K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All the teachers are nice and they treat us with respect. Whether strict or loose, they make sure we get our work done.

Amount of homework: no rating

Some classmates think there is too much. Others don't really care about the amount, just if we can finish it.

Develops character: Neutral

There is some goofing off with the boys and there is some negativity in students.

It is a small and cozy school, but the classes are not challenging for me.

Great teachers and families, small class sizes. Be very careful sending your children here - this school is for profit. As soon as the owner isnt making enough money they will close your school. Lancaster kids were all displaced this year with not even a blink of an eye by the family that owns the school. Enjoy the small class sizes, just dont trust the school administration!

Hi, I'm a former student who went here pretty much my whole life up until 5th grade. This school was very good, the students were kind and the teachers were amazing. Although, academics are a little more behind than other schools. But, they definitely have a very good music program. Ms.Robin is an amazing teacher, and so is Ms.Orland, the math teacher. They also do a lot to get students ready for middle school. In 5th grade, you rotate classes and have mid-terms and finals. The sports programs are great as well (GO BULLDOGS!). The sports teams and PE programs are fitted to everyone, even the not-so-athletic type (me included). I love this school so much and wish I could attend again!! :)

For Middle School, Ms.Orland and Mr.Waybright are phenomenal teachers who go above and beyond in instruction and teaching methods. I am amazed at how much personal time they both spend in helping srudents and creating very inventive teaching materials. Ms. Orland just gave up 2 1/2 hours of her personal time afterschool helping my child get caught up in understanding the material. I am amazed! Mr. Waybright has many enrichment offerings and weekend excursions to further material. Both are great in keeping parents involved and informed. Not all the teachers are that good (especially in comparison), but these two shine so bright that they alone have earned the school my five star rating.

My daughter is returning to Pinecrest Canyon Country for eighth grade. Completed seventh grade last year. Motivated to work hard, given extra help with areas of study that were difficult to master. Other students were welcoming and friendly. She was comfortable and happy at Pinecrest. Excellent Campus Director: She addresses issues immediately and returns phone calls with information, promptly. Excellent Teachers: Small class sizes makes it possible for teachers to give each child alot of attention and a wonderful environment for learning. Encouragement to excel has brought out the hard worker ethic in my child and she was on Honor Roll each Quarter. Complimentary Shuttle service to Valencia Campus was useful and greatly appreciated. Superb Office Staff: Always pleasant on the phone and smiling when they greet you, in person. Use of Smart Tuition service helped with tuition fees by being able to make ten, monthly payments. Use of Jupiter for grades, ongoing updates and emails from staff kept me in touch with my daughter's progress. Very thankful to have found this school in time for Middle School. Only regret, they don't go through High School!

My son is a middle-schooler at Pinecrest. The teachers and staff could not be better! They work with me to address his individual learning style and keep me updated on his progress. I've never experienced better parent-teacher communication!

I have a son who has been at PineCrest from pre-school and has attended for 9 years and two different locations. The school has small class sizes, very good teachers and the curriculum is challenging. This last year, some of the other parents and students complained it was too hard. Every year it is and should be harder. If he is not challenged, he will get bored and lose interest. We send him there and pay for it becuase we want him to be challenged. He studies and works very hard at it and is consistenly in honor roll. I am very pleased with the results and we plan to send him on to college as a good student who understands what it takes. On an unpleasant note, a bully picked on him, the school was very ascertive and handled it promptly. The other child was suspended, kicked out next time.

Last modified Pinecrest Schools - Canyon Country is a Private school that serves grades K-8