Santa Clarita, CA

Posted June 11, 2015
Love this school. Our children are thriving. 1st and 3rd grade. Wonderful attentive teachers, great community.

Golden Oak Community School 1

Posted May 27, 2015
I'm a parent of a 3rd grader at Golden Oak. I don't like how 3rd grade teachers separate students everyday into different classrooms based on his/her reading and math test scores (low, middle or high) and then teach them different curriculum. 8 and 9 year olds need more time with their primary teacher in order to build a strong bond and communication. I don't think my son's primary teacher heard my child read until halfway through the school year! Crazy!

Golden Oak Community School 2

Posted May 27, 2015
I have been a parent at Golden Oak for the past 5 years and am very unimpressed this year. The Principal and teachers showed a complete disrespect for parent concerns and instead became dictators. I think teachers are just burned out with all of the Technology and Common Core training and testing that they have lost focus on teaching children the love of learning.

Posted May 22, 2015
Our oldest will be graduating after 7 years at this school and we couldn't be any happier with the education and attention received. We have a second child enrolled as well and we plan on enrolling our third child in a few years as well. There is never any pressure from administration to volunteer or donate; just a wonderful family community school.

Golden Oak Community School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
If you are parent who can volunteer many hours or can donate money then you will receive a great education. If you are the average working family that is unable to volunteer on a regular basis or donate money then your child will be placed with the less popular/quality teachers.

Posted September 26, 2013
We could not be happier with Golden Oak! It has a private school feel to it and the attention to reading and math is intense and the results show in the test scores! The teachers are balanced in their attention to academic but also enrichment and arts. The parents are involved and supportive. We will hate to move to Jr. High next year!

Posted March 30, 2013
My son has been at Golden Oak for the past year and we couldn't be happier. He is in first grade and is thriving. His teacher is attentive. I spend time in the classroom whenever possible, and she's created a wonderful atmosphere for learning. The children are all working hard and happy. The principal is wonderful as well. Lots of parent support as well. Very happy with Golden Oak.

Posted March 02, 2013
My grandchildren attend Golden Oakes - One has been there since 1st grade. I live in another state & every time I visit them I end up going into their class rooms for holiday parties, etc. I absolutely love what I see: organized class rooms, children who are happy, an office eager to help & also organized, teachers who care & a principle who not only participates in special dress up days but also gives 100% of herself & her heart to these children. My grandchildren are happy there; so I give them a 5 Star rating!

Posted August 24, 2012
The classroom is clean, organized and well decorated. The principal is experienced and the teacher is highly professional and organized. All teachers were trained for the GATE program starting in the 3rd grade. The school-wide Accelerated Reading program is great and students were given motivation and encouragement to reach their 150% reading goals. There is an active PTA which works so hard to raise money for school programs. I like the fact that the teachers and staff are trained in dealing with students who have allergies. Many parents are involved and help contributed to the success of the school. My son started 1st grade at this school after graduating from a private Kindergarten. He is now in the 4th grade; my daughter started Kindergarten 2 years ago and she is now in 2nd grade. They both love their school and I am very happy with the environment at and feel comfortable having them in this school.

Posted August 23, 2012
Golden Oak is a top-notch school! The principal is experienced, organized and has implemented a school-wide reading program that is working! My son is going on his 4th year here. He has been taught to love school AND been given the motivation and encouragement to reach his 150% reading goals. The teachers have all worked closely with me and have been there when I needed them. The PTA works so hard to raise money for the Accelerated Reading Program, Music Program, Technology Fund, Science Lab Supplies, Computer Lab Equipment and Educational Assemblies in addition to planning SO MANY fun and wonderful events. The parents are involved, volunteering over 9,000 hours last year! I am very, very thankful for our school! Hoot! Hoot! :)!

Golden Oak Community School
25201 Via Princessa, Santa Clarita, CA  91321
Last modified Golden Oak Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Oak Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top