PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Anne School has a history of providing an affordable, quality education for working families. Our focus is on providing a program of academic excellence, and enriching it with programs in the arts and recreation. A recent study from Loyola Marymount University revealed that 98% of students who attend Catholic elementary schools graduate high school and attend four-year colleges, as compared to a public school high school drop out rate of over 50% in inner city schools. At a time when many public schools are forced to eliminate programs, due to the leadership and support of our fund-raising board, we are able to augment our programs, adding enrichment in the arts, technology and education. We have cutting-edge technology, with SMART Boards (interactive white boards) in every classroom, a school-wide instrumental music program where every child receives free weekly instrumental music instruction from professional musicians and music educators, hands-on primary and middle school science programs through P.S. Science and through collaboration with UCLA School of Engineering, art history instruction, and after school theater and dance programs. At only $3400 per year for 2010-2011, we are an incredible value. We encourage families looking for a quality education to come and see all that we have to offer.
February 02, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 15, 2016
The boys and girls' club staff was amazing. I'd like to thank them all! (Even though they are not the school's staff) Also the parent who helps ( or maybe she is staff) after school with the kids sign out sheets. Betta, you're amazing! I admire Miss Francis for her hard work over the years. Very respectful woman.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 15, 2016
My daughter had 3 teachers and I had issues with one of them not following through and losing assignments.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 15, 2016
I personally would have liked more homework but I think it was average compared to other schools.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 15, 2016
They don't expect much of the students. If kids don't do their work it's ok. If the student doesn't reach out to the teacher, the teacher doesn't reach out to the student.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted June 15, 2016
I'm neutral since I heard a few bullying stories where the principal didn't do much. At this moment I'm unsure about how I feel about the respect topic since one of the teachers was rude to me, but might not reflect the school's position.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 15, 2016
They have fundraisers to help others in the community and to help for different projects and organizations.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 15, 2016
I didn't see specific instances where they were instilling these qualities. They are more focused on parents reaching their fundraising goals thank children reaching their learning goals, if they have any.

St. Anne Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2015
I have learned to be responsible in both academic leadership and in growth in learning more about christ.This school is great for kids who want to do great things with there life.

St. Anne Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2015
This school is great. The teachers are very good in their wotk. The principle has great leadership skills. The kids respect and really like one another. They all feel as if they're one big family. My son has been in the school for 3 years and doing great.

St. Anne Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
This is my child's first year at SAS, we came on a recommendation, transferring from an LAUSD (highly rated) school. At SAS, the staff is what makes the school fantastic. My only criticism is that the blended learning system is being used as effectively as possible but I'm sure that will be rectified by the next school year. STUDENT BODY: diverse in many areas. Some of the children are incredibly gifted and some of the children would probably lag considerably at another school. Despite the spectrum, there doesn't seem to be any preferential treatment. PARENTS: most seem to be highly involved in their children's development (academically AND character), it is a small school so I sensed a little mistrust when we started but have since seen that dissipate. STAFF: this area is the treasure of SAS. I CANNOT express enough how impressed I am at the synergy between teachers and administration (including their directory of marketing), they're all accessible and seem to communicate with each other regarding the direction that they want the school to go. LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: traditional and intense with enrichment programs to supplement and broaden the children's experience.

2015 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA  90404
Last modified St. Anne Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8