Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted December 07, 2015
We transferred to Gault this year from another school and could not be more impressed. My child's teacher is well-educated, kind, and energetic. The administration is very in tune with the needs of children and their families and is easily approachable. Our family was welcomed with open arms by other parents and we have met many new friends, as has our child. Our walk to school takes 5 minutes. LOVE GAULT!

Gault Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2015
Teachers, Principal, and School Psychologist all showed little emotional intelligence, understanding of trauma, or willingness to look outside their goal of making my square peg kid fit into their round holes.We homeschool now and are so happy.

Gault Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
This is a wonderful neighborhood school with a real sense of community and caring. Our daughter has been there 5 years now and we are SO glad we made the decision to send her to Gault!

Posted September 03, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about Gault! My daughter who is now in middle school went there all 6 years, K-5 and so did my son who is now in 5th. Every one of my kids teachers were amazing at their jobs and gave their all to make sure all kids in the class thrived. There is a community built by the parents, students, staff and teachers! If this is your neighborhood school I urge you to visit the campus and take a tour. Talk with past and present parents and students. You will be very overwhelmed with what you see and feel.

Posted September 01, 2013
I have two children at Gault. I have to admit that before my oldest started 4 years ago I was concerned that the scores were lower than the other SC schools. We decided to give it a chance since it is our neighborhood school. Taking a chance paid off. We have had amazing teachers and Molly Parks is a wonderful principal. There are many parent volunteers who work very hard to make Gault a great school. The class sizes are small and there is a real sense of community. My children are thriving at Gault. If you live in the neighborhood you should look beyond the numbers and see for yourself.

Gault Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2013
BEWARE! If you can get your kids into a different school, then you should at least try. My daughter was bullied by other girls, made fun of for being Jewish and verbally assaulted by another parent while at school. This person actually threatened to make my daughter pay. We spoke with her teacher and tried to talk to the Principal. The Principal at this school seems very indifferent to any concerns but her own. She refused to listen to my daughter when she tried to complain, nor did she respond at all to indicate she saw a problem with the parent of a bully showing up to make additional threats. They tell you to "talk to them". If you try, you will be met with indifference. The girls who bullied my daughter and encouraged her to disrespect her family and herself are at camp, while my daughter is at home. Again, the Principal could have stepped up and tried to remedy this situation. She could have prohibited the bullies participation in a camp activity. Would you let your child go on an overnight outing with kids who have no conscience? Do you want your kids going to a school with a Principal and staff who see nothing wrong with bullying your child?

Posted February 05, 2013
I am a retired teacher, and taught for 22 years at a California Distinguished School. My professional life gave me knowledge of a number of schools in Santa Cruz County. My grandson goes to Gault Elementary, and it has been a wonderful experience from day one. He has had some challenges in his life, and both the principal, Molly Parks, and all the teachers he has had, not to mention the compassionate office staff and support personnel, have been there for him 100%. He is academically very strong and has been challenged and motivated by the engaging, creative curriculum. The Life Lab, music, art, and library programs are outstanding. I can't say enough for this great school.

Posted November 29, 2012
We really like Gault: it's a smaller school with great teachers and lots of involved parents. Our son can read well after one year of kindergarten and 3 months of first grade. The library is good and they have a garden with a life lab program where the kids learn about plants.

Posted July 16, 2012
I love Gault and have had nothing but a positive experience here. My second grade student was given great leadership by her teacher who cared about her academic success as well as her personal development. In short, we quickly fell in love with Gault. The value for nutrition is another thing that really impressed me. All students are given a healthy (whole grain, balanced) breakfast every day as well as awesome nutrition lessons relating to the garden program. I have no complaints. :)

Posted June 21, 2010
Gault is one of the smaller schools in the Santa Cruz school district. Their class sizes are small (for example my 1st grader had 18 students in her class) and the teachers are dedicated and have been at the school for an average of 10 years plus. The primary English speaking children get 4 days of Spanish. The school has a strong environmental and art emphasis. The life lab program is great too. We feel so lucky to have our kids here.

Gault Elementary School
1320 Seabright Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA  95062-2525
Last modified Gault Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.