Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are educational, fun, friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming. The teachers have been wonderful. The hands-on experience and field trips are wonderful also.

Amount of homework: Agree

This is one of the things that a REALLY appreciate about this school. Others schools give out TOO much homework but this school is just right. We have a life and homework becomes homework help for me!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They treat everyone the same and try to engage all the students. They have been welcoming to my family.

This is an amazing school even though this year at the fairgrounds has been challenging. They have been very positive. I pulled my kids (1st grade and 5th grade out of Bellevue Elementary where they yell at the kids and are extremely lacking) to go to this school. I love the teachers and staff! They are friendly and take care of my concerns and are always welcoming to me. They do not give out too much homework. I love that they go on many field trips and have a "hands on" approach to learning. I have met so many other wonderful parents who care about their children's education and how they treat other kids (unlike Bellevue elementary). It reflects in the way the children act. This school has over come many challenges this year and I love the family feeling and positive discipline techniques. My only wish for this school is to serve "hot lunch" and for them to have a bus system in place. But those are sacrifices that have been worth it because this school is fantastic!

The positive dicipline has been truly amazing for our family. We are so pleased with our experience with this school and the community. Wouldn't want to be any where else. Thank you to all the amazing teachers who really out in their all.

Needing a permanent location has been difficult, but there's nothing like the people you share your child's school with, to reinforce why we chose Santa Rosa Charter!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the majority of the teachers have been at the school for many years, and are well versed in the curriculum and the positive discipline philosophy

Amount of homework: Agree

my kids are not innundated with homework. reading is encouraged and more open ended inquiry projects and math practice are the kinds of things that are sent home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

this school uses positive discipline and a democratic approach to classroom management. children are part of discussion problems and finding solutions. Punitive approaches at other schools are not found here, but this school helps kids make amends and heal what is broken, help where friends are hurting and speak out when things don't seem fair.

What I want for my own children is a place where the teachers know my kid, and know our family and care about not just academics but healthy social, emotional and physical growth. Where there is flexibility in the curriculum to allow kids to learn at their pace and truly inquire and develop both creative and critical thinking skills. The preschool taught me so much about how to be a good parent, and the same lessons help carry me through the elementary and middle school programs. Everyone participates in the parenting classes, so you get to know other families and have deep meaningful dialogue about what it means to be a parent and support your children in the best way. I have had three kids start in the preschool and move all the way up through middle school there, and they are bright, caring and capable kids thanks to this program. Since this is an INDEPENDENT charter (the oldest one in Santa Rosa--it started 20 years ago) the school has more autonomy over the program, the curriculum. I love this school.

Last modified Santa Rosa Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.