School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Anne School has a history of providing an affordable, quality education for working families. Our focus is on providing a program of academic excellence, and enriching it with programs in the arts and recreation. A recent study from Loyola Marymount University revealed that 98% of students who attend Catholic elementary schools graduate high school and attend four-year colleges, as compared to a public school high school drop out rate of over 50% in inner city schools. At a time when many public schools are forced to eliminate programs, due to the leadership and support of our fund-raising board, we are able to augment our programs, adding enrichment in the arts, technology and education. We have cutting-edge technology, with SMART Boards (interactive white boards) in every classroom, a school-wide instrumental music program where every child receives free weekly instrumental music instruction from professional musicians and music educators, hands-on primary and middle school science programs through P.S. Science and through collaboration with UCLA School of Engineering, art history instruction, and after school theater and dance programs. At only $3400 per year for 2010-2011, we are an incredible value. We encourage families looking for a quality education to come and see all that we have to offer.
February 2, 2010

St. Anne Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
This is my child's first year at SAS, we came on a recommendation, transferring from an LAUSD (highly rated) school. At SAS, the staff is what makes the school fantastic. My only criticism is that the blended learning system is being used as effectively as possible but I'm sure that will be rectified by the next school year. STUDENT BODY: diverse in many areas. Some of the children are incredibly gifted and some of the children would probably lag considerably at another school. Despite the spectrum, there doesn't seem to be any preferential treatment. PARENTS: most seem to be highly involved in their children's development (academically AND character), it is a small school so I sensed a little mistrust when we started but have since seen that dissipate. STAFF: this area is the treasure of SAS. I CANNOT express enough how impressed I am at the synergy between teachers and administration (including their directory of marketing), they're all accessible and seem to communicate with each other regarding the direction that they want the school to go. LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: traditional and intense with enrichment programs to supplement and broaden the children's experience.

Posted April 18, 2014
Our son attended St. Anne School as an 8th grader. This was his first year at St. Anne and we could not have been happier with his experience and his improvements in academics. The teachers, staff and administration all take the time to get to know each child and their parents. The communication between the school and parents is seamless. Teachers always keep us up to date and informed on tests, assignments and grades, They assign challenging yet fun projects that really engage the students, My son always received the attention he needed. We highly recommend this school to everyone. It may be small but it provides everything your child needs to thrive academically!

Posted April 09, 2014
Saint Anne School is the best gift that I can give my children. The education is very complete and challenging to my kids. They feel welcomed, cared for and they are always eager to find out what is the next activity the school has planned for them. The connection with parents, students and teachers is great and everyone participates with a sense of care for what is best for all. The kids enjoy the music program after school, the boys and girls club, the theatre productions, the sports, the art classes, game night, excercising as a group in the morning, and the new blended learning program has been awesome for them too. Both of my kids got Honor Roll and Principals Award and they are always striving to do more because they feel they can be anything they want to be in life if they are guided by God, their parents and great teachers.

St. Anne Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
The culture of Saint Anne is changing rapidly as the principal accepts students that otherwise he shouldn't. I don't blame him as he is under a lot of pressure to raise enrollment. But he is starting a trend that has already impacted the quality of education that was once excellent.

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter transferred to St. Anne School and hasn't looked back once. She is having a FANTASTIC experience, both academically and socially. In just a matter of a month at St. Anne's, her ability to focus has become razor sharp (and noticeable to those outside school), which I attribute to how her teacher works with her in class. I also attribute the overall leadership to Michael Browning, the Principal. Mr. Browning is fair and truly cares about what is best for these children. He is incredibly busy but accessible if you must meet with him. He is the main reason why we chose St. Anne's. Everything Mr. Browning told me about St. Anne's several years ago is true. The children are taught to be polite, respectful and to model values that all of us want in our children. The introduction of the Blended Learning program proves to be a very exciting time for all children, no matter what level your child is at. How exciting that the teachers can individually tailor their lessons to meet your child's needs! With the fun Mission Marathon walking program before school to the weekly violin class, I'm grateful my daughter is at St. Anne's. I wish I could've gone to school here!!!

Posted October 21, 2013
Saint Anne is a wonderful school dedicated to the highest level of education. Santa Anne is one of the most, if not thee most culturally diverse schools in the city, which my wife and I love. The new blended learning program is amazing. The principal is amazing. This school is amazing.

Posted October 20, 2013
very nice school and and the teaching and the students learning is very good...i glad my two daughters have been hear more than 5-7years..you go vikings......

Posted October 17, 2013
My son has always been a smart kid and I had no idea how much better he could get. He has greatly improved since he joined Saint Anne School 2 years ago. He enjoys different programs like Spanish and music among others. He loves his teachers and the new blended learning system that let's him work at his own pace. Iam so glad that we found a school that cares so much for the kids, small enough that the teachers are able yo give individualized attention and teach them all the important values of life. It's the most affordable private school for its caliber. Everyday is a great day at St Anne School

Posted October 17, 2013
St. Anne School provides quality education at a very reasonable price. My daughter looks forward to going to school every day and enjoys learning. With the new Blended Learning program, she has developed a new confidence and pride in her school work and activities. In addition to the academic program, St. Anne provides after school care through the Santa Monica Boys and Girls Club which provides the opportunity to do homework and participate in different activities. I am very pleased with the education and care that St. Anne School offers. I personally feel that St. Anne offers a safe and healthy learning environment for its students. I encourage families to visit the school website and taking a tour of the school so that you can see for yourself.

Posted October 17, 2013
this is our first year at Saint Anne's and they all have been amazing. My children all felt welcomed and never did they say they missed their old school. Teacher's are great, they all have been amazing. There is so much unity within the students, there really teach them to be responsible, not including getting the best education.

St. Anne Elementary School
2015 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA  90404
Last modified St. Anne Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Anne Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top