9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The school is amazing and the teachers are understanding and always there to help. Although the school is very small it allows you to learn in an good environment where the teachers can be one on one.

The Lighthouse Christian Academy is one of the strangest schools I've been to, but also one of the best. Here i was presented with the incredibly small student body that to be honest freaked me out. On the up side though this small gathering of students are nearly required t get to know each other very well which i find is fantastic. Its fantastic because i was able to meet a variety of different people that i would've never met if i was at a public school. I thank God everyday for bringing my daily and i too this school. Now it definitely is not perfect, but i think this school is a wonderful choice for any parents who are considering a smaller faith based school

Good school that feels like a small community. The students are friendly and so are the teachers. Only thing I wish they had more of is bathrooms

I thank God for this school. Here I can relax and know that my kids are not only receiving a great education but they do so in a safe environment of love and acceptance free from drugs, bullying and so many dangers. They have sports (football, soccer, volleyball, swimming), drama, art, and so many electives. But don't take my recommendation. There is racial harmony, which I delight in. Check it out yourself: http://thelighthousechristianacademy.com I strongly recommend this school.

Lighthouse Christian Academy is a school that teaches students the most important thing and that is how to appreciate life at its fullest. It's easy for a student who got disciplined to take a dim view of the school and its talented staff who do a great job covering all the required learning. A review is a chance for revenge. But I'm never leaving the school. I'm a student and the teachers have taught me a lot. People should be more fair in their evaluations and not use it to strike back at teachers who disciplined them. The teachers have helped many, many students that were in pain mentally, physically and spiritually. Personally I have turned from a shy, selfish, bitter hater to a more confident, selfless, understanding person. The fact that you said that 98% of the students are "druggies" shows how wrong you are. You see even the good things as bad.

This school is the best thing to ever happen in my daughter's life. I didn't want a public high school and The Lighthouse was wonderful in every way supporting a moral Christian character in her. Great trips for the senior students to Africa and Scotland. You cannot find this anywhere else. My daughter is now at UCLA with a great foundation for her life.

This is an excellent place if you want to keep God in your child's life, give them an opportunity for a moral school experience and only if you want a place that truly loves your child and seeks only to help them mature into a man or woman with good character. My daughter went there from 2-12th grades, is at UCLA today studying to be a doctor. Her education at the Lighthouse took her to Africa on a medical mission and a humanitarian outreach to Scotland's youth. Where can you get this?? This is the best kept secret in Santa Monica, don't miss the opportunity of a lifetime. We are only given this time once.

I am very pleased with the personalized attention the students receive and the amount of sports and extra curricular activities they offer. There is definitely a strong emphasis on academics and the homework is not light, but I think it the students will be more than prepared for university. My daughter loves the school.

Attending the Lighthouse has been one of the greatest experiences of my life! In all sincerity, the Lighthouse has instilled in me a desire to achieve and learn beyond my high school days. If I could go back and do it all over I would.

My 4 children have attended The Lighthouse elementary school from K-8th grade. Our oldest is currently enrolled in the high school and we have been trilled with the teachers, structure and nurturing there. Not only are the academics far above what is being taught in the surrounding public schools, but the spiritual instruction has proved invaluable as our daughter grows into young adulthood in a world where morals and accountability have become a dying breed. Thank you Lighthouse!

Last modified Lighthouse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12