Bad
Good

Posted May 23, 2016
Great safe environment for children to learn and have open space to enjoy physical exercise too. My son started in 1st grade after a not so supportive kindergarten experience and I've watched him thrive and grow with all 3 years thus far at Riebli with great teachers!

Posted February 19, 2015
I only give it 4 stars because I feel there are some things that can be improved upon. For example, a full time P.E teacher. I understand most schools have no P.E teacher so Im not faulting the school, Im faulting the district in general. Sports and physical activity studies have proven to improve self esteem, physical health and overall test scores and grades. A healthy brain starts with a healthy body. My son is in his 3rd year at Riebli and I can honestly say he has had 3 great teachers. All with different styles but all the right fit for what my son needed at the time. My son attended a poor pre-school due to my financial situation and when he started kindergarten he was way behind. Mrs. Traeger was his teacher and although she is firm she also challenged him to do his best. The next year he got a great teacher Ms. Adams. A UC Berkeley grad, she is the perfect mix of brain and brawn. This year my son has now jumped ahead because the teachers he had truly cared. In response to Ms. Dirty Classrooms, If the class is dirty maybe volunteer to clean, volunteer your time. Im sure not every teacher at this school is great, I just havent experienced that yet.

Posted September 04, 2014
Filthy classrooms w/ unhealthy practices, burned out teachers! We were excited for our son to start kindergarten at Riebli. A week in we were so disgusted w/ what we saw we had transfer him to another school. NOT ONCE were the children instructed/allowed to wash their hands before eating or after using the restroom, though a sink is in the room). The chairs/desks were filthy, sticky, and germy...even after an entire summer's opportunity to clean everything. The rug (where children sit many times per day) was gross. The teachers, though sweet in many ways, seem burned out and a little too excited to drop off the kids for snack and lunch (drop and run, regardless of whether a child needs something). When children ask questions--often ignored. Kids asked to retrieve their water bottles from the outside backpack shelf due to thirst, and they were simply ignored. They may have the water bottles on the outside shelf, but are not given access to them. Many parents do not want their kids sharing the germy, disease-spreading community faucet in the class....yuck. Do yourself a favor and look for yourself...volunteer in the class, look around, ask your kids. Our kids deserve better!

Posted June 16, 2014
The principal was not "sent down". Ms. Hansell has been an innovative and action-oriented principal. The school is in a stronger place today because of her vision and work with the staff. The garden program is amazing-- an outdoor classroom that brings together science, art and writing in an interactive way. The P.E./health and fitness program is evolving, and the students had both Zumba and a P.E. teacher last year. The sense of community is growing stronger and stronger each year. We have very active parent involvement/support in the classrooms, in school events and the PTA. Riebli is a great ft for our family. Figure out what makes a school a good fit for your child- and look far beyond this website...

Posted April 23, 2014
It is only slander, if untrue. She IS being sent down, as a direct result of parents, filing complaints.

Posted April 23, 2014
I just found this site looking for a school in Windsor. My daughter was there for one semester, we were so disappointed. I don't care what the test scores say. She was bored, and the class was so far behind the Rincon Valley School, she had attended. That is the true litmus test. Compare apples to apples. We did. Great teachers in Rincon Valley, way behind at Riebli. My husband and myself moved her to a great school in Kenwood. Within days, she was back on track. Please do your research. One year in a poor school, is so hard to get back. I respect those who stick up for their friend/teacher there, but I really do not think they value education. NOT Zumba and vegetables! All other good schools have that AND a MUSIC teacher, a PE teacher, a SCIENCE teacher, and an ART teacher. If you are happy, with the hope your child wants to teach Zumba...good luck to you. They only have a class, because the do not have a PE teacher. Not an accolade, a criticism. Please visit Sequoia and then make a qualified decision about where your child will be best educated.

Posted April 11, 2014
Slandering a reputation without merit is reprehensible. Here is what I (and anyone paying attention) know to be true about our principal: She is dedicated, hard-working and challenged in unimaginable directions, every day. She works late into most evenings, attends every PTA meeting, board meeting, district meeting, school event, and even cheers kids on at basketball game. She often does so at the expense of her own family time. Anyone who doesn t notice these truths is ignorant to the fact that she's a single mother with a life of her own, yet she has tirelessly fought for the betterment of our school during her tenure. We have lost a few solid principals due to ineffective superintendent(s) that won t support their decisions, rendering them ineffective not by choice. Our principal, whom you rate poor, has continually extended her education (at her own financial expense) to be a leader who cares profoundly for the well-being of children, education, and the community at large. If this is an example of a poor principal, then I challenge you to find a better one. Great schools start with parents teaching by example, educating themselves on the facts. -Denise Olliffe

Posted September 26, 2013
Riebli is a amazing school! They have many extra curricular programs for the children. Like P.E., Garden time, and Zumba. They challenge the children to be there best and do there best academically, while making it fun to learn at a pace that's best for them. My son absolutely loves going to school everyday!

Posted August 18, 2013
My son has been going to Riebli for three years now. My daughter just started there this week. We are very happy with the school and feel that it is a true community.

Posted April 24, 2013
Riebli is a growing and getting stronger. The principal works so hard to make positive changes and move the school forward academically and as a community. Teachers definitely care about their students and work hard. The addition of the P.E. and garden programs have been fantastic and have brought a more dynamic way of learning to the school. I hope that now that Riebli has become a Charter school that they will be even more creative with their teaching approach as a whole school community- not just individual teachers. I have two children in the lower grades and am very happy with their teachers and overall education. Many parents are involved and the school welcomes volunteers readily. Of course there is always room for improvement and I think that the principal now is guiding the school in the right direction. The school has made huge positive strides this year!

John B. Riebli Elementary School
315 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa, CA  95404-1101
Last modified John B. Riebli Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.