Bad
Good

I love this school my daughter has been going to spring creek since she was in kindergarten. Her teacher has been helping her one on one with reading she just loves her school. Shes always coming home and telling me what she learned in school.

When my husband and I moved here, three years ago, we found out about Spring Creek from our new landlord. Our son attended Spring Creek for Kindergarten and First Grade, and after trying a private school for the past two months, we will be returning to Spring Creek. I am a former public school teacher, and have taught in many different kinds of school settings. Spring Creek is not perfect...NO SCHOOL IS. But, here is what we love about it... 1. Small class sizes 2. Amazing teachers who work very hard 3. The garden program 4. Fine Arts (I can't believe the artwork they do!) 5. Computer Lab, Science Lab, and Library time 6. Diverse families and many opportunities to volunteer and get involved I could go on and on. I am extremely grateful for the office staff (Amy is wonderful), the teachers, and the principal, who have all been wonderful to my family. Thank you, Spring Creek Matanzas. We are excited to be back!

My child was a student at Spring Creek for two years before I transferred to a different school. Although his teacher was great, there is so much about this school that is lacking. The school is in performance improvement and the academic expectations are low. I didn t realize just how low until my child switched schools. We had to scramble to catch up. There are a lot of social issues and the faculty doesn t really address them. A fair amount of bulling and exclusive behavior that is just put off to kids being kids. The principal is flakey and doesn t get back to parents. The after/aftercare program is a NIGHTMARE. I could write a book on my horrible experiences and the inappropriateness of the staff who are under paid, under motivated, and completely unengaged. My child used to cry in the morning at the thought of going to school. I know Spring Creek used to be a good school and with a strong leader who will raise the academic standards and set expectations it can be good again. Unfortunately, I couldn t wait around for it to happen.

Matanzas is the best school any of my children have ever attended. It has the perfect blend of academics and arts and sports. The culture of the school is accepting, caring, and fun. That's right: my youngest looks forward to going to school every day.

Mrs. Hamilton is my sons IEP teacher and she is outstanding. I love this school and their teachers. Mary Jo the School Admin is not only polite she cares about all the students. This School and my experience have been outstanding for all the childrens needs. Children not only learn general education but also learn how to grow plants, cultivating, nurturing and consuming. Excellent School in my Book. Great Principal and Teachers, also School Administrative Asst.

So far I think that spring creek is a wonderful school. My child is in k and has a wonderful teacher. Mrs Davis is a great principal who gets to know the children, she is involved in the school and children. She is always walking around and is very approachable to parents and students. She has taken the time to help my child so much this year, and I am very happy with her as well as the school.

I think Matanzas elementary school is the best school I have ever been to. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Everyone is friends with everyone! I love this school.

Last modified Spring Creek Matanzas Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.