968 students|Saugus Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

ok academics. nice office staff and nice teachers but very few "go the extra mile" teachers. pta is very poorly run, terrible communication.

Great kindergarten experience but downhill from there. Technology resources and teaching is mediocre at best. Teachers we have had in 1st and 2nd have been nice but apathetic. They are out of touch and seem to judt be going through the motions day to day.

My son is now in 6th grade and has attended Bridgeport since kindergarten. Each teacher has understood not only my son and his ADHD needs, but every child in their class. I have always volunteered in class either weekly or in the upper grades as needed, so I've seen first hand how each teacher interacts with their students. My son has two parents as teachers so when we say Bridgeport teachers are not only great teachers but caring individuals, we say it with confidence. All school employeesat Bridgeport are equally talented and equally caring: office personnel and all support staff. I can't possibly imagine choosing a private school or a charter school when our neighborhood school is so good. And, finally, as someone else mentioned, I too know several parents who put their children in one of the new charter schools only to transfer their children back to Bridgeport.

it feels cold just walking in, not sure why staff act so stuck up, bullying is a huge problem here.

This school is really a great school, despite what all the helicopter moms are saying below. After all the fuss about the supposedly wonderful new charter school, it's kind of ironic that those who took their children out of BP to enroll in that rather pretentiously named charter school are now trying to return to BP. In all the years my children have been attending BP, I can honestly say all the teachers and staff are wonderful, kind and caring. And my family is far from wealthy, so doesn't even qualify to belong to the so-called clique that I've seen mentioned. Don't believe the disgruntled charter school parents - Bridgeport is a wonderful school!

My kids currently attend Bridgeport and love it! It is a wonderful school with fabulous teachers. The office staff is helpful, kind, and professional. The administration is busy, but always there to listen if you need them. We couldn't be happier as parents, and are blessed to be receiving this type of education for free. My only desire as a parent would be for the school to hire PE teachers. Unfortunately, I don't think the money is there to hire them.

All teachers are energetic and passionate all my family love this school. Especially for immigrant family, they provide good ESL program for our son. We are happy as he could catch up with the class.

My rating is due to the way I have been treated by the office staff as well as the teaching performance of my children's teachers. In my experience the office staff is judgmental and rude and acts as if I am bothering them whenever I have a question. I am to the point where I dread having to even talk with any of the office staff. I have expressed my concerns about several things to the principal and to the superintendent and none of my concerns have been addressed and most concerns are not even responded to. It has been a very frustrating experience as a parent of a child in this school. there are a couple of office staff that are friendly but most of them act as if I am bothering them and are more interested in judging my parenting then being helpful. As for my children's teachers I feel they do not challenge my kids enough and are more interested in developing friendships with them then challenging their academic needs. This school has been a major disappointment and I am looking into other schools for my children.

All three of my children attended this school. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. The teachers were caring, knowledgable, and hard-working. Because of Bridgeport, my children are now lifetime learners and thirsty for knowledge. After reading the next few reviews below, I have a feeling that they are disgruntled Charter School parents that all got together one night to bash an amazing school! Shame on you! You have no idea what a bad school is until you've sent your child to a school in LAUSD.

Bridgeport Elementary is a great school! Besides the awesome staff and wonderful PTA, there is a great feeling of community. It's nice to see so many parent volunteers helping out in the class. I feel students are getting a top notch education!

Last modified Bridgeport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.