No rating

Delphi Academy of Santa Monica

Private | PK-6 | 50 students

Our school is best known for our strong academics and rich curriculum.

Living in Santa Monica

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $501,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,660.

Posted June 26, 2014

Among the multiple private schools that were non-religious or church-affiliated in the Santa Monica area we were looking into, Delphi Santa Monica's philosophy and mission of education stood out. Its characteristic academic program of the individualized teaching method dares to acknowledge, respect, and embrace the intelligence of a bright child and dares to inspire, encourage, and support him/her to advance to a level higher than his/her own age group or grade number. Not to mention their rich curriculum mix that has a heavy concentration on art, along with a weekly class respectively in science, music, cooking, dance, Spanish, etc. Our daughter has blossomed, academically and otherwise, since entering Delphi Santa Monica in January. 6/26/2014

Posted October 18, 2013

My daughter has attended this school since Early Kindergarten and loves it. She is excited to go to school every morning. She is reading at end of K/1st grade level and she just turned five! (She wouldn't have even been allowed to start Kindergarten this year in public school!) She has learned how to play soccer, work with acrylics in art class and be part of a group. Another nice feature is how personalized the program is - what your child needs is addressed, which can be different from child to child. Highly recommend!

Posted August 19, 2013

I am a parent and have no affiliation with the school otherwise. When people talk about Delphi, they always link the school with Scientology. I don't know the exact connection, but the school does not teach religion by any means, and our family is not religious. We put our son there just for their excellent academic program with low student-teacher ratio. Check the place out and take a tour! We regret that we did not start our son early. They take kids even before 4 years of age. They don't pay a lot of attention to the age of the kid, but the readiness of the kid. With low student-teacher ratio, pretty much every kid is ready for his/her own personal path to success. If you care about academic development of your child, this is the place for you. I know many parents don't think their kids should "study" that hard at that age, rather, they should have fun and play. Believe me, there is plenty of play and fun there as well.

Posted October 31, 2012

Hi, I have son 7 years old and I have seen a trendous change in his over all and subject to subject performance at school within a very short period of time.he has started doing math problems with ease and confidence.their idea of testing and applying math skills on computers is unique and interesting.reading program is wonderful and lots of reading With his favourite topic on the daily basis has increased his interest to learn more about different tbings.Spanish language besides English is a vreat +.in this school.the staff is very nice,knowledgeable,and communicating.I feel so lucky as my son has such a wonderful and caring teacher who has helped him not only for his educational needs looking into what he is behind but I also see improvement in his general personality.

Posted July 13, 2012

I can not say enough wonderful things about Delphi Academy, Santa Monica. I was so impressed with the academic progress my son was making I turned my neighbors onto it as well. We live in Malibu and the communte is well worth it! I just asked my son what he thinks about Delphi. He said, " Well for because everyone is so nice, and all the kids get really smart because everyone around there just wants you to do well. My teacher is so nice, if I dont get something she really makes sure I understand it before I move on. I know everything I have learned." I want to give my child the best and by sending him to Delphi I feel like I am facilitating the best education possible. It works!!!!

Posted August 3, 2010

Our granddaughter has grown tremendously at Delphi. We are impressed with the focus on reading, math, writing and spelling at a young age; she is mastering the skills, not merely passing an exam. Above all, despite her involvement in extracurricular activities, she takes great delight in calling to share her accomplishments in school. For a family who believes a solid academic foundation is essential, it is apparent her parents diligence in selecting the "perfect" school is yielding the desired result: a young girl who is not just learning, but developing a joy of learning and becoming an extraordinary young lady. Thank you, Delphi Academy of Santa Monica, for all you do in educating our granddaughter.

Posted September 16, 2009

The reading program is beyond imaginable and the one on one attention that each student receives makes this school invaluable.

Posted March 19, 2009

My Son is absolutely flourishing at this school. I was very picky w/ my choice and feel so relieved. the kindness and respect amongst the students is remarkable. My son is reading at 1st grade level ( he's 5!) and excelling in Math and art and speaking french and art ...I could go on....The director of this school is phenomenal. I know the other parents all can agree that our child and any issues that come up from time to time are IMPORTANT to her and the other teachers.The care and attention is more than expected from a private school! Delphi is a newer school on the west side compared to the others and not many know about it- I think its the best kept secret! Love, AD

Posted March 11, 2009

Delphi SM is an incredible school. Our daughter LOVES going to school. She is proud to show us what she has learned each day and speaks highly of all her schoolmates and teachers. The Delphi approach to teaching; the dedication of the entire faculty to the students' and their progress; the dedication of the parents and the students enthusiasm to be at Delphi contribute to making Delphi SM an extraordinary school. If you want your child to develop a love for learning; to learn and study properly at a young age; and to have an education rich in academics and arts, Delphi SM is a school you should seriously consider.

Posted June 9, 2008

Delphi SM has been a wonderful school for our son. He went from being a child who hated to go to school to one who loves his school. They way they teach gives the children such great confidence in what they know and a passion to learn more. It's an extremely nurturing environment. I highly recommend the school to anyone looking for a private K-6 school. Deborah Haggis

Posted June 8, 2008

my son had attended a daycare that he loved and when we moved we had to put him into a new daycarehe. He was 2 1/2 at the time and was very sweet and well behaved. within 6 months he had turned into an entirely different person; rough, loud and ill-mannered. As soon as we were able we put him in Delphi Academy. Within a very short peiod of time he was back to his old self, sweet and well-mannered without losing any of his natural exuberance. On top of all that he has started to read... he is only 3 1/2! His teachers are so sweet and kind, and he truly loves them! Recently we were driving down the street after school and one of his teachers pulled up next to us, my son rolled down his window and started blowing kisses to her!!

Posted May 30, 2008

I have a son who is dyslexic, who had tremendous difficulty learning how to read. Three years of general, and special education, at public school were a complete failure. When hope seemed to be lost, I brought his to the Delphi Academy of Santa Monica. After doing their own testing, they told me with confidence that they could teach him how to read. I cannot describe my elation at seeing my son read, and then learn to enjoy reading. Their classes are small, their curriculum is customized to each child, their enrichment is tremendous. Delphi Academy of Santa Monica is by far the best education value in Southern California.

Posted December 13, 2007

Delphi Academy has truly been a positive force in our child's life. He is now enjoying learning and continues to develop his skills in a loving and nurturing school environment. He in Pre-K and I am amazed at the progress he is making. The class sizes are small which allows for concentration on the student as well as the ability to interact closely with both children and teacher. As my mother said just today, 'what a caring staff with a genuine interest in how her grandson is learning'. We love Delphi and can't wait to spend the next 7 years here! Heather J. Kramer

Posted November 21, 2007

My son has attended this school since their founding. He loves to learn and at age 8, feels more and more confident in his abilities across all subjects from academics to the arts. In a city where the choices are many, I am confident that I have chosen correctly and know that my child is surrounded by a dedicated staff and fellow students. This is a group that my son and our whole family are proud to be a part of.

Posted November 16, 2007

My daughter has been learning so much and really enjoys the school. She used to complain about being bored before she started and since starting she only complains about being bored on the weekends. I love that each child progresses at his or her own speed. She's learned so much already. Since starting in September she's already reading. They've also got ballet classes and music. The staff are really easy to talk to and really willing to help and make sure my daughter is progresses at her fastest speed. If there have been any problems I just talk to them and like that everything is handled. It's the greatest place you could send your child. The kids there are incredibly smart and helpful.

Posted August 7, 2007

Delphi is a wonderful school! We love it! The teacher's are amazing! My daughter is reading so well and excited about learning! She never wants to leave when I come to pick her up! The staff and parents are very friendly. We are very happy to be part of this great school!

Posted August 6, 2007

My children are thriving at Delphi. The reading program is outstanding. They both started reading at four, within weeks of starting school. Delphi is a very friendly and safe place for them to expand academically and socially. We love it.

Posted June 9, 2006

Wonderful teaching staff who really care for each child. There is a lot of creativity put into each program.
—Submitted by an administrator

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
Gardening teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

• Performing arts
  • Visual arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:45 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 8:10 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 4:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Ellen Garrison
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Science
  • Visual arts
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

• Poetry
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club

• Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
New Roads