Public charter
Santa Clarita, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 07, 2014
Our first grader grandson absolutely loves AEa! We were concerned about the bus ride daily to Agua Dulce but this has proven to be a fun and social time for him. He loves Mrs. Cook, the aide on the bus, and he and his friends share books and their stories each day. He LOVES his teachers and always has positive things to tell us daily about school. We are more than pleased with his progress to date and even with a few of the growing pains it has been a wonderful experience for us. Fund raising....to get this quality of education you are going to have to jump into the game full bore and yes that will require your time, talents and money. The only negative I can say is the tactics of the district getting in the way of allowing this school to grow and thrive. It is so sad how many attack this school when all we have attempted to do is meet the educational needs of our individual scholars with what we feel is the best for them.

Posted September 29, 2014
My review is for the Elementary school in the Agua Dulce location. A lot of parents who have posted negative reviews here obviously have no understanding of what Charter schools are or what they depend on to survive as a functioning school within the public school districts. Charter schools, like public schools depend on funding from the State. Every child that does not show up due to illness or other reasons means the school loses money for that day. Charter schools depend heavily on parent donations because their curriculum is more rigorous and to meet the high standards, they need the funding and contributions from parents. Charter schools are aspiring to give our children a private school education for free. That is what most parents here seem to be missing. I am absolutely fine with having to pay for a Chromebook. I don't pay tuition but I am getting a private school level education for my child. My son is in first grade and his experience and our experience with his teacher has been phenomenal. Standards are rigorous and she challenges the students every day. Communication and respect shown by the teachers and the administrative staff has been excellent.

Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences 4

Posted September 18, 2014
While I agree that the first year of AEA Elementary was rocky and communication was unorganized and infrequent, they have made improvements this year. I don't find the fundraising any more frequent than the constant fundraising at our previous elementary school. I complained about a few things last year that made our life frustrating for sure, but the problem is - my daughter absolutely loves the school. She comes home every day, bubbling over with excitement about all the things she learned that day in Science, how History is so interesting (she never thought so before) and for the first time in her life (she's a 5th grader), she absolutely loves PE. In previous years she always looked for a way to get out of it because it was boring. Now, she comes home and wants to show us the latest game/sport she learned and wants to play with us all evening (as opposed to her former favorite activity - watching TV). This change in her has made it impossible to think about leaving AEA. We are willing to put up with the growing pains of a new school because we see what a great education she is getting.

Posted August 29, 2014
I am saddened to say Albert Einstein Academy elementary is truly misleading. The elementary doesn't have their own page on this site and it is pretty obvious why. They are hiding under the umbrella of the well run JH and high school. I was sincerely shocked to be treated so cold by the staff and if they do choose to communicate with you it is in patronizing platitudes. We are trying to remain positive though our child adamantly wishes to leave. Given the incredible difficulty in securing a spot in this "dream" come true we didn't want to simply throw it away if it was simply a social assimilation issue but further reinforcement of the same scenario is leading to an inevitable conclusion. Couple that with the truly callous attitudes from the administration toward any genuine questions, generated from their withholding information in the first place. We are reaching a breaking point. We were sold on the dream that so far has been a far cry from realization.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2014
Extremely poorly run!! I am speaking for the Elementary side only. Aside from the fact this school constantly telling lies or only what they think parents want to hear, they also do NOT plan very well. SOME of the teachers are good, but NONE are even trained or certified in STEAM teaching like the school so proudly advertises. Communication from school to home is so confusing. Everything is either on FB or on their website and you have to guess when they are posting a change or look everyday. And some of the parents that are involved are overboard with their involvement. They are such "cheerleaders" for the school that they don't even care anymore about the real quality of the school they just want it open. The school is a pipe dream. And hello?! Where is the money going?? Parents pay for EVERYTHING we even supplied the classrooms! We even paid for moving the schools location by using our personal vehicles or even renting trucks. And now they want you to buy computers for your children's, but only the kind they want you to buy. This school did nothing academically that was amazing. IF you give money to AEA then your child get special treatment.
5 people found this helpful

Posted June 22, 2014
Here is the main thing to understand: There are reviews here about the ELEMENTARY school AND the MIDDLE/HIGH school. While they are both AEA, they are VERY different. The middle/high school principal is AMAZING. He is the most kind, caring and innovative educator I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My son has excelled in this diverse environment. The teachers are dedicated, creative, imaginative and keep the students engaged and excited to learn. Small class sizes also help keep the focus on learning. I will be completely honest here: I have not been overly pleased with the elementary school. The administration has been difficult, even hostile at times, toward parents. This, of course, does not make for a great experience--especially in a school that is dependent upon parent volunteers. That said, the teachers are AMAZING and the educational experience has been superb. I hope the necessary changes have been enacted to improve the elementary school so it can reach the level of the middle/high school. PLEASE NOTE: My star ratings apply ONLY to the MIDDLE/HIGH school. I would have to give 1 star, or less, to the principal admin of the elementary school).

Posted May 30, 2014
AEA Elementary has been nothing short of amazing when it comes to my children's education. Yes, problems with a first year start up school with 5-districts fighting to close us down for their loss of student funding... however, if you focus on the KIDS, not the administration's struggles... then nothing else matters. My children are THRIVING and I mean THRIVING academically, socially, and personally. Expression and confidence is through the roof this year. I'm reading the 1 star reviews below and it saddens me because there is very little mention of how well their children did...sounds more like a "take my ball and go home" parent problem. 25 students to a class, energetic and amazing teachers, staff members who are like friends, and parents and administration that will go the distance (literally) for this school. AEA is a culture... AEA is a family. AEA is producing an amazing irreplaceable education for these young scholars and I am very grateful we have been a part of their founding year.

Posted May 29, 2014
I'm not sure if this school is worth the drama of AEA Elementary, which is a disaster. Right from all the broken promises regarding location, never quite letting parents know what's going on, to the very unfriendly attitude of the Principal, I cannot see what the hype is about. The only honest communication you can count on from this school - is calls for fundraising and donations. And if you dare to voice your opinion about the school, you will be voted off the island! You either agree that AEA is the most awesome or leave. As a parent who questioned issues with the school, I felt like I was treated like the enemy! We pulled our child out of AEA Elementary, which touts a private school education in a public school. Our local public school is a million times better. Very happy not to have to deal with AEA drama anymore!
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 20, 2014
After all the controversy we've had to put up with regarding the AEA Elementary, like many parents, we're pulling our kids and going back to a local, public school. It's true what other reviewers have said - this school is trying to be a private school, right down to the private school price! It's all about money. They're constantly asking for donations for just about everything. When it comes down to it, seems like the controversy is well deserved. If you absolutely must have a private school education for your child(ren), then go to a private school!

Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences 3

Posted May 14, 2014
Private school attitudes in public school sounds good, but not when it comes to certain kids getting preferential treatment due to their parents donating lots of money to the school. This isn't supposed to be the case, but we pulled our daughter halfway through the year because we saw evidence that money buys influence with the administration and staff. So I guess if you want a "private school" experience for your kid, this is the place to go. High teacher turnover... new/inexperienced teachers... most of whom are running scared every single year that they'll be laid off. It's a fine school, and the kids are nice, just know that it's not an equal playing field.
2 people found this helpful

Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences
28141 Kelly Johnson Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA  91355
Last modified Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert Einstein Academy For Letters, Arts And Sciences Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top