Santa Monica Montessori 1

Posted June 29, 2014
The head of school is wishy washy and can't make decisions very well. She plays solitaire on her computer while meeting with prospective parents and students.

Santa Monica Montessori 4

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a lovely, friendly, bright school that focuses on the individual needs and talents of each child. The teachers are wonderful, engaged and very good at bringing out the best in each child. We brought our boys to this school and have been amazed by how quickly they are learning, picking up new ideas and becoming more independent & creative as a result. I would give it 5 stars except for the patchy communication with parents & weak admin processes. Don't be daunted by the sloppy admin & mishaps at the front desk. Once your child is in the classroom with the lovely teachers & his/her diverse classmates, he or she will thrive.

Posted January 11, 2014
We moved to the Palisades last year and started our 8 year old daughter in this school. This was our daughter's second Montessori school and although she misses her old friends, her progress has been excellent and we enjoy both the staff and the teachers. Pick up/drop off can be a bit difficult, but otherwise we can see why this school has such an excellent reputation in the area.

Posted April 07, 2013
This school is a prime example of the best that Montessori education has to offer, which both my husband and I strongly believe in. Many of the most innovative people in the world were Montessori children, including, but not limited to the founders of Amazon and Google. We love this school and everything it has done for our son and we can't recommend it enough to prospective parents. The Principal is one of the most well respected teacher trainers in the field and really knows her stuff. Regardless of what school you pick in the area, pick a Montessori school!

Posted January 31, 2013
Excellent teachers and staff. This is truly a community school, all the parents are actively involved and engaged. I cannot say enough about the amazing group of teachers at SMMS, my son loves going to school, learning and is eager to show me all that he was worked on during the day when I pick him up. We moved my son from this school to a language immersion school last year and he was not happy, he kept coming home telling me that they did not do any "work" and they were told "zip" their mouths and listen for long periods of time. I love that at SMMS they are allowed expression of thoughts, allowed to question things and are thought to think not just do. Great place for young kids to explore, learn and develop their inner leaders.

Posted November 14, 2012
The montessori method is great for letting children learn different subjects at different speeds, and this is by far the best montessori school we've ever had our son at. What has really set this school apart from our other experiences is that we feel that they really care about his individual progress. The parent teacher conferences have been very eye opening on how he is learning and developing.

Posted November 04, 2012
The best school in the area by far. It recently had a lot of major upgrades to the playground and the building in general. The teachers are amazing and our son is the happiest he's ever been going to school. I highly recommend Santa Monica Montessori.

Posted October 20, 2012
My daughter first attended the school and now my son goes there. I can't speak highly enough of Mrs. Crisman the director and all the staff at the school. It is a very special place and we have been absolutely thrilled with the attention our kids received. We credit everyone at this school with the little geniuses they have become.

Posted October 02, 2012
This school really takes the time to know your children and their needs, take it from the parent of a happy child, it's a fantastic school that I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Posted June 23, 2012
This is a fabulous school for early education. The teachers are top-notch and the director of the school really believes in and practices the Montessori principles. The community of students and parents is diverse and supportive. We have sent all three of our children here and when they entered public school their abilities were a grade or two above their peers. SMMS truly fosters a great academic community and a lifetime love of learning.

Santa Monica Montessori
1909 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA  90404
Last modified Santa Monica Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Santa Monica Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top