Posted September 17, 2014
Fantastic school. We have a first grader and third grader. Both are doing wonderfully and needs are met. Teachers and administration are attentive and caring, open to questions and concerns. So far we couldn't be happier with this school

Posted August 13, 2014
If you are parent who can volunteer many hours or can donate money then you will receive a great education. If you are the average working family that is unable to volunteer on a regular basis or donate money then your child will be placed with the less popular/quality teachers.

Posted September 26, 2013
We could not be happier with Golden Oak! It has a private school feel to it and the attention to reading and math is intense and the results show in the test scores! The teachers are balanced in their attention to academic but also enrichment and arts. The parents are involved and supportive. We will hate to move to Jr. High next year!

Posted March 30, 2013
My son has been at Golden Oak for the past year and we couldn't be happier. He is in first grade and is thriving. His teacher is attentive. I spend time in the classroom whenever possible, and she's created a wonderful atmosphere for learning. The children are all working hard and happy. The principal is wonderful as well. Lots of parent support as well. Very happy with Golden Oak.

Posted March 02, 2013
My grandchildren attend Golden Oakes - One has been there since 1st grade. I live in another state & every time I visit them I end up going into their class rooms for holiday parties, etc. I absolutely love what I see: organized class rooms, children who are happy, an office eager to help & also organized, teachers who care & a principle who not only participates in special dress up days but also gives 100% of herself & her heart to these children. My grandchildren are happy there; so I give them a 5 Star rating!

Posted August 24, 2012
The classroom is clean, organized and well decorated. The principal is experienced and the teacher is highly professional and organized. All teachers were trained for the GATE program starting in the 3rd grade. The school-wide Accelerated Reading program is great and students were given motivation and encouragement to reach their 150% reading goals. There is an active PTA which works so hard to raise money for school programs. I like the fact that the teachers and staff are trained in dealing with students who have allergies. Many parents are involved and help contributed to the success of the school. My son started 1st grade at this school after graduating from a private Kindergarten. He is now in the 4th grade; my daughter started Kindergarten 2 years ago and she is now in 2nd grade. They both love their school and I am very happy with the environment at and feel comfortable having them in this school.

Posted August 23, 2012
Golden Oak is a top-notch school! The principal is experienced, organized and has implemented a school-wide reading program that is working! My son is going on his 4th year here. He has been taught to love school AND been given the motivation and encouragement to reach his 150% reading goals. The teachers have all worked closely with me and have been there when I needed them. The PTA works so hard to raise money for the Accelerated Reading Program, Music Program, Technology Fund, Science Lab Supplies, Computer Lab Equipment and Educational Assemblies in addition to planning SO MANY fun and wonderful events. The parents are involved, volunteering over 9,000 hours last year! I am very, very thankful for our school! Hoot! Hoot! :)!

Posted August 17, 2011
Golden Oak is an excellent school with strong, experienced teachers and a principal who is enthusiastic and active in all aspects of the school. There is an active PTA which supports the school and brings in parents to fun family events like the Fall Festival, Bingo Night, Movie Night, and Spring Carnival. Parents are welcomed to volunteer in classrooms and their is a friendly attitude on campus from the office staff all the way to the custodial staff. Golden Oak has been a wonderful experience for our daughter who has been there for one school year and excited to start another!

Posted March 10, 2011
I've been in this school for 3 years and yet haven't met a teacher that took the time to help my child in the areas that are difficult for her. So far the teachers that we've had show no passion for the career they have picked. I'm so disappointed I wish could grade the teachers the way they grade my child.

Posted November 02, 2010
Do not send your child to this school!!! Although there are a few select great teachers, the majority of them should never be entrusted with your children. The school administration is the worst. They play childish games and do not know how to communicate with students and/or parents.

Golden Oak Community School
25201 Via Princessa, Santa Clarita, CA  91321
Last modified Golden Oak Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Oak Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top