Public charter
Santa Rosa, CA

Posted December 06, 2014
Binkley is not just a school. It's a community. The teachers, principal, staff, students and families all work together to help one another learn, teach and grow as people. With a diverse population, our students learn to accept people for who they are and grow from their shared experiences.

Posted October 01, 2014
Everything about Binkley is special, from the caring and supportive teachers, to the community among the students. The staff has always been willing to work with me on anything I needed and they are always easy to get in touch with. They do everything they can to help students succeed and to grow.

Posted August 27, 2013
Fantastic school! Young, energetic and engaged teachers. Wonderful neighborhood location. Principal Herfurth is adored by the students, and the facilities are newer and very we'll maintained. A great educational experience for my 2 kids.

Binkley Elementary Charter School 4

Posted April 10, 2012
My daughters attend Binkley Elementary Charter School, and we are all very happy with the quality of their education. The teachers and staff are amazing. One of our daughters has really been struggling with math. Through the school's tutoring program, she has improved by leaps and bounds. Our other daughter is accelerated, and through the GATE program and her teachers, her needs to feel challenged are met without her feeling overwhelmed. All of their teachers through the years have kept an open communication with us. The principal is great, and very accessible. We are very proud be Binkley Bobcats!

Binkley Elementary Charter School 2

Posted March 14, 2012
i wasn't impressed with the school. my daughter spent the first 6 months of kinder there, and then we pulled her out. the first issue is that she constantly complained of being bored. she was already reading when she entered kinder and the kids were just starting letter recognition. i spoke on multiple occassions with her teacher but their solution was more worksheets and/or work to do at home. nothing to engage her in class. they finally agreed to test her which confirmed her advanced reading level and decided to put her in 1st grade for an hour a day. the problem was she rarely went there. the final straw for us was another child in her class who was known to have behavioral issues and who other parents had complained about had started being aggressive with my daughter. hitting, biting, pushing, calling her stupid. the teacher was aware but continued to have them sit near each other. it got to the point were at least once a week he was physically hurting her. when i approached the teacher, i just got a nod . but no plan of action. the principle was better, but i wasn't interested in running the him constantly. so we moved schools.

Posted June 23, 2011
My son loves going to this school. He belongs to the bobcat community and knows it. The staff work together to ensure all students get the attention and education they deserve. The parent envolement always amazes me. The people here;staff and parents are committed to the sucess of these kids! Lucky kids!

Posted May 29, 2011
Two of my three children attend Binkley and the youngest is very excited to join them next year. The teachers are amazing! They teach to each child's level by having seperate reading groups for the higher, mid and lower kids. They find new ways to challenge each child while still supporting them. The principal is wonderful! He is very attentive to each class's needs and some how still keeps track of each student! My middle daughter's first day, I was nervous how she would do with the seperation. When I arrived for pick up, I happened to pass by him, and he stopped me to tell me that he had checked in on her a few times throughout the day and she did just fine! He had only met me once prior to this encounter! He, along withh the rest of the staff make Binkley feel like a very close-knit communitee.

Posted October 03, 2009
Both of my children went to this wonderful school. It's rated among the best in Sonoma County!

Posted August 16, 2009

Binkley Elementary Charter School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
The best teachers around. Caring, informative and loving

Binkley Elementary Charter School
4965 Canyon Drive, Santa Rosa, CA  95409
Last modified Binkley Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Binkley Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top