No rating

Delphi Academy San Francisco Bay

Private | K-8

Living in Santa Clara

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $500,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,650.

Posted April 8, 2013

This school is wonderful, great balance between academics and other activities. Kids are never bound to their chairs and studying all day. They learn a lot by practical application and demonstrating things they learn. Weekly field trips are awesome and gets even better, there is no need for parent participation in these trips. The learning method installs self-confidence and passion to self-learn and keeps them focused on their goals. They do just as well as other highly academic focused schools. Most importantly the kids are always happy here, great interaction between teachers and students across grade levels. Staff is easily approachable and exposure to multicultural events and well received community participation.

Posted February 25, 2013

Delphi has had a great influence over my children. My son loves to read and reads all the time (he's 8) even when he doesn't have to for homework, and my daughter has now written over 30 stories and writes them at school, and at home just for fun (she's 6). Any school that can make learning fun enough that it makes my kids want to do more work on their own must be good.

Posted July 5, 2012

The summer program is really fun for the kids as there are activities like swimming and building roller coasters, day trips to parks and attractions and also camping trips. My kids love it and like to come back every year. The staff are really caring and they are also the teachers during the school year, so my kids learn a lot during the academic periods of the summer camp. They don't mind studying in the summer since they like getting to do experiments in the science lab and they like to read books and learn new things. I've met many parents and faculty from lots of different backgrounds and don't feel like any particular philosophy is pushed on anyone. The summer camp is a good fit for us and my kids learn a lot, make friends and have a great time.

Posted March 8, 2012

My daughter has been attending Delphi Academy for the past 3 years and it has proved nothing but phenomenal! The school has nothing to do with Scientology in their curriculum or teaching contents. The teaching method is from Ron Hubbard and as far as I have seen the connection ends there for my kid. The kids are given a very balanced academic, extra curricular and real life exposures. One of the amazing result I have seen in my kid and other kids is the self studying interest they instil along the way! Its a very important trait that will help the kids in the rest of their lives!

Posted September 29, 2011

Please do your research before enrolling in this school. This school is deeply rooted in scientology.

Posted June 1, 2011

Delphi is a great school for toddlers. I think till 3rd grade the education system is pretty good. As you go further up the classes the exposure is OK. There facility is very small for higher classes. - Field trips every week is great. The kids love it. I was looking around and other schools might have a field trip in a month. - Teachers are fun. - Kids have after school classes 4 days a week. Ofcourse paid - Kids can go on their own speed with school work

Posted January 7, 2011

- love the weekly field trips (great for hands-on practical learning/awareness) - my child understands concepts instead of just "memorizing" - they teach life skills to succeed in the real world, they don't teach to only pass "tests" - my child enjoys the classes and is self-movitated - heartily agree with philosophy on good nutrition and sleep - only con is the size of the school, need bigger facilities - teachers are great; they teach initiative and independence - my child loves it there

Posted April 27, 2010

Delphi has given my son such a good foundation. He really understands everything he has studied, he knows how to set goals and he's not afraid of hard work. It's a good feeling, knowing that Delphi made sure nothing was skipped over or glossed over in his K-8 education. I don't know any other school that gives that degree of personal care.

Posted October 3, 2009

This is one school that has an awesome balance of advanced academics (mostly one level above Public schools), extra curricular activities (one field trip per week, music and other activities) and mandatory physical education to go to the next class.

Posted October 2, 2009

For what it costs to go to this school they are not doing enough. The heart of the program but is great but if you have below standard teachers with no acutal teaching credentials trying to deliver the product so it is quite bad. if it were a free program it would pass but for college tuition I think there should be more delivery and care. I was unhappy with the school and left. It was so expensive plus they rent old public school property that is falling apart.

Posted September 16, 2009

Delphi schools teach kids the most important skill; HOW to learn. Because this very basic skill is learned, children are set up for the rest of their lives to learn anything and everything they choose to learn about! As a result, kids really *love* to study, and they really 'get' what they are studying about! I wish I'd had this style of learning when I was growing up - I know it would have made a huge difference in my life.

Posted September 16, 2009

Each year, my sons make academic leaps and bounds, but also mature as individuals. I am very happy when I see my kids excited about their schoolwork and when I see them becoming more and more responsible for their homework, deadlines and overall studies. Even though they have to work hard, they are still enjoying school, look forward to it each day and it's clear they're finding the 'fun' of education and learning. I also like the quantity of field trips and the experiences my kids have had in the arts, sciences and exploration of careers.

Posted May 8, 2009

My daughter has been going to this school for last 3 years. it was very good school in first year.however the education quality has been downgraded to may be a public school with very low API scrore. The kids are not learning but just passing through the grade just to make room for new kids. Parents need to spend lot of time to ensure kids learn basics like addition and subtraction. I am disappointed at downgraded quality of teaching and spending lot of time to ensure my daughter is well educated.

Posted March 24, 2009

Overall its better than the other private schools in the area. ++ field trips. my son loves field tips, kids learn a lot with practicals + One on One attention and if needed the kid is asked to stand next to the teacher's table and work on the books + teachers ad people around are very energetic and cheerful. + office staff is helpful and as the school is small there is a lot of personal attention - Even though I am completely for healthy eating/sleeping habit, what i don't completely agree with the school is their philosophy about any behavioral or study issue must be because of eating junk/sugar or not enough sleep. My son for one is always hyper inspite of eating very healthy. - and even though the school says they dont encourage sugar and junk food, my kid has had more exposure to candies at school than home(through friends)

Posted March 12, 2009

My 4 year old son is reading at a 1st grade level and is now learning things that I learned in 2nd grade. In one month, his handwriting went from being extremely sloppy and backwards to being correct and very neat. He can read a clock and can add and subtract up to 2 digits. He's 4 years old. This amazes me. This school gets students to want to learn and gets them interested, not by force, but by making sure they are really understanding.

Posted March 4, 2009

Delphi is a very personal school. There are many cultural festivals and the kids learn to appreciate all kinds of people and cultures. I am very happy with my child's teachers in Form 1 (2nd grade). My son is really thriving there. He has grown up a lot since he arrived into the class and that was only a month ago. His academics are improving a lot. If I have any question or problem the teachers and staff are very open to talking with me to resolve it. The arts are very rich in Form1. They do class performances and work with different media. Right now their group project is constructing a large city with paper and cardboard. Each child is contributing. I am happy with the progress in my child's spelling, math and reading. I am very impressed overall.

Posted March 4, 2009

Ms. Sewasew is an awesome arts and crafts teacher. Her students win awards in art shows, Like the Seymore Marine Mammal Art Contest. The school offers afterschool classes in Chess, Dance, Languages, Guitar and Free study hall classes (tutoring). All this and field trips, art, music. Oh, and an incredibly strong academic program with stellar results in math and writing. When students, parents and teachers all come together with the program, it's awesome. I was so impressed as a parent, I becae a teacher!

Posted February 9, 2009

First of all this school doesn't follow the regular convention of grades. Second the teaching is based on how your child is responding or how much the child is interested in learning. There are some kids who are interested only in playing and won't focus on studies until there is some bribe or force. My daughter is in that category. and I felt this school is not that great for such kids. She used to know much more while she was in Pre-K in other school. She likes this school a lot because of their field trips and there is no force to do studies. Me as a parent still getting used to it. Quality of art programs in really bad. There are lot of enthusiastic people but just that is not helping them.

Posted July 24, 2008

Delphi has best approach to education than any other private school I visited. My daughter is learning new things everyday. She is confident and has aquired amazing communication skills. She can learn anything as she understands how to learn. She enjoys as well as she works hard. I like daily update in homeowrk folder as well as attention to excellence in everything they do.

Posted April 7, 2006

The only thing bad that I can say about this school is that tuition rivals that of many universities. The quality of the teachers and curriculum, however, are superb! Children are taught and tested at their own pace. When reading, a student is encouraged to not pass a word that they don't understand; this rule results in greatly increased comprehension of individual words and of the material being read. Proper ethics are a foundation of study. Finding a way to reslove issues and problems with any person and ones physical surroundings, serves as a goal for each student. This school is based on the research and learnings of L. Ron Hubbard. Parent involvement in integral and greatly encouraged. Hands on experience is a constant. Very Good school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 18% 11%