Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Probably the same 1st grade teacher others have complained about (high voice), we had similar issues when our son was in her class. Instruction was not great and we had to compensate at home. A class projector does not compensate for lack of reading instruction. I feel like we wasted the year, when we should have pulled our son out after the first few weeks (when we could see ineffective instruction). Little or no moving around the class to help students. Never went out of her way to address student needs. Seemed burned out at the beginning of the year...not a good sign. Now our son is in 4th grade, and thanks to good 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade teachers, he is above grade level now.

Have waited through a miserable semester with our daughter stuck in a terrible first gr. class. Teacher will not expend energy to move around the class providing help...not an option. She stays at her projector and ignores kids' needs for help. Also, though parents donate all of the class's supplies (which are plentiful) teacher hoards them in cupboards and rations very frugally...cruel to kids who are scraping the last of the glue stick or missing supplies. No washing hands allowed ever (only nasty hand sanitizer which does not work at cleaning hands), though there's a sink in the classroom) again, hoarding for herself. Very sad that these children are at her mercy, for their needs are not met. It's all covered up w/ a high pitched voice which suggests kindness. Look at the actions. Talk to your kids. Actions speak louder than words...we tell our kids that but should expect same from teachers and everyone. We are getting our daughter out at the upcoming winter break, a moment we have been awaiting since August.

One of the first grade teachers is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Her sweet, high-pitched voice masks her negative actions toward students. She ignores student needs such as bathroom requests, raised hands for help, and any individual needs which may interfere w/ her "teaching to the standardized tests." She clings to her prized projector instead of walking around helping students. Gloats that students will develop a power point presentation this year (big deal) when most parents would prefer their first grader READ! She also keeps her classroom FREEZING despite shivering students.

All if my sons have gone to San Miguel I must admit it was a great school, we just moved to Texas from California and the Texas schools make me wish we were back in California at San Miguel, they are a good school, we missed Mr. Calloway, he was an awesome principle!!

I am proud to say that my child attends San Miguel school. The teachers are amazing and truely are a community. However, I am very disappointed by the new principle and extremely frustrated with the yard duty staff and their lack of positive reinforcement with the children. For a few years now I have seen them use "time outs" for unnecessary amounts of time. When I ask my child how their day was at school, I do not want to hear about how mean the yard supervisors were.

Currently the best choice out of the 3 elementary schools in this district. It's less snobby than John B. Riebli and has fewer English learners than Mark West. (And let's face it, that makes a huge difference.) The new principal this year was fantastic but rumor has it he might be gone next year. Also several teachers retiring, so who knows how that might change teaching quality? Solid sports programs, but proximity to the middle school can be a concern if your kids are in 5th or 6th.

San Miguel School provides a caring community atomosphere which benefits the students, staff and the community at large.

The teachers i have had the pleasure to meet with all seem to truely enjoy their job and are born to do this. This reflects and travels to my child allowing her to enjoy school and learning new things

My experience with San Miguel elementary school has been outstanding. My second grade daughter is getting an excellent education. The principal Ron Calloway is an asset to the school. Looking forward to my son starting Kindergarten in the fall.

Last modified San Miguel Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.