Public charter
Santa Rosa, CA

Posted June 22, 2014
My son just graduated from MWCS and we are so glad we chose this school for him. From day one it was an open and inviting atmosphere, where we were able to meet his teachers as well as discuss some of his needs with the principal who is amazing and so supportive. My son felt challenged by math he was able to overcome his algebra difficulties with the support from the wonderful teachers. He also was able to play basketball this year and learned so much from his teammates and coaches. This is a school for those who want their children to learn both academic and life lessons guided by caring people in a small atmosphere. Thank you for everything MWCS.

Posted November 09, 2012
I am currently a parent of an 8th grader. My son also completed the 7th grade at MWCS. The 7th grade was challenging as it would be at any middle school with students transitioning from elementary school. It is a project-based school. The teachers sent CONSTANT reminders to parents and students helping the students reach appropriate goals in time increments to help students with time management for each and every project. The staff has been incredible. The principle is on campus and "present" constantly and supportive of each student's uniqueness. My son is a well-rounded boy with broad interestes. This school has allowed him to flourish anf grow and become more independent. The staff know each and every student personally. The homework has not been excessive. If there was a night where something "came up" and my son could not finish homework, a simple note to the teacher "bought " him another day as it was deemed appropriate. I will be sending my daughter here as well.

Posted January 27, 2011
We are very happy with the Mark West Charter School. My son struggled for years in elementary school and he is doing great at MWC. The communication between the school staff and our family is excellent. I can review all of his assignments and grades on-line. If there are any problems or when he excels in his studies, I am notified by email from his teachers. I know my son is safe and supported at this school

Posted January 09, 2011
An excellent Middle School education in a small, safe environment is what attracted me to Mark West Charter School. My youngest daugher is currently attending the school and is excelling. I anticipate she will also excel in high school once she gets there because both of her older siblings have been well prepared for high school honors classes after attending Mark West Charter. I love the ability to see how she is doing on her assignments using TeacherEase and how the teachers send emails letting you know when your student did outstanding work on a project or test, or when an assignment is missing. The work is challening, the projects interesting, and the expectations are high. The teachers care deeply about the students and seems to do everything they can to help every student succeed. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 04, 2011
I am very pleased with Mark West Charter School. Both my daughter and son have attended this school. I love that I can check their grades on Teacher Ease and if they miss an assignment I will be notified by email. I also like the size of the class rooms it makes it easier on the teacher to give students more of their time. I will definitely miss both the teachers and the office staff when my son graduates this coming year (2011).

Posted January 03, 2011
I am very pleased with the education that my daughter is receiving at Mark West Charter school. The teachers are very helpful they email me my child's assignments and are quick to respond with feedback. The classrooms are small which allows my child to receive personal attention, and help in any subjects that she needs assistance with. I am so glad to have found this school for my daughter.

Posted January 03, 2011
We appreciate how the school makes every effort to keep us informed of our son's progress and struggles as he adapts to his middle school years. The school and teachers are willing to take the time to ensure that each child is as successful as possible. The on-line reporting system is very helpful.

Posted January 02, 2011
Mark West Charter School is a exceptional school, that has a great academic program. The quality of teachers are exceptional and are always on call to help your student succeed, they concentrate on bringing each child's potential out. It is a great opportunity, I highly recommend this school for any family looking for a smaller class size and strong academic program.

Posted December 30, 2010
Mark West Charter School Is Has been great for my children. It is small enough that everyone knows each-other which is just the tip of the iceberg of hot they implement the genuine commitment to preparing young teens for High School. I am glad Mark West Charter School was established In time for my two Children; one of whom is now 1/2 through his second year and the other who is excited about attending next year! -Peter Fanucchi

Posted December 29, 2010
My 8th grade student has excelled at this school! He is permitted to be himself and is not teased or ridiculed in any way. Both the 7th and 8th grade teachers care about the students and their success and work hard to be sure that every student feels respected and responsible. Homework at times is strenuous and time consuming, but as a student my son has learned how to manage his time and the homework load hasn't been too much for him. The principal is on campus most of the time and makes it a point to know each student by name and to treat them as young adults. There is a zero tolerance for bullying, harrassment, etc and the students know it. This school strives to provide accelerated academics yet works with every student to bring out their potential. My youngest son will attend as a 7th grader next year! Highly recommended!

Mark West Charter School
5350 Faught Road, Santa Rosa, CA  95403
Last modified Mark West Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark West Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top