Posted June 22, 2014
We've been at McKinley for two years and my daughter absolutely loves going to school each day. Her K and Grade 1 teachers were amazing. Parents are very involved and though we've had a change in administration over the past year, the staff/teachers/PTA/parent volunteers have continued to maintain the high level of life long learning we all come to expect from our schools. She has had science, art, and music throughout both years. My only complaint is how long it takes for the district to "fix" things around the school and that some of the facilities on campus (restrooms, ramps to the bungalows, etc.) seem to be pushed to the back when repairs are needed. Because this is a neighborhood school, many children walk/bike/scoot to school and we see school mates/parents all around our community.

McKinley Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2013
McKinley is like a little home away from home for the students, faculty, and families of Santa Monica. Family and community involvement is what makes this little gem of a school so special. Everything that McKinley does and achieves is supported and promoted by the families of students. Without such a great community involvement, McKinley wouldn't be as amazing as it is today. With teachers, students learn... but with parents, teachers, and students working together, learning soars.

Posted September 26, 2013
McKinley is a good school that my child looks forward to attending each morning. All of my child's teachers have had high expectations of the students, and I see most of the children blossoming as one would hope every year. It makes a huge difference when parents get involved on any level they can, even if it means just making sure your child does his or her homework. Overall, my family is very happy with our small, neighborhood school, McKinley.

Posted May 16, 2013
My son has an excellent teacher. I appreciate how she has really helped him build a strong foundation. The progress I have seen over the course of the year is more significant than I would have imagined. He came to first grade able to read simple one line sentences and can now fluidly read full paragraphs over multiple pages. My expectations have been exceeded. Thank you!

Posted May 16, 2013
My son had his first school year at Mckinley and It truly is a GEM, He has been to another SM school and this school is so much better. Quality caring staff without the stuffy uptight environment that other schools in the area have.

Posted April 28, 2013
This is the second year our child has been at McKinley and we couldn't ask for more in a school. The quality of instruction is exceptional, the community welcoming and the leaderpship outstanding. In relation to previous negative comments regarding front office staff, the principal has listened to these concerns and implemented positive change. The school works to build strong character in all of its students. All staff from custodians to the principal recognize students for making good choices and helping others. McKinley offers parents many ways in which to be invovled whether it's through volunteering in the classroom or participating in myriad activities the PTA has to offer. (We would also give the school a greater number of stars however, this website would not allow us to do so)

Posted November 11, 2012
My child go there and we think it is a great school!.... fully trust our child to their hands every morning.

Posted October 28, 2012
We have been so thrilled with our experience thus far. The teachers, staff and principal are well qualified and genuinely care and take pride in their school. The diverse student body is extraordinary making it a true microcosm and wonderflul community. The beautiful campus and smaller student body only adds to everyone's rich experience at this well kept Santa Monica secret.

Posted September 26, 2012
I don't get nor see the things that are alleged in some of these negative reviews. McKinley is by far, the best school my child has attended! & It's starts from the top. The Principal knows the direction & vision the school needs to go in. McKinley has been named one of the best schools under her watch & there is no disputing that. My child's experience has been great. She loves learning & being challenged by all her teachers. Even when one of her teachers had to take a leave of absence, McKinley did a great job finding an excellent sub. So much so, we even hired the sub as a private tutor during the summer. The lunch program is healthy & has a variety of choices for our kids. McKinley offers some affordable after school programs for parents like myself, who work long days on occasion. Parent involvement is pretty good & there are PLENTY of opportunities to volunteer & get involved with your child's class. The bottom line is you get what YOU put into it. I also used this site to review a good school for my child....I'm sure glad I chose McKinley & you will too.

Posted September 24, 2012
Great School! We currently have our youngest child attending there and our oldest attended there as well. Recently we had our child experience bullying in the playground. We had two incidents with the same child so we decided that the best thing to do so our child can feel safe and comfortable in school would be taking it to the principal. We are so happy with the way she handled everything. Even our child said she's the best. The staff is even aware of whats going on so it won't happen again. The staff and principal are great and would highly recommend this school. At Mckinley you feel like family.

McKinley Elementary School
2401 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA  90404
Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKinley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top