to my daughter. Her academics and her outside athletics requirements are being met with professionalism and concern that we are lucky to have.

Posted November 19, 2008
Santa Clara High's a great school. Most teachers are really nice and spend time to get to know their students.There is rarely any fights, and the enviorment is nice and safe. There are many electives to pick from, and opportunities for students to join after-school sports. On campus, once in a while there are fun activities for students to participate in such as rallies, and teachers vs. students sport games.

Posted October 31, 2008
I think that Wilcox is a great school, maybe its because i go there but lso because of the nice and wonderful staff. I also think that the lunch they servr is terrific: salad, cheesesand which, fresh warm pizza, and nice hot mouth-watering spicey-chicken sandwhich. The whole school is curently being remodeld. There are no fights going on the campus, i feel really safe there. Even the security gaurds are nice, unlike the ones you see in the movies, haha, little joke. And also, the security get to know each student because they help in after-school extracurricular activities. They are almost close to being division champs and maybe/hopefuly becoming champions. I actually think of it as my second home, if I could I would even sleep in the hallways at night, haha, another little joke. But that is how safe I feel there.

3000 Benton Street, Santa Clara, CA  95051
Last modified Santa Clara High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Clara High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top