La Mesa Junior High School 5

Posted May 16, 2014
I'm so impressed by this school and its wonderful teachers and staff. My son is thriving at La Mesa and enjoys going to school each day. He regularly comes home talking about his beloved English teacher, Mr. Strauss, a man who can really connect with his students and make English class interesting. The band director, Mr. Stephan, is TOP NOTCH. I have never attended a junior high school band concert that deserved a standing ovation until now. This school really has a lot to offer and we're always well informed about upcoming events and grade status.

Posted January 14, 2014
So far so good! My older son loves La Mesa & the team he is on for 7th grade (QUEST) is outstanding! My son was struggling with the first unit in math & his teacher worked with him during brunch to help improve his grade. ALL the teachers we have been in contact with have been very supportive & willing to go the extra step to make sure my son has success (every email/phone call has been returned). The PE program is outstanding & love that they compete with the other JHS in the SCV for cross country & track (my son was lucky enough to compete last fall). My other son is looking forward to attending La Mesa next year because of all the wonderful things he has heard from my son & his friends about their experiences at La Mesa. My only concern is my son going to GVHS under the current principal & administration there, the Principal & current administration @ GVHS have been known to be apathetic & weak in their leadership. Students deserve better at GVHS then a stagnant school, the Hart District needs to make a change for positive student growth (instead of being the districts doormat or joke, "Ghetto Valley" is the nickname that other teachers at other schools refer to GHVS as).

Posted December 12, 2013
This is one of the worst schools my son has EVER attended! The chaos between the inconsistency of the teachers, homework, grading policies, homework policies along with other issues. The large amount of papers that maybe a teacher will grade, maybe not, that the teachers might record, or they miss, the homework website that they all say they do daily but then a month into the semester, they don't, or can't keep up with, is the craziest thing I have ever seen! My son has been doing homework from one class for the last 9 hours. The teachers blame the students although my father which is a college graduate along with my husband, which is also a college graduate, my mother and myself work daily as a team to figure out what teacher puts or doesn't put homework up on the website then checking Interactive Notebooks, which is a WASTE OF TIME book they TAPE EVERY paper ever done into. That might or might not be graded to then get a grade for taping the homework in! Not to mention the packets of work, that don't belong with everything in the Interactive Notebook, that might or might not have a stamp or check mark (depending on the teacher). These children are set up by this school to FAIL!

Posted September 28, 2013
Well im in 8th an im having fun . Im in the Brainics team and it's hard but if you study and pay attention it becomes easy. Mr. Galarza my science teacher is super tough but it's because he wants the best for us kids. Mr. Shulman is really funny and Mr. Suarez my pe teacher is nice. Pe can be tough but if you try and don't cheat yourself you'll do good. You run a lot but you get use to it. I started with a 9:33 mile and know im at a 7:40. So i like this school and i hope you do to.

Posted August 08, 2013
la mesa is a Wonderful school.. im going into my 8th grade year and i cant wait all of my teachers were awsome mrs. savage was my math teacher and her doors were open every day for extra help and my elective teacher mrs.Debeekah was also a very fun and loving teacher.. i might not be able to do PE this year so im goin to try to get in her elective class again:)

Posted July 21, 2013
Its an awful school. The teachers lack a lot in their ability to succsesfully eduacate children. The teachers seem to have no motivation, or care about their students. My child worst teacher A 8th grade math teacher "Rebecca Brammer". My child always came home and toled my of how depressed she seems, and that she really never smiles. Other teachers were somewhat of the same way.

Posted August 24, 2012
This is a good public junior high school. The drop-off and pick -up is not the best but is ok.

Posted June 03, 2011
I was not happy with my childs experience here and I am a very involved parent. Some teachers are so mean but nothing can be done. Over crowding makes a teachers job difficult and not all parents participate. We are seeking private education or the charter schools now. It is terrible what is happening to the schools out here.

Posted February 27, 2011
I had some very good times at this school and also some very bad times, and I miss the school very much. The teachers were just amazing, they all took great pride in teaching. The band was very dedicated. The P.E. program is incredibly well-rounded. The campus is simple and you can quickly get used to it. The library is BEYOND AMAZING, very nice people running it, nice and spacious, a lot of nice literature, nicely organized. The only thing that I can really complain about is the bullying. There is a lot of bullying at this school. It isn't always apparent but it occurs. I don't blame the administration. The traffic in the morning is a minor problem, the drop-off area is much too small. There were a few fights, a few drug problems, and some pretty bad kids, but if you leave them alone and hang with the right people, you should be fine. Overall I had a pretty nice experience at this school, learned a lot, and made good friends. The staff is very helpful and they TRULY care, trust me. It has its rough moments, but I believe that's normal.

La Mesa Junior High School 5

Posted December 01, 2010
I am in ASB leadership class! i luv it! i luv this school! (even though the councilers dont need to be in my buisness) but i have a lot of fun! i reccomend ur child to go here!!! :)

La Mesa Junior High School
26623 May Way, Santa Clarita, CA  91351
Last modified La Mesa Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Mesa Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top