Santa Clara, CA

Posted November 23, 2014
I have two children currently attending, one on year number five, and two more scheduled to start in 2015. Not only are the teachers genuinely interested in being part of this institution, but the support staff appear as well. My family and I especially enjoy the fund-raisers and events which take place on campus and are more than happy to give as much as we are able. My only complaint would be the inattentive speeding drivers within campus and on the surrounding streets. However, I have seen additional police recently issuing tickets.
9 people found this helpful

Posted June 09, 2014
My school is Westwood Elementaryl. My son and daughter attend Westwood elementary. I have been very happy with the school and especially the teachers. Mrs. Belvins nutured my daughter who as a result improved in every area including social skills, reading skills, math and science skills. She came at the end of the year with breadth of knowledge and curiosity to learn even more. My son was in Mr. Wichmann's class who is equally a wonderful teacher. Mr. Wichmann helped grow my son's love for knowledge while learning something new every day. He didn't only learn science but more how to be a scientist and a critical thinker. He learned to make questions, to analyze, to seek answers,and to research. I appreciate Westwood and the great teachers of Westwood. Thank you.
11 people found this helpful

Posted January 20, 2014
My son is going there since he was 3 years old for his special classes the teacher is great awesome IEP report everything is there is so much correct that we are expected now my son turns 5 in march and we have to move another school because we move in san jose district but i miss this school teacher adrienne , miss debbie ,micheal and kathy great teachers
9 people found this helpful

Posted August 10, 2013
This is one of the best schools ever. The principal is the most caring and professional principals I have ever known. He has a great way with kids and always uses positive methods to resolve conflicts. The teachers are passionate and involved with each and every kid. Great special ed team. The only negative is the "Queen Bee" the school secretary one of the rudest, demeaning and unfriendly persons at the school. I can sympathize with the demands and irritations of kids and parents but this women needs to retire she does Not FIT IN ANYMORE.. also anyone who writes a bad review of this school is sadly mistaken.
6 people found this helpful

Westwood Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
I can't to say something good about this school. We had a bad experience here. My child attends this school in 2013 year. I never fill comfortable myself when my child was in the school every day. The teachers doesn't pay attention enough for the children. They are is not friendly also. My child was hungry, dirty, crying almost every day after the school. They never heard the parents. I wrote about special day care class and the office employer.

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2013
I am shocked for the parent who wrote the last review about Westwood. My Daughter has been going there since Kindergarten and I can't tell you how happy we have been. The staff, teachers are wonderful! I always say if you are not happy then maybe you shouldn't be going there, but all the parents that have kids at Westwood that I know have never said anything bad about our school. Good luck!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 16, 2013
This is an extremely sought after elementary school. The teachers a responsive and creative! Westwood has great administrative leadership from the principal all the way down. I cannot say enough about Westwood, its a great school any parent should be proud to send their children to.
3 people found this helpful

Westwood Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted May 16, 2009
Westwood is a diverse and friendly community.The teachers are wonderful and the new principal is dynamic. There are family events and grade level events all the time. Test scores really don't give a good picture of what a caring and fun environment this is.

Westwood Elementary School
435 Saratoga Avenue, Santa Clara, CA  95050
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top