Santa Rosa, CA
Students enrolled: 1,050

Posted October 31, 2014
In the journey of life, I have been given many opportunities. Myself an immigrant-refugee, I came to America with similar sentiments shared by many of the people across all cultures I have met at Elsie Allen. I sought opportunities far beyond the traditional classroom sequence offered by many similar schools. Of what I saw, Elsie Allen opened many doors. I am forever grateful for what I received. At Elsie Allen I was able to not only have access to all the AP exams I could have ever signed up for, I was also given the opportunity to participate in the award-winning University Center program on top of participating in many of the extracurricular activities outside the classroom that rounded out my education such as wrestling and drum-line. Additionally, the passionate individuals that composed of our community service club helped in putting forth many projects both locally and internationally. Elsie Allen gave me all I wanted out of my education and for that I will always remember this gem in Southwest Santa Rosa. Once a Lobo, Always a Lobo. -Ben N. Elsie Allen High School Class of 2010 Dartmouth College Class of 2014

Posted May 17, 2014
I think Elsie Allen High is an outstanding school . It has an amazing performing arts program and great staff. There is much ethnic diversity but everyone gets along. No. There is not fights everyday at Elsie Allen. No girls are not birthing babies in the bathrooms . I don't know how those rumors even started. The students at Elsie Allen have pure hearts, loving souls and they care and Inspire each other EVERDAY. Elsie Allen High School is a family that supports and Inspires learning and success. Theses Lobo Pride students will always welcome a new person on campus with a smile. And I know all of this because I Am 10th grade Top student at Elsie Allen I have witnessed this before my eyes everyday. I know these students,I'm with them. We are with each other. Lobo Pride Thank you for reading this review.

Posted March 11, 2013
Elsie Allen is a great school. There are so many teachers that care and work hard to engage us. The Honors classes are challenging! Sometimes there are students who don't try and that can be annoying, but overall, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

Elsie Allen High School 4

Posted February 05, 2012
Elsie Allen is a great school!! it's true we have a bad reputation which might have been from passed year beacause it has nothing to do with us now! If you come and take a look you'll se the beauty of Elsie!!

Posted December 30, 2011
I am a Senior at Elsie Allen High school and before attending Elsie Allen I attended Montgomery High School for a year and a half. Due to my experienced I can say that the honors courses at Elsie Allen High are harder then those at Montogomery High School. Plus, Elsie has the UC Center which allows hard working students to take SSU courses during their academic school year. I'd have to say that with Elsie Allen's hard working staff this school is doing a fine job on educating their students. Elsie Allen only gets a bad reputation due to it's surrounding area. Look at all the work Elsie Allen's Lobo Unity has done in the community before saying Elsie Allen is such a bad school. We have teachers that care about us as people; not just id numbers on a roll sheet. Also, you have to realize that the student's personal behavior and responsibility is how they see the school to be. If you want to worry about people you don't like and getting high then yeah you aren't going to have the best time at an educational instituition.

Elsie Allen High School 2

Posted August 05, 2011
Not a very fun school to be at; budget cuts make it far worse. Horrible in academics. Students don't try enough to pass, its very disappointing.

Elsie Allen High School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
I have been very happy with my children attending Elsie Allen. I have three who have already graduated. One just finished law school on the east coast, one graduated from Univ. of FL, and one is at USF in Tampa on a partial academic scholarship. It would be helpful if the rest of the SW community would support their neighborhood schools!

Posted June 05, 2011
I am a student from Elsie Allen & I have to say it is probably the best school I've attended. The teachers are amazing and not only do they teach us what is needed to be successful, they do it in an engaging which makes it a lot more interesting to learn. Also in response to the many negative perceptions of this school, I must say being the "quiet" one & observing others behavior, the problem doesn't seem to be the way the school is run, but by the unwillingness of the students to pay attention & engage in activities or respect teachers/administrators as authority figures creating conflict & distraction which effects the class as a whole causing a possible setback in lesson plans.

Elsie Allen High School 1

Posted January 11, 2011
This school Was horrible when it opened, and I would only imagine with the budget cuts it's gotten far worse. Do not send you children to Elsie Allen if you care about their education. I taught myself more at home than I ever learned while attending.

Elsie Allen High School 2

Posted January 12, 2010
I am sad to say i was a student of such a poorly run school. My experiance at Elsie will not be soon forgotten. Administrators Just didnt care! I was a trobbled teen and insted of trying to help they chose to push me further down. I am very suprised with the high marks they have recived on this site!

Elsie Allen High School
599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA  95407
Last modified Elsie Allen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elsie Allen High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top