Santa Clarita, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 01, 2012
My daughter just finished her kindergarten at Pinecrest and I couldn't be happier ! Her kindergarten teacher was excellent. The homework was appropriate for her age and the environment was both nurturing and challenging. I loved the level of communication between the parent the staff and the teachers. Pinecrest, its staff and her teacher instilled in my daughter not only knowledge and important educational skills but most importantly a love of learning and school pride. A truly wonderful school with amazing staff. Can't wait for first grade !

Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia 1

Posted November 21, 2011
This is what I call the "Wallmart" of private schools in SCV. True it is about 150 dollars a month cheaper than the other private schools in the area (not really much of a savings). But there is a good reason for that. Parents are seeing that most of the public schools in the area offer a much higher quality "environment" than this school, and that this is not worth paying for. The enrollment has gone from well over 300 students to just barely over 100 students in the last couple years. There has been a fairly high teacher turnover rate as well. The school is quickly heading downhill and has a negative reputation among many Santa Clarita parents (and teachers). There are a few very high quality private schools in SCV that are only slightly more expensive but offer a much higher quality experience, so it's well worh a few extra bucks if you are already willing to pay for private school. We removed our child for the same reasons many others complain about.

Posted September 01, 2011
My son went to Pinecrest for Pre-School. He is not reading yet, but he is a confident, caring kid who can do 6plus puzzles and count to one hundred. I credit the staff for this. The principal of the Pre-school was available for me any time i wanted. The staff made us feel like we were part of the family. I will re-review the school at the end of this year...but so far so AWESOME!

Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia 1

Posted June 01, 2011
The Principal has poor leadership skill, kids are stressed out because the teachers yell at them they push them too MUCH! Yes, it's great that a kid can read one year ahead but what's the rush? They don't have an auditoruim, computer lab is miniature size, the library has very limited selection. I ask myself why do I pay $800 for tuition $ 200 for uniforms plus $100 dollars for lunches per month??? The parents are not involved, they don't even have parent/teacher conferences!

Posted February 18, 2011
Pinecrest is an excellent preschool. Great teachers, nice facility, low student/teacher ratio (10:2) in my daughter's class.They focus on both development, good values, and academics. My daughter started there at 3 and this is her second year. She can now write her name, and read many sight words and simple words.

Posted August 14, 2010
This school has far exceeded my expectations. My son started in kindergarten and will now be entering 2nd grade. I was a little hesitant to enroll him there at first since Pinecrest had a reputation for being primarily a daycare. The school is very small and the staff are very kind and helpful. The teachers there are seasoned veteran teachers with many years under their belt. The classroom sizes always ranged from 16-19 students per teacher with a fulltime teachers aid. The curriculum is by far more advanced and superior than at the public school he would have attended. He was reading be the beginning of kinder and being introduced to more advanced math concepts at the end. By first grade he was reading chapter books and learning 2nd grade math. We just received his star scores and he was above average on ALL the main categories. Pinecrest Valencia is great!!!!

Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia 4

Posted May 13, 2010
I love this school. Most importantly, so does my daughter! Her Kinder teachers are caring, loving and "excellent" curriculum facilitators. The school is a parent's dream come true, when it comes to teacher student ratios. For example, my daughter's Kinder class has 17 students to "2" full-time teachers (one is an assistant teacher) in the classroom! Last I checked, Kinder classes in public schools have an average of 32-34 students per class! It's no wonder why pinecrest Kinder students whiz right through a K curriculum and make a smooth transition into 1st grade curriculum right after Christmas! Not only can my daughter read at a first grade level, but she can also "spell" 50+ sight words too, and it's only May! Your child will definitely receive an accelerated program at Pinecrest ,Valencia, for a very reasonable and affordable tuition fee.

Posted June 17, 2009
My child loves going to school everyday. We are so pleased that she reads over one grade level ahead of her grade. We love the staff. Pinecrest is a good fit for us.

Posted June 27, 2007
Great school. My child loves to come to school and is learning 1st grade work in Kindergarten. Awesome.

Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia 3

Posted January 18, 2007

Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia
25443 Orchard Village Road, Santa Clarita, CA  91355
Last modified Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Pinecrest Schools ? Valencia Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top