PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Anne School has a history of providing an affordable, quality education for working families. Our focus is on providing a program of academic excellence, and enriching it with programs in the arts and recreation. A recent study from Loyola Marymount University revealed that 98% of students who attend Catholic elementary schools graduate high school and attend four-year colleges, as compared to a public school high school drop out rate of over 50% in inner city schools. At a time when many public schools are forced to eliminate programs, due to the leadership and support of our fund-raising board, we are able to augment our programs, adding enrichment in the arts, technology and education. We have cutting-edge technology, with SMART Boards (interactive white boards) in every classroom, a school-wide instrumental music program where every child receives free weekly instrumental music instruction from professional musicians and music educators, hands-on primary and middle school science programs through P.S. Science and through collaboration with UCLA School of Engineering, art history instruction, and after school theater and dance programs. At only $3400 per year for 2010-2011, we are an incredible value. We encourage families looking for a quality education to come and see all that we have to offer.
February 02, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Caring and hard working teachers, effective principal, friendly kids, and high academic standards.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My daughter had 3 teachers and I had issues with one of them not following through and losing assignments.

Amount of homework: Agree

I personally would have liked more homework but I think it was average compared to other schools.

Develops character: Disagree

I didn't see specific instances where they were instilling these qualities. They are more focused on parents reaching their fundraising goals thank children reaching their learning goals, if they have any.

I have learned to be responsible in both academic leadership and in growth in learning more about christ.This school is great for kids who want to do great things with there life.

This school is great. The teachers are very good in their wotk. The principle has great leadership skills. The kids respect and really like one another. They all feel as if they're one big family. My son has been in the school for 3 years and doing great.

This is my child's first year at SAS, we came on a recommendation, transferring from an LAUSD (highly rated) school. At SAS, the staff is what makes the school fantastic. My only criticism is that the blended learning system is being used as effectively as possible but I'm sure that will be rectified by the next school year. STUDENT BODY: diverse in many areas. Some of the children are incredibly gifted and some of the children would probably lag considerably at another school. Despite the spectrum, there doesn't seem to be any preferential treatment. PARENTS: most seem to be highly involved in their children's development (academically AND character), it is a small school so I sensed a little mistrust when we started but have since seen that dissipate. STAFF: this area is the treasure of SAS. I CANNOT express enough how impressed I am at the synergy between teachers and administration (including their directory of marketing), they're all accessible and seem to communicate with each other regarding the direction that they want the school to go. LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: traditional and intense with enrichment programs to supplement and broaden the children's experience.

Our son attended St. Anne School as an 8th grader. This was his first year at St. Anne and we could not have been happier with his experience and his improvements in academics. The teachers, staff and administration all take the time to get to know each child and their parents. The communication between the school and parents is seamless. Teachers always keep us up to date and informed on tests, assignments and grades, They assign challenging yet fun projects that really engage the students, My son always received the attention he needed. We highly recommend this school to everyone. It may be small but it provides everything your child needs to thrive academically!

Saint Anne School is the best gift that I can give my children. The education is very complete and challenging to my kids. They feel welcomed, cared for and they are always eager to find out what is the next activity the school has planned for them. The connection with parents, students and teachers is great and everyone participates with a sense of care for what is best for all. The kids enjoy the music program after school, the boys and girls club, the theatre productions, the sports, the art classes, game night, excercising as a group in the morning, and the new blended learning program has been awesome for them too. Both of my kids got Honor Roll and Principals Award and they are always striving to do more because they feel they can be anything they want to be in life if they are guided by God, their parents and great teachers.

The culture of Saint Anne is changing rapidly as the principal accepts students that otherwise he shouldn't. I don't blame him as he is under a lot of pressure to raise enrollment. But he is starting a trend that has already impacted the quality of education that was once excellent.

Last modified St. Anne Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8