Santa Clarita, CA
Students enrolled: 1,022

Posted August 01, 2014
it feels cold just walking in, not sure why staff act so stuck up, bullying is a huge problem here.

Posted May 20, 2014
This school is really a great school, despite what all the helicopter moms are saying below. After all the fuss about the supposedly wonderful new charter school, it's kind of ironic that those who took their children out of BP to enroll in that rather pretentiously named charter school are now trying to return to BP. In all the years my children have been attending BP, I can honestly say all the teachers and staff are wonderful, kind and caring. And my family is far from wealthy, so doesn't even qualify to belong to the so-called clique that I've seen mentioned. Don't believe the disgruntled charter school parents - Bridgeport is a wonderful school!

Posted May 20, 2014
My kids currently attend Bridgeport and love it! It is a wonderful school with fabulous teachers. The office staff is helpful, kind, and professional. The administration is busy, but always there to listen if you need them. We couldn't be happier as parents, and are blessed to be receiving this type of education for free. My only desire as a parent would be for the school to hire PE teachers. Unfortunately, I don't think the money is there to hire them.

Posted April 02, 2014
All teachers are energetic and passionate all my family love this school. Especially for immigrant family, they provide good ESL program for our son. We are happy as he could catch up with the class.

Bridgeport Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2014
My rating is due to the way I have been treated by the office staff as well as the teaching performance of my children's teachers. In my experience the office staff is judgmental and rude and acts as if I am bothering them whenever I have a question. I am to the point where I dread having to even talk with any of the office staff. I have expressed my concerns about several things to the principal and to the superintendent and none of my concerns have been addressed and most concerns are not even responded to. It has been a very frustrating experience as a parent of a child in this school. there are a couple of office staff that are friendly but most of them act as if I am bothering them and are more interested in judging my parenting then being helpful. As for my children's teachers I feel they do not challenge my kids enough and are more interested in developing friendships with them then challenging their academic needs. This school has been a major disappointment and I am looking into other schools for my children.

Posted November 23, 2013
All three of my children attended this school. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. The teachers were caring, knowledgable, and hard-working. Because of Bridgeport, my children are now lifetime learners and thirsty for knowledge. After reading the next few reviews below, I have a feeling that they are disgruntled Charter School parents that all got together one night to bash an amazing school! Shame on you! You have no idea what a bad school is until you've sent your child to a school in LAUSD.

Posted September 09, 2013
Bridgeport Elementary is a great school! Besides the awesome staff and wonderful PTA, there is a great feeling of community. It's nice to see so many parent volunteers helping out in the class. I feel students are getting a top notch education!

Posted August 23, 2013
It is scary and very disappointing to find out that Bridgeport Elem is been run by such a group of teachers and administrators. If you don't belong in their click or group , then you better . This school does not deserve the reputation that it has. Neit They are not interested in the success of the students The teachers have no motivation. The curriculum is watered down. Very unprofessional and rude office staff. (Don't get fooled by their pretentious smile. They are not honest. They play games which they cover up pretty good. The school's bathrooms are not maintained. lunch tables and area is left messy too often. They usually would clean up when an inspector is coming.. Most of the good teachers are gone. Those who are left (except for a few) are mostly friends with the principal or some other administrators. They have no field so they share with the park. Safety. Is a concern

Posted August 20, 2013
My kids had been attending Bridgeport for a few years. The Principle and the office ladies have attitude issues. Teachers are lax and lazy, making your kids grade their homework. Some don't even grade homework, so what is the point of turning it in. Yard duties are mean, and kids are mean. You would wonder why they have high STAR scores?The answer is most of the Bridgeport moms can afford to stay home, teaching their kids with school work and studies.They help the kids more than the teachers. Also, there are a lot of dramas at Bridgeport. Like other reviews said, its all about money. The PTA just cares about how much you donate,but never use money wisely. My kids had been having walking field trips to supermarkets in hot summer days. What can they learn at a supermarket or pizza restaurant? I'm sure most of us moms take our kids to supermarkets for grocery shopping many many times already. Also, this school is about relationship. If you are a PTA staff or you donate a lot or you have a good relationship with the teachers or principle, then your kids will be placed with a good teacher. The school is Superficial.That's why I pulled my kids out.

Bridgeport Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2013
I wanted to like the school, I really did. But I never warmed to it. The building and grounds are cute and the parents are "pretty," but that's all superficial. My kids didn't seem to learn much, and it always seemed to me that the school was more focused on presenting beautifully-matted art work at Open House than actually inspiring the kids to learn. We had one inspiring teacher out of the 8 we had; the rest just went through the motions. Lots of busy work, lots of pointless homework, and lots of bored kids. There is lots of parent involvement, but I didn't see that as a good thing because they aren't just helping prepare materials, they are actually in the classroom teaching unsupervised. It was really weird to me. Kids can also skip recess to go into another classroom to grade papers or tear out worksheets, and they get "paid" with candy. All without parents knowing. Safety is also a concern at Bridgeport. Anybody can walk in and around the campus, and the kids play in the park during recess (which is not school grounds nor is it fenced in). Again, I really wanted to like it--it's a cute place, but after 3 years, we are outta there!!

Bridgeport Elementary School
23670 Newhall Ranch Road, Santa Clarita, CA  91355
Last modified Bridgeport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bridgeport Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top