Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
The school was pretty great, and I understand some of the students were protesting the dress code which is actually not that bad. They also give less homework then other schools and if you pay attention in class you can get it done in less then an hour. My child did not experience bullying as a student at WMS as she was a Safe School Ambassador. The bullying issue has decreased somewhat and the teachers are against bullying. I thought the principal was okay yet he wasn't at the school a lot. I liked how most teachers were Common Core based before there was Common Core. Overall it was a great school.

Posted February 12, 2014
This school gives too much homework and overreacts to everything! The principle is also creepy and annoying and so are the staff DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL!

Posted April 27, 2013
The teachers are BULLIES. My daughter is constantly put down and bullied by her math and science teacher. When my daughter goes to her teacher during tutorial and asks for one on one help the teacher tells her it's her fault and she should have paid more attention in class. Also when my daughter receives a bad grade on a test the teacher will sarcastically tell her "steller job". The teacher needs to realize SHE is the problem, not my daughter who is actually trying. When the principal was contacted he blamed my daughter not the teacher and her bad teaching skills. Thank god she is graduating soon.

Posted April 03, 2013
Dealing with the district's administrative staff is a nightmare. The administrative secretary has been pugnacious, unprofessional and rude and has blocked our attempts to complain to the superintendent about her behavior. Between this and friends' families leaving for bullying and supervision issues, we're going with another school.

Posted October 31, 2012
Unfortunately, the administration does not handle any feedback from parents whether it be bullying, bad teachers or poor curriculum choices. Multiple children involved in bullying and "packs" here, but school counselors only tell the bullied they need to stay away from bullies. Principal seems very nice and caringd. PE classes are too full, many injuries occur, quite a few very serious.

Posted September 20, 2012
The bullying at this school is out of control. After even having to get law enforcement involved, had to remove my child from the school while the bullies remained.

Posted August 30, 2012
My daughter attended Oak Grove K through 5. In 4th grade she was placed in a 3/4 mixed class. I had several meetings with the principle to attempt to get her moved because she is a child that needs guidance. My wishes were repeatedly ignored and, in my opinion, she was thrown under the bus. Her star scores dropped dramatically and she was totally unprepared for 5th grade. She all but flunked 5th grade even though I hired a tutor to try and get her caught up. Her report cards up to 5th grade were excellent. We changed districts as a result.

Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2011
My daughter has had a tough time this year dealing with 6th grade girl issues. Although I'm not sure if it is bullying or not, I don't think the principal and teachers are taking it seriously enough. In fact he principal has not even responded to my email. The curriculum, ont the other hand, has been outstanding.

Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
This school does not deal with bullies. My math class was so out of control my teacher could not teach. Look at how far math has dropped. The school does not care how much bullying goes on. Parents are having their kids dropped in math classes in other schools. Willowside needs a new program for bullies.

Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Caring teachers, small school setting, innovative programs, great support for struggling kids.

Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School
5285 Hall Road, Santa Rosa, CA  95401
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary/Willowside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top