9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I thank God for this school. Here I can relax and know that my kids are not only receiving a great education but they do so in a safe environment of love and acceptance free from drugs, bullying and so many dangers. They have sports (football, soccer, volleyball, swimming), drama, art, and so many electives. But don't take my recommendation. There is racial harmony, which I delight in. Check it out yourself: http://thelighthousechristianacademy.com I strongly recommend this school.

Lighthouse Christian Academy is a school that teaches students the most important thing and that is how to appreciate life at its fullest. It's easy for a student who got disciplined to take a dim view of the school and its talented staff who do a great job covering all the required learning. A review is a chance for revenge. But I'm never leaving the school. I'm a student and the teachers have taught me a lot. People should be more fair in their evaluations and not use it to strike back at teachers who disciplined them. The teachers have helped many, many students that were in pain mentally, physically and spiritually. Personally I have turned from a shy, selfish, bitter hater to a more confident, selfless, understanding person. The fact that you said that 98% of the students are "druggies" shows how wrong you are. You see even the good things as bad.

This school is the best thing to ever happen in my daughter's life. I didn't want a public high school and The Lighthouse was wonderful in every way supporting a moral Christian character in her. Great trips for the senior students to Africa and Scotland. You cannot find this anywhere else. My daughter is now at UCLA with a great foundation for her life.

This is an excellent place if you want to keep God in your child's life, give them an opportunity for a moral school experience and only if you want a place that truly loves your child and seeks only to help them mature into a man or woman with good character. My daughter went there from 2-12th grades, is at UCLA today studying to be a doctor. Her education at the Lighthouse took her to Africa on a medical mission and a humanitarian outreach to Scotland's youth. Where can you get this?? This is the best kept secret in Santa Monica, don't miss the opportunity of a lifetime. We are only given this time once.

I am very pleased with the personalized attention the students receive and the amount of sports and extra curricular activities they offer. There is definitely a strong emphasis on academics and the homework is not light, but I think it the students will be more than prepared for university. My daughter loves the school.

Attending the Lighthouse has been one of the greatest experiences of my life! In all sincerity, the Lighthouse has instilled in me a desire to achieve and learn beyond my high school days. If I could go back and do it all over I would.

My 4 children have attended The Lighthouse elementary school from K-8th grade. Our oldest is currently enrolled in the high school and we have been trilled with the teachers, structure and nurturing there. Not only are the academics far above what is being taught in the surrounding public schools, but the spiritual instruction has proved invaluable as our daughter grows into young adulthood in a world where morals and accountability have become a dying breed. Thank you Lighthouse!

I am an alumni of the LCA and proud of it. The impact of the teachers, both inside and outside of the classroom, changed my life. At the LCA, I learned not only to be a good student, but also to be a leader, an overcomer and a man.

I am an alumni of the school and it is definitely a high school experience that is nothing like normal high schools. The problem I have is that I feel the family environment that Lighthouse has is more detrimental than it is helpful, most students become too familiar with the staff and teachers that they are more friends with everyone than it is having a teacher figure. When I was a student, there wasn't an emphasis on academics as the emphasis was more on football, field trips, spirituality and drama. If you want your child to go straight to a 4 year university after Lighthouse, you must stay on top of things, because most graduates go to SMC. Also, there are a lot of days that students in the upper grades miss because they're on school field trips which is not ok for students to be missing 4 weeks of school.

I'm a dad of 3 graduates from the LCA - Lighthouse Christian Academy. They have received an excellent education there from teachers who really cared about them individually. It's a real family atmosphere. As a ministry of the church, they focus on the students setting high goals for themselves and help the students achieve them. They concentrate on developing the kids Christian character. Because of the great student / teacher ratio there is a high level of involvement for each student in academics, sports, plays, community outreach and travel (for the upper grades). I would recommend to anyone who wants their kids to get the best education possible to send their kids to the Lighthouse...Kindergarten through 12th grade. Preschool too!

Last modified Lighthouse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12