Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences

Charter | 7-12 | 259 students

We are best known for college preparatory curriculum.

Posted Monday, September 29, 2014

My review is for the Elementary school in the Agua Dulce location. A lot of parents who have posted negative reviews here obviously have no understanding of what Charter schools are or what they depend on to survive as a functioning school within the public school districts. Charter schools, like public schools depend on funding from the State. Every child that does not show up due to illness or other reasons means the school loses money for that day. Charter schools depend heavily on parent donations because their curriculum is more rigorous and to meet the high standards, they need the funding and contributions from parents. Charter schools are aspiring to give our children a private school education for free. That is what most parents here seem to be missing. I am absolutely fine with having to pay for a Chromebook. I don't pay tuition but I am getting a private school level education for my child. My son is in first grade and his experience and our experience with his teacher has been phenomenal. Standards are rigorous and she challenges the students every day. Communication and respect shown by the teachers and the administrative staff has been excellent.

Posted September 18, 2014

While I agree that the first year of AEA Elementary was rocky and communication was unorganized and infrequent, they have made improvements this year. I don't find the fundraising any more frequent than the constant fundraising at our previous elementary school. I complained about a few things last year that made our life frustrating for sure, but the problem is - my daughter absolutely loves the school. She comes home every day, bubbling over with excitement about all the things she learned that day in Science, how History is so interesting (she never thought so before) and for the first time in her life (she's a 5th grader), she absolutely loves PE. In previous years she always looked for a way to get out of it because it was boring. Now, she comes home and wants to show us the latest game/sport she learned and wants to play with us all evening (as opposed to her former favorite activity - watching TV). This change in her has made it impossible to think about leaving AEA. We are willing to put up with the growing pains of a new school because we see what a great education she is getting.

Posted August 29, 2014

I am saddened to say Albert Einstein Academy elementary is truly misleading. The elementary doesn't have their own page on this site and it is pretty obvious why. They are hiding under the umbrella of the well run JH and high school. I was sincerely shocked to be treated so cold by the staff and if they do choose to communicate with you it is in patronizing platitudes. We are trying to remain positive though our child adamantly wishes to leave. Given the incredible difficulty in securing a spot in this "dream" come true we didn't want to simply throw it away if it was simply a social assimilation issue but further reinforcement of the same scenario is leading to an inevitable conclusion. Couple that with the truly callous attitudes from the administration toward any genuine questions, generated from their withholding information in the first place. We are reaching a breaking point. We were sold on the dream that so far has been a far cry from realization.

Posted August 27, 2014

Extremely poorly run!! I am speaking for the Elementary side only. Aside from the fact this school constantly telling lies or only what they think parents want to hear, they also do NOT plan very well. SOME of the teachers are good, but NONE are even trained or certified in STEAM teaching like the school so proudly advertises. Communication from school to home is so confusing. Everything is either on FB or on their website and you have to guess when they are posting a change or look everyday. And some of the parents that are involved are overboard with their involvement. They are such "cheerleaders" for the school that they don't even care anymore about the real quality of the school they just want it open. The school is a pipe dream. And hello?! Where is the money going?? Parents pay for EVERYTHING we even supplied the classrooms! We even paid for moving the schools location by using our personal vehicles or even renting trucks. And now they want you to buy computers for your children's, but only the kind they want you to buy. This school did nothing academically that was amazing. IF you give money to AEA then your child get special treatment.

Posted June 22, 2014

Here is the main thing to understand: There are reviews here about the ELEMENTARY school AND the MIDDLE/HIGH school. While they are both AEA, they are VERY different. The middle/high school principal is AMAZING. He is the most kind, caring and innovative educator I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My son has excelled in this diverse environment. The teachers are dedicated, creative, imaginative and keep the students engaged and excited to learn. Small class sizes also help keep the focus on learning. I will be completely honest here: I have not been overly pleased with the elementary school. The administration has been difficult, even hostile at times, toward parents. This, of course, does not make for a great experience--especially in a school that is dependent upon parent volunteers. That said, the teachers are AMAZING and the educational experience has been superb. I hope the necessary changes have been enacted to improve the elementary school so it can reach the level of the middle/high school. PLEASE NOTE: My star ratings apply ONLY to the MIDDLE/HIGH school. I would have to give 1 star, or less, to the principal admin of the elementary school).

Posted May 30, 2014

AEA Elementary has been nothing short of amazing when it comes to my children's education. Yes, problems with a first year start up school with 5-districts fighting to close us down for their loss of student funding... however, if you focus on the KIDS, not the administration's struggles... then nothing else matters. My children are THRIVING and I mean THRIVING academically, socially, and personally. Expression and confidence is through the roof this year. I'm reading the 1 star reviews below and it saddens me because there is very little mention of how well their children did...sounds more like a "take my ball and go home" parent problem. 25 students to a class, energetic and amazing teachers, staff members who are like friends, and parents and administration that will go the distance (literally) for this school. AEA is a culture... AEA is a family. AEA is producing an amazing irreplaceable education for these young scholars and I am very grateful we have been a part of their founding year.

Posted May 29, 2014

I'm not sure if this school is worth the drama of AEA Elementary, which is a disaster. Right from all the broken promises regarding location, never quite letting parents know what's going on, to the very unfriendly attitude of the Principal, I cannot see what the hype is about. The only honest communication you can count on from this school - is calls for fundraising and donations. And if you dare to voice your opinion about the school, you will be voted off the island! You either agree that AEA is the most awesome or leave. As a parent who questioned issues with the school, I felt like I was treated like the enemy! We pulled our child out of AEA Elementary, which touts a private school education in a public school. Our local public school is a million times better. Very happy not to have to deal with AEA drama anymore!

Posted May 20, 2014

After all the controversy we've had to put up with regarding the AEA Elementary, like many parents, we're pulling our kids and going back to a local, public school. It's true what other reviewers have said - this school is trying to be a private school, right down to the private school price! It's all about money. They're constantly asking for donations for just about everything. When it comes down to it, seems like the controversy is well deserved. If you absolutely must have a private school education for your child(ren), then go to a private school!

Posted May 14, 2014

Private school attitudes in public school sounds good, but not when it comes to certain kids getting preferential treatment due to their parents donating lots of money to the school. This isn't supposed to be the case, but we pulled our daughter halfway through the year because we saw evidence that money buys influence with the administration and staff. So I guess if you want a "private school" experience for your kid, this is the place to go. High teacher turnover... new/inexperienced teachers... most of whom are running scared every single year that they'll be laid off. It's a fine school, and the kids are nice, just know that it's not an equal playing field.

Posted April 30, 2014

Great small school--amazing principal and fantastic teachers who are knowledgeable about their subjects and actually excited to teach.

Posted April 30, 2014

Einstein Academy is a fantastic school... The teachers and administration are truly committed to not only the intellectual growth of each student but also to the development of each individual's character, confidence and morale.

Posted April 30, 2014

Awesome program for kids who like to learn. My son is thriving and actually enjoys school.

Posted April 29, 2014

Albert Einstein Academy for Letters, Arts and Sciences has been the most rewarding experience for my son! He is just finishing 7th Grade, and his first year there has been wonderful! The Principal and Vice Principal are so caring and passionate about every student's education and well being. The teachers are caring. The front office staff are warm, helpful, and inviting. Everyone there knows every student by name. The smaller class sizes make a big difference. The older kids take the younger kids under their wings, and make them feel welcome. Students can start learning foreign languages in 7th grade. The Art teacher is top notch. Community Service is required by every student, which I think is fantastic. I absolutely love this school, and recommend it highly. I feel like my son is getting the education of a private school - we are very happy to be there.

Posted August 22, 2013

I am so excited for the Elementary School to finally open. Have been waiting for at least 3 years for this to happen. And it's finally going to happen. No more furlough days and shorten days for no good reason. Our kids are finally going to get the great education they need and deserve. The kids of today are the future for tomorrow. Looking forward to opening day.

Posted August 10, 2013

I would still like to know the association between Albert Einstein and this school (none I'm guessing) !! Seriously though, it's a good school, just not great. Really no better than any regular public school in the area. A charter school with private school aspirations. Switching to SCVI (hopefully).

Posted September 10, 2012

Phenomenal school (7-11 grade, 12 grade next year), a superior academic school. The staff is high caliber & full of energy. Better or equal quality to Trinity & Legacy (both private and expensive), however Albert Einstein Academy is free (charter school, donations encouraged but not mandatory). Adtly they offer a superior line up in extracurricular activities for boys/girls (ASB, Community Service, CIF Football, Track, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball).

Posted August 24, 2012

,"This has been a great fit for our daughter.We have found having 25 students per class creates personalized teaching, and better understanding for the students. It is the only public Junior High school in Santa Clarita that offers sports, and for us that is great. We know our daughter won't get a sports scholarship, so why focus all our attention on one sport. At this school she is playing 3 sports, in Junior High, and will continue in High School. There is no way she would be able to do that at any other local public junior high or high school."

Posted August 24, 2012

WE LOVE AEA!! After paying for private schools for years we found AEA. There is not one negative aspect in our opinion other than they need an Elementary School! AEA offers great electives, sports and after school enrichment. Mr. Gika is the most "hands-on" Principal we have ever witnessed. You can find him everyday in the morning and afternoon interacting with students and/or parents. He makes a point of getting to know parents and students. The Teachers are caring and make learning exciting and with the small class sizes, no student falls through the cracks. The school requires students to wear uniforms, that combined with their academic standards, awesome administration and faculty make AEA equivalent to, if not better than a private academy!

Posted June 24, 2012

Exceeds already high expectations. Dedicated faculty and staff, caring and involved parents, students who are able to develop into individuals of high achievements and extraordinary character. In a community of great schools, Einstein soars above them all.

Posted April 18, 2012

A phenomenal school that is unmatched in regards to faculty, administration, quality of education and facilities.Legacy & Trinity type of education however without the aforementioned mandated cost. An institution of the highest learning & quality

This school's

(2012)

10 / 10

8 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

10 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

8 / 10

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

12 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 25% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 65% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 58% in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 38% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 62% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 45% in 2013.

35 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated/Coordinated Science I

The state average for Integrated/Coordinated Science I was 26% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 38% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 51% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 13% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 39% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 41% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 46% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 35% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 52% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 15% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 46% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 10% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 15% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 51% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 32% in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 37% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 8% in 2013.

High School (Summative) Mathematics (Grade 9-11)

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 58% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 50% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 19% in 2013.

All Students68%

Students with no reported disability73%
Fluent-English proficient and English only73%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate82%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 83% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students97%

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 6%N/AN/A
English language learners 0%N/AN/A
Source: CA Dept. of Education, 2013-2014

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Hart District
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• Community college courses
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Edward Gika
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (661) 775-0321

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Hart District

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

28141 Kelly Johnson Parkway