Posted November 12, 2014
My sister is new to this school, and she has had a horrible experience. On the first week, they would ask you to buy a ton load of school supplies but the supplies aren't for your child they're for the school. They make YOU buy the supplies instead of themselves as a "donation". This school is very low income, and through what my sister has experienced, the principal disregards the students, and barely any of the teachers know how to teach. If you were considering to transfer your child here, in a situation to avoid the "public school craze", they are better off in public school. Students behave the same way as public school students do. It also seems like teaching about Catholicism is more valued than the rest of the academic subjects. My sister has told me that, unlike public school students, the students here don't even try to learn, and completely blow off the classes their parents had paid for. The school also does this thing called a "Free Dress Day" every other week, wherein you come to school without your uniform, and each student is required to bring fifty cents.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help 4

Posted September 03, 2014
My son joined second grade in OLPH this year and I have all positive experiences until now. Its a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere and my son is loving OLPH. I am happy about the academic and spiritual focus and I am definitely confident about the values that the school can contribute to my child's personality development!

Posted April 13, 2014
Don't be fooled. School is struggling. Enrollment is down. Teachers & parents unhappy and leaving by the droves. 5th grade teacher quit mid year. Ask the MANY good families who have left, why they left. How many priests have they been through in the last year? Big discrepancy between what they market and what they really do. Got rid of science fair, got rid of spelling bee, got rid of 5th grade wax museum, got rid of 2nd grade participating in May Crowning, got rid of 1st Holy Communion reception, got rid of hymn practice, got rid of volunteer tea. Have a field trip planned and forgot to order a bus. Check out website. Many teachers on there have been gone for years. Many students on website will be juniors in high school. It is not updated & filled w/typos. We could go on and on. Middle school is awful. Teachers yelling and crying in front of students. MANY teachers unhappy and feel unsupported from principal. Run, as fast as you can to get away from this school. Many students don't feel safe there. Sad to hear leadership speaking poorly of staff and of parents. Nothing private w/lots of gossip. Has lost spiritual feeling and less Catholic by the day.

Posted March 06, 2014
My child began attending OLPH Catholic School after a horrible incident at a Saugus Union Public School. OLPH immediately welcomed him and offered him a safe environment to learn and grow. The best thing I like about OLPH is the responsibility the children feel as being part of a bigger community. I am certain that the code of ethics the parents and students live by keep the public school "crazies" away. It's great, the children simply learn to be good students and even better humans without all the nonsense. I am thrilled we found OLPH for my child.

Posted March 04, 2014
We have been at OLPH for 4 years and have 2 children at the school. Since the very first day we have been welcomed and made to feel a part of the catholic and academic community. There is a very active Parent Teacher Organization that plans all of the school s activities and fundraisers. The school recently opened a chapter of the California Junior Scholarship Federation, an honor society for seventh and eighth graders of academic excellence. The teachers work in conjunction with parents to help students who are either struggling or need more challenging work. There are weekly after school classes in every subject for students who need additional help. Some teachers offer several levels of work to better fit the student s abilities. The principal is warm and caring and on the few occasions we've had concerns, she has worked with us to quickly resolve the problem. Bullying occurs in every walk of life and at every age, even with adults. These situations have been swiftly addressed when brought to the attention of administration or teachers. The staff of OLPH is dedicated to the education of the whole child. I am grateful we are able to send our children to this outstanding school.

Posted August 17, 2013
Principal is a joke. Lack of institutional control in a big way. Strong parent involvement but almost too strong-a couple of parents run the school. If you like politics and lack of structure, combined with several teachers who yell and scream this is the place for you.

Posted April 15, 2012
My children have been very happy and have made lots of friends at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. We have all been welcomed with warmth and friendship at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. Moving my kids here is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The principal is kind, warm, and wonderful, the teachers are excellent, the academics are superb, and there is a very robust sports program. The students participate in weekly masses, are very respectful, and very knowledgeable about their Catholic faith. I highly recommend OLPH!

Posted April 15, 2012
My children have been enrolled at OLPH since we moved to Santa Clarita 2-1/2 years ago. I have been very impressed with the curriculum, the dedication of the teachers, and the helpfulness of the staff. The academics are excellent and the religious education is superb. The parents were very welcoming from the first day. We were encouraged to get involved and become not just a part of the PTO, but also a part of the Catholic community. Having my children at OLPH has made our move to this community feel like we've come home.

Posted July 25, 2011
We have gone to OLPH for 7 years and have had a great experience. Academics to athletics have been solid and the teachers are great.

Posted July 10, 2011
I'm Glad i left this school! The principal was terrible and never help any of the kids. When i had a problem i went to her office and requested help. She replied : " I don't have time right now. Sorry." Teachers are terrible! I struggled with math and when i raised my hand for help. She never helped me! PE is only 1 a week. At public schools ( Jr high) Its everyday for at least 35 mins! I hate this school! I was a 7th grader there and there i was bullied and was never accepted. I ate lunch alone and was teased. And of course The principal thought i was a lier and never helped. ITS A WASTE OF MONEY! THEY ARE MONEY GREEDY!!! i only lasted 5 months of the pain i had to go though. Please save your child its happiness and seach somewhere else. La mesa is a great start. also 2 kids including me left because of bulling.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help
23225 Lyons Avenue, Santa Clarita, CA  91321
Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Perpetual Help Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top