Santa Monica, CA
Students enrolled: 1,058

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 08, 2015
There was eventually an appretiation breakfast ... but other than that, I never saw a particularly concern about others.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 08, 2015
American culture is targeted at (personal) success. This school is no different. I have not seen any particular project in that direction.

Lincoln Middle School 5

Posted June 08, 2015
Overall, I`m very satisfied. I think the principal has a strong vision, and the staff is very committed toward its realization. Overall, most teachers are great, dedicated and fair with the children. I liked the way the content was developed through holistic, interdisciplinary projects, with clear goals, and lots of fun ! I loved the invited talks about teen development. However, I did not like: a) the Drama school (they take themselves too seriously) b) the attitude of a science teacher, who kept offending students in a daily basis (it is not funny). I`m a foreigner, and I don`t have basis for comparison, other than the school of my other kid (SAMOHI): compared to that, Lincoln was heaven !

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 08, 2015
Most of them were exceptional. Exception was the Science teacher, who offended the students in a daily basis.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 08, 2015
Not only it is too much, it is useless work (mere repetition). But I think it is American culture, not this particular school.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 08, 2015
I`m not sure. My child has these characteristics, so the school offered her opportunities. Had her not ... I don`t know.

Lincoln Middle School 5

Posted June 11, 2014
The teachers are wonderful. They teach the kids in very creative ways. Sure, the show alot of videos but they make you take notes or fill out worksheets. Best Middle School Ever.

Lincoln Middle School 3

Posted June 04, 2014
After three years experience with Lincoln, here are my conclusions. My son/daughter had some of the finest, most energetic, involved and engaged teachers. He also has had some of the laziest, incompetent, ill-tempered and mediocre teachers. A teacher that shows over 40 videos in a single semester? Really, isn't that the definition of disengaged? An infamous teacher with a chronic anger-management problem who ridicules students with "Chinese" names and who complains constantly to students that he is poorly paid while "you are all rich." Really? The place has such potential, and a foundation of brilliant teachers. But it is weighed down by administrative weakness, obvious lack of leadership, and an apparent inability to effectively bring into line those teachers who are thoroughly disengaged, frustrated, bored and incompetent. Those parents who can afford to send their kids to tutors do so in droves, so the state test scores are not as accurate a gauge of teaching quality as would be the case at a school from a less affluent demographic. Lincoln has been, for many of us, a deep and profound disappointment that falls far short of its strong reputation.

Lincoln Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Most everyone of the teachers at this school are superb. My son has had some amazing classroom experiences. The same can not be said for the administration or counseling staff - mostly hack. The general attitude at the school is very cold and rude compared with other schools in other areas.

Lincoln Middle School 3

Posted November 19, 2012
I haven't seen anything impressive in the way of educating children at LMS. There is a distinction within grades that uses a "Gem stone" for core division The principal states there is no difference yet it has been three months and the Diamond core has been to a science field trip and is dissecting in the classroom while the Ruby core has depended only on the text for the same unit. This looks similar to the illegal tracking of the 70's. It has been a long first semester for our GATE student that has lost luster for the school. After McKinley Elementary this school is a rude awaking. We have made some classroom changes and look forward to a great ending of our first year.

1501 California Avenue, Santa Monica, CA  90403
Last modified Lincoln Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top