Santa Margarita Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2014
My children have attended this school for 3 years now and it has only continued to go down hill. The school curriculum is a joke. The "common core" is only hindering children's ability to learn & make discerning thought processes. "Lambie the Lamb says Baaaa.... the letter 'A' says AAAA". whatever happened to A is for apple? This has confused students & isolated adults from being able to help their own children. Everything I see come home from my kids is BACKWARDS thinking & ridiculous. How is it that we hold a Masters Degree yet can't figure out their idiotic teaching methods? I am very disappointed in this school. The curriculum is a joke & the timeline of class schedules is equally irritating. Children who are in different classes require parents to pickup/drop off at random times. I have to drive to that school 4 times a day! This makes my family and toddler suffer throughout the week to accommodate their ill planned schedule. Plus, parking is a nightmare. The new principal has parents picking kids up in the BACK of the school in a PARKING LOT. As we are waiting in our HOT CARS in the sun, we wait for our kids & navigate around children who RUN in the parking lot. DANGEROUS!

Posted October 28, 2013
We love this school. It is small and the teachers and staff really pay individual attention to the children in the classes. Because of the small size of the school they are able to have a few special programs like the organic garden and the Learning Among the Oaks program which are exceptional. It is a small country school with exceptional teaching staff.

Posted October 28, 2013
I have two children that attend Santa Margarita Elementary School. They both love to get up to go to school every morning. The school is wonderful. It has a small hometown feeling. The principal is very caring. I always see her helping out around the school whether it is in the classrooms, on the playground, or helping the kids cross the street.

Posted October 27, 2013
First year of Common Core at Santa Margarita Elementary. Kids are adjusting and so far so good. I think it is an improvement for sure.

Posted May 03, 2012
Our daughter has gone to this school since she was in preschool. Most of the teachers are excellent. Mrs. L, Mrs. G, stand out for us. I hope they are paid well. There is one teacher though that we don't care for at all. While I wish I could elaborate I won't. Her last name starts with a W. Now I should clarify: there are two teachers whose last names start with a W. The one I'm referring to does "home schooling" - (yes at school). Not a good teacher in my opinion. Anyway, besides this fly in the ointment, the school is great, has beautiful grounds and we and our daughter love it.

Posted October 09, 2010
It's in my town and I'm a retired school nurse and I love kids !

Santa Margarita Elementary School 0

Posted June 07, 2009
Santa Margarita had a rough 2008-2009 school year with the principal being the major downfall. Thank God she has retired and a new prinicipal will be here next year. All of the parents and teachers are excited to have a new principal and look forward to better leadership, decision making and communication! The parents are very involved and love the teachers very much. They just need to repair the wounds the old principal made.

Posted August 11, 2008
My two sons are going into the third grade at Santa Margarita Elementary. This is an excellent schools with great teachers and a lot of parent participation. It has a small home town feel and a safe secure campus. I highly recommend this school for K-6.

Posted March 21, 2007
My two children have both attended Santa Margarita Elementary over a combined 10 year span. Teachers are happy, work well as a team, and communicate openly and often with parents. Parents are welcome in the classroom, on the playground, and are encouraged to participate in every activity. The campus also houses the District's Home School, as well as a County Special Education class, which has been a great gift to all of our children, in teaching them to be helpful and kind to kids who are different than themselves. There is a tremendous band program offered during the school day, and an outstanding after school drama program. If you are looking for a school with kind people (parents and staff), a family feeling environment, and expectations that your child will succeed both academically and socially, this is a school you will want to look into.

Posted August 12, 2006
In my personal experience parental involvement at SMES is always excellant. There are not many schools nowadays that actually have to turn away classroom volunteers because so many people want to help. We are a unique and exceptional school that prides itself on our small town atmosphere and high levels of community involvement.

Santa Margarita Elementary School
22070 H Street, Santa Margarita, CA  93453
Last modified Santa Margarita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Margarita Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top