Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

First impression is an everlasting impression. The first day I walked on this campus to get enrollment information, I met the principal, Michele Krantz who greeted us just as we were about to leave. She was so nice and inviting, conversed with us and offered to show us around the campus. We moved to the area due to the tragic loss of a child so it was very important that I found a school that would be sensitive to my son's needs and situation. Mrs. Krantz made me feel like he was in good hands and in the best school. When I came back and met the counselor Ms. Gorlich (sp), she was just as pleasant and understanding as the principal. To top it off, La Mesa offers a 6-wk grief group for children who have experienced loss that Ms. Gorlich is a part of. I couldn't believe that I found a wonderful school, with a wonderful principal and counselor. I haven't had a chance to meet any of the teachers except one and she was even pleasant, understanding, very helpful and sensitive to my child's situation with the loss of his sibling. It is very evident that this school has a great leader in the principal and a great supporting staff who cares about the students and their well-being.

I love this Jr High school and have had a wonderful experience having my son here. The principal, Mrs Krantz is amazing and so involved with the kids and activities going on. I'm excited to send a second child through this school next year! A lot of Jr High schools can be a rough environment and very traumatizing.....I feel safe sending my kids here and appreciate everything the staff does to make this school great!

Amazing school with amazing teachers. Principal was such friendly and listening of any concerns. Great teachers include Mr. Rippee, Mrs. Good, and Mr. Schulman

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mr. Schulman- BEST teacher EVER, for History. Able to inspire the students to love HISTORY

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school takes every opportunity to teach the kids to use honesty as a baseline for dealing with others

Mrs. Krantz, the amazing Principal, has put her full heart into this school and into the students. She has an open door always to families, students and the community. La Mesa has by far the BEST teachers that spill their knowledge into the students. I was extremely sad that our daughters had to move onto high school, since they would be leaving this AMAZING school and LOVING people .

My son is a 7th grader. His transition to middle school had been seamless. There are lots of ways to get involved and parents are included in many ways. There have been many wonderful family activities: 6th grade BBQ, Back to school night, Family Fun Night, a lunch with the team teachers and students, PAC meetings and much more. The teachers are extremely dedicated and inspire the students, the amazing administrators are always available and willing to answer any questions or concerns. My child is comfortable and has adapted well. I am very proud to be a parent at this school.

My son is in 7th grade and is loving this school. The teachers and staff have been amazing. The principal, vice principal and the counselors are all enthusiastic, open and welcoming. Our experience so far has been really positive.

All 3 of my children have attended this junior high. My youngest is in 8th grade now. I heard so many terrible stories about this school. Nothing could be further than the truth. This school is awesome and keeps getting better. The principal, teachers, and staff work very hard to make sure that all students and parents feel welcome.

My son has started the 7th grade here and come home with something positive to say about the campus and teachers each day. The principle, Michelle Krantz and Vice Principle, Jose Malave, are extremely approachable, in fact, they will probably come up to you an introduce themselves first. At the beginning of Summer they hosted a BBQ to the new 7th graders and families, which I thought was a great way to make us comfortable going into our next phase with our son. We were greeted right away by Mrs. Krantz, who later did a 40 minute talk with parents in the MPR. She really connected to everyone in the room, addressed all the concerns I had and with her blunt, witty approach made everyone engaged and comfortable. With my son, who so far is an angel (knock on wood), going into middle school, I had the same concerns about drugs, safety and peer pressure, as many parents do. This school has an anonymous Text A Tip program, which all the kids and parents should know about. Not only that, but the passion from the staff to get parents involved is not typical to that of a middle school. I am extremely relieved to have my son here and I would recommend parents to stay engaged and join the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), which meets once a month and does fundraising for the school as well as has an open floor to issues and improvements that any parents may have. I hope you found my review helpful :)

Last modified La Mesa Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.