No rating

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help

Private | K-8 | 278 students

Living in Santa Clarita

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $224,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,630.

Posted September 3, 2014

My son joined second grade in OLPH this year and I have all positive experiences until now. Its a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere and my son is loving OLPH. I am happy about the academic and spiritual focus and I am definitely confident about the values that the school can contribute to my child's personality development!

Posted April 13, 2014

Don't be fooled. School is struggling. Enrollment is down. Teachers & parents unhappy and leaving by the droves. 5th grade teacher quit mid year. Ask the MANY good families who have left, why they left. How many priests have they been through in the last year? Big discrepancy between what they market and what they really do. Got rid of science fair, got rid of spelling bee, got rid of 5th grade wax museum, got rid of 2nd grade participating in May Crowning, got rid of 1st Holy Communion reception, got rid of hymn practice, got rid of volunteer tea. Have a field trip planned and forgot to order a bus. Check out website. Many teachers on there have been gone for years. Many students on website will be juniors in high school. It is not updated & filled w/typos. We could go on and on. Middle school is awful. Teachers yelling and crying in front of students. MANY teachers unhappy and feel unsupported from principal. Run, as fast as you can to get away from this school. Many students don't feel safe there. Sad to hear leadership speaking poorly of staff and of parents. Nothing private w/lots of gossip. Has lost spiritual feeling and less Catholic by the day.

Posted March 6, 2014

My child began attending OLPH Catholic School after a horrible incident at a Saugus Union Public School. OLPH immediately welcomed him and offered him a safe environment to learn and grow. The best thing I like about OLPH is the responsibility the children feel as being part of a bigger community. I am certain that the code of ethics the parents and students live by keep the public school "crazies" away. It's great, the children simply learn to be good students and even better humans without all the nonsense. I am thrilled we found OLPH for my child.

Posted March 4, 2014

We have been at OLPH for 4 years and have 2 children at the school. Since the very first day we have been welcomed and made to feel a part of the catholic and academic community. There is a very active Parent Teacher Organization that plans all of the school s activities and fundraisers. The school recently opened a chapter of the California Junior Scholarship Federation, an honor society for seventh and eighth graders of academic excellence. The teachers work in conjunction with parents to help students who are either struggling or need more challenging work. There are weekly after school classes in every subject for students who need additional help. Some teachers offer several levels of work to better fit the student s abilities. The principal is warm and caring and on the few occasions we've had concerns, she has worked with us to quickly resolve the problem. Bullying occurs in every walk of life and at every age, even with adults. These situations have been swiftly addressed when brought to the attention of administration or teachers. The staff of OLPH is dedicated to the education of the whole child. I am grateful we are able to send our children to this outstanding school.

Posted August 17, 2013

Principal is a joke. Lack of institutional control in a big way. Strong parent involvement but almost too strong-a couple of parents run the school. If you like politics and lack of structure, combined with several teachers who yell and scream this is the place for you.

Posted April 15, 2012

My children have been very happy and have made lots of friends at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. We have all been welcomed with warmth and friendship at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. Moving my kids here is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The principal is kind, warm, and wonderful, the teachers are excellent, the academics are superb, and there is a very robust sports program. The students participate in weekly masses, are very respectful, and very knowledgeable about their Catholic faith. I highly recommend OLPH!

Posted April 15, 2012

My children have been enrolled at OLPH since we moved to Santa Clarita 2-1/2 years ago. I have been very impressed with the curriculum, the dedication of the teachers, and the helpfulness of the staff. The academics are excellent and the religious education is superb. The parents were very welcoming from the first day. We were encouraged to get involved and become not just a part of the PTO, but also a part of the Catholic community. Having my children at OLPH has made our move to this community feel like we've come home.

Posted July 25, 2011

We have gone to OLPH for 7 years and have had a great experience. Academics to athletics have been solid and the teachers are great.

Posted July 10, 2011

I'm Glad i left this school! The principal was terrible and never help any of the kids. When i had a problem i went to her office and requested help. She replied : " I don't have time right now. Sorry." Teachers are terrible! I struggled with math and when i raised my hand for help. She never helped me! PE is only 1 a week. At public schools ( Jr high) Its everyday for at least 35 mins! I hate this school! I was a 7th grader there and there i was bullied and was never accepted. I ate lunch alone and was teased. And of course The principal thought i was a lier and never helped. ITS A WASTE OF MONEY! THEY ARE MONEY GREEDY!!! i only lasted 5 months of the pain i had to go though. Please save your child its happiness and seach somewhere else. La mesa is a great start. also 2 kids including me left because of bulling.

Posted December 12, 2010

This is my grandsons fourth year at OLPH. He is in the fourth grade. My wife and I were extremely pleased when we were accepted at OLPH. From the first day that he walked onto the school grounds to this day, he can't wait to get to school. The teachers have always been excellent. The quality of the education and Catholic education that he is receiving are paying off. When he tells me, this is my school and this is my church, I know we made the right decision to send him to OLPH. Grand parents and father of a very happy fourth grade student.

Posted December 10, 2010

My children have been students at Our Lady of Perpetual Help for 6 years now. The school has been a very positive influence in our lives and has offered my children many opportunities to excel both in their education and most importantly in their Catholic Faith. The teachers are all credentialed and are very professional both in and out of the classrooms. My children are very happy there and there is no other school we would rather send them too.

Posted December 10, 2010

I wanted my child to be in a loving Catholic environment that is equally great academically... and that is exactly what I got! This school has the most loving and caring staff, students and parents. when you attend OLPH you become part of a family. In volunteering here I have seen first hand how respectful the students are towards one another and to adults. My child's faith has soared, now that she is not only praying at home but at school as well.

Posted December 10, 2010

We've been at OLPH since 1996 and wouldn't have done it any other way. We have seen all the changes, some not favorable, but mostly good. We have to be realistic and learn to adopt to changes, just as we do in the real world. Like with any other school, parents have to be involved with their children's education, both academically and spiritually, and not expect the teachers to do everything for them. Both my husband and I have always been involved at the school and we have gained so many friends. Our oldest child is now in college and we still have one in middle school. The dedication to education and Catholicism that the Sisters and teachers instilled in our children have helped our children succeed in their endeavors.

Posted December 10, 2010

This is a very nice school. My children love it here and I love volunteering with the other parents. Love the fact that I feel appreciated not only by the staff, children but also other parents. The children are so respectful and you can tell they have a sense of belonging amongst each other. Because of the small number of students they all know each other and you can clearly see the little ones admiring the older ones and the older ones caring for the little ones the students and the parents form a big family. Its an amazing school! The academics, PE and sports programs are competitive within our Valley and there is nothing lacking in the religious aspect. I know all the teachers are credentialed and highly trained; love the fact that many have specialty masters. It is also very affordable and they have 100% back up financial support from the archdiocese of Los Angeles. The school offers everything and more academically and spiritually and in my opinion you get a well rounded education. I am so glad my wife and I decided on this school we could not ask for more.

Posted December 10, 2010

This is the second year for my son at Our Lady of Perpetual Help and he just loves it and is thriving! Everyone at OLPH immediately made us feel so welcomed like part of a loving family. He has learned so much academically & about his faith. All the teachers and staff are professional and caring. We're so blessed to have him attend such a wonderful school!

Posted December 9, 2010

This is a great school not only does it offer an outstanding education but it offers a firm religious foundation. The curriculum is accelerated and it surpasses the california state standards. Every teacher is fully credentialed and many have additional master degrees. Both my kids thrive here and there is no other place where I would send them. We have been welcomed by all the parents and it feels like a true community. My kids have made great friends. Overall the best choice we've made. Love the school .

Posted December 9, 2010

The GREATEST private school in Santa Clarita !!!!! Champions of Santa Clarita Valley Private Schools Co-ed Volleyball League 2010

Posted October 1, 2010

Don't bother. This school is not for the academically gifted, and the principal is extremely weak. The teachers do their best with what they have, but have few resources. It's true that Catholicism is preached, but "love they neighbor as thyself" is not practiced. Nastiness by parent volunteers toward other volunteers is sanctioned by the administration. Do yourself, and more importantly, your child, a favor by looking elsewhere. The public schools in the area are great, and there are other private schools as well.

Posted August 5, 2010

Our children have been attending OLPH since 2001. We have had the experience of having the Sisters as teachers as well as the current faculty. We were concerned that our children would lose the Catholic teaching once the Sisters left the school but that has not been the case at all. Academically, OLPH standards are very high. Yes, the kids have lots of homework that keeps them busy most weeknights. The new Principal Mrs. Krall is a smart, lovely woman who is approachable and involved with the school families. If anything, I feel a stronger sense of community in this school since the changeing of the guard. My son moves on to Alemaney this year and graduated OLPH with honors. The one improvement I would like to see is a school gym and a full time gym teacher for daily Phys Ed class and a more competitive approach to sports.

Posted November 14, 2009

No, not all the teachers are accredited. The newer ones are college graduates who are working on their masters and towards getting accredited.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Sharon Krahl
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles