Santa Rosa, CA

Posted January 10, 2015
We have been a long time family at Sequoia and can't say enough positive things about our experiences there. This school is the gem of Sonoma County! The teachers and staff care so much, they go over and beyond for my kids. The culture and feel of this school brings people to it. My friends tried to get in and were on a waiting list, this school is the best. From the classroom teacher, to Mrs. Mohr the tech teacher, and Mrs. Schwartz in Science, the school just gets it! The principal and office manager are responsive and help set the tone for our school. The parents help raise lots of money from a big walkathon event that kick starts the year. We are lucky to have found this school and glad we got into such a great place for my daughter to learn and grow! Thank you staff at Sequoia for all you do!

Posted August 08, 2013
Sequoia is the best elementary school you will find! We have been at Sequoia for many years and are always amazed at how much this school has to offer and yet always striving to improve. The principal, Mr. Reno, is the best I've ever seen and the teachers and staff follow in his great leadership providing an outstanding environment. Any issues we have had over the years, we have been able to resolve with the specific teacher or Mr. Reno directly, and always to our satisfaction. I wish all schools could be as great as Sequoia, so all students could have the same benefits as Sequoia students! Also, I read previous reviews about parents being "clicky" or that the parent club directly, not letting outside people "in" and while I've seen this behavior by a few people it doesn't stop me from participating in volunteering. I volunteer to support my children and the school as a whole.

Posted November 06, 2012
We just moved to Santa Rosa this summer so this is my kids first year at Sequoia. So far everything about this school has been excellent! Mary Ann in the office was so nice and helpful and the principal Mr. Reno is great with the kids. My kids love it and I couldn't be happier!

Posted October 11, 2010
I love Sequoia as my daughters went to this school and did so well there. There are many good memories.

Posted May 11, 2010
Great school, good teachers, lots of parental involvement =)

Posted June 20, 2009
Sequoia is an excellent school. I can't say enough about it starting with the principal, and on to the teachers, day care workers, parent group, office manager, and everyone else. Thank you for all that you do!

Posted March 26, 2009
Sequoia Elementary is an awesome school! The staff is amazing, Mr. Reno (Principal) has been an advocate for all the students students since he arrived. The teachers are very caring and have really made an impact on my kids. The parent club is full of people who want to make a positive difference in the school. Science and Technology are big at this school, my kids can't stay out of the Science Lab!

Posted February 07, 2009
Have been at this school for seven years now. I love it, and the involvement of the teachers, principal and staff. Everyone always tries their hardest to make sure that every child has a positive experience. The Parents Club is top notch, and welcome to everyone with lots of opportunity for involvement and volunteering. Not snobbish or clique at all. Great people and great volunteers.

Posted February 06, 2009
I think the parents club is very motivated and work diligently to ensure our teachers have everything they need and more to motivate and stimulate our students. They are a volunteer based non-profit organization and teh door is always open for any and all parent help, advice, and suggestions.

Posted August 14, 2008
I love this school! Te parent involvement is outstanding and the teachers are all happy, motivated, and dedicated educators!

5305 Dupont Drive, Santa Rosa, CA  95409
Last modified Sequoia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top