Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 09, 2016
I'd like to say thank you to Ms. Gorlich. I stopped by last week and left a message. She wasn't able to see me right then due to being in a meeting but called me back the same day and addressed my concerns. She also followed through with calling my son to her office to see how he was doing. That meant a lot to me....and she isn't even his assigned counselor. I feel like La Mesa adopts the "village" concept and I love it!!

Posted March 09, 2016
First impression is an everlasting impression. The first day I walked on this campus to get enrollment information, I met the principal, Michele Krantz who greeted us just as we were about to leave. She was so nice and inviting, conversed with us and offered to show us around the campus. We moved to the area due to the tragic loss of a child so it was very important that I found a school that would be sensitive to my son's needs and situation. Mrs. Krantz made me feel like he was in good hands and in the best school. When I came back and met the counselor Ms. Gorlich (sp), she was just as pleasant and understanding as the principal. To top it off, La Mesa offers a 6-wk grief group for children who have experienced loss that Ms. Gorlich is a part of. I couldn't believe that I found a wonderful school, with a wonderful principal and counselor. I haven't had a chance to meet any of the teachers except one and she was even pleasant, understanding, very helpful and sensitive to my child's situation with the loss of his sibling. It is very evident that this school has a great leader in the principal and a great supporting staff who cares about the students and their well-being.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 03, 2015
The principal, Mrs Krantz is amazing with the kids and I'd like to thank her for all that she does.

Posted November 03, 2015
I love this Jr High school and have had a wonderful experience having my son here. The principal, Mrs Krantz is amazing and so involved with the kids and activities going on. I'm excited to send a second child through this school next year! A lot of Jr High schools can be a rough environment and very traumatizing.....I feel safe sending my kids here and appreciate everything the staff does to make this school great!

Posted October 31, 2015
Amazing school with amazing teachers. Principal was such friendly and listening of any concerns. Great teachers include Mr. Rippee, Mrs. Good, and Mr. Schulman

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 30, 2015
Mr. Gary Schulman. You have been such an amazing teacher to both our daughters! Your care, excitement, and knowledge has lead our girls into the right direction with learning and skills to know as a student . Thank you for your amazing teaching style

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 30, 2015
Mr. Schulman- BEST teacher EVER, for History. Able to inspire the students to love HISTORY

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 30, 2015
Out daughter was involved in ASB and she learned some amazing tools to respect towards other students and adults

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 30, 2015
This school takes every opportunity to teach the kids to use honesty as a baseline for dealing with others

Posted October 30, 2015
Mrs. Krantz, the amazing Principal, has put her full heart into this school and into the students. She has an open door always to families, students and the community. La Mesa has by far the BEST teachers that spill their knowledge into the students. I was extremely sad that our daughters had to move onto high school, since they would be leaving this AMAZING school and LOVING people .

26623 May Way, Santa Clarita, CA  91351-5577
Last modified La Mesa Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.