Posted October 06, 2013
This school it's great. They have well organized system. Their staff is very committed with their students education, not only academically but also with their social development. Their curriculum include art and dance. They offer a variety of after school programs.

Yulupa Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2013
Very unhappy with school. It runs like a prison, mostly to the benefit of the adults and not the children - very organized and filled with rules, which if broken result in punishments. It's a beautiful school where children are not allowed free play. For the last 1 1/2 years they were redoing the field (don't ask me why) children were not allowed to run free at all. Can you imagine your 5-9 year old walking everywhere 6.5 hours a day? Then in April when track was done, they can only run in one direction! A huge field is available but only for "organized ball sports." No tag of any kind. Small sloped triangular area with a tree is for running/follow the leader - not realistic. This is typical of attitude running through school. 3rd graders are encouraged to report other kids running and "breaking" rules. As opposed to catching kids being good/kind (like what happens at Strawberry), a "Lord of the Flies" environment is created. Are students safe? Physically, yes, but emotionally, students can't bloom and explore, a necessity of childhood. Academically - basic lock step teaching to the test. Little creative/critical thinking activities. Reputation based on scores, "look."

Posted May 29, 2013
I love Yulupa School, My daughter is about to finish first grade and will definitely return next year. The staff is great and excellent teachers.

Posted June 01, 2011
i love this school, anne in the office is amazing. so far the teachers my daughter has had are amazing. my son will be entering kindergarden this following year and we are very excited to be apart of this school for another 4 years.

Posted March 11, 2011
My daughter got accepted to go to this school and I can't me more excited for her to get into this school and district. Dealing with the bureaucracy of Santa Rosa City district was a complete nightmare and I have a complete opposite feeling about this school within Bennet Valley district. After taking the tour, I was overwhelming impressed and I toured almost every school in Santa Rosa. A true blessing!

Posted April 22, 2010
because my daughters teacher pays close attention to her students and was able to notice my daughter had a difficult time concentrating and is helping us by fixing the problem early.

Posted March 22, 2010
Yulupa is a first rate school. The teachers are wonderful, the academics are top notch, and the best part is the community and parent involvement. Despite education cutbacks, there is no lack in support for art and music education.

Posted May 20, 2008

Posted May 10, 2008
Yulupa rocks!! Great community to bring your child up in! Teachers and staff are excellent!

Posted June 13, 2007
I was worried about placing my son in school because I didn't know how his experience would be, but the teacher really took care of him and I saw his academic, and social development increase at a high speed. He never complained about his teacher. The school as a whole is really friendly, professional and overall well run. Parents are really involved, and the staff made sure my son had what he needed to do good. I recommend this school very much. There is tons of extra curricular activities and they offer a good mix of academics (art, math, reading, writing)

Yulupa Elementary School
2250 Mesquite Drive, Santa Rosa, CA  95405
Last modified Yulupa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yulupa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top