Bad
Good

I am a student at rincon valley and I personally really like it. I love all of my teachers and I have learned a lot this year. I also have made a lot of new friends. But I do think that the office ladies are very rude. One day I had an orthodontist appointment and my mother forgot to go to the office that morning to write a pass for me to get out of class so I went to the office at the time that my mother was going to pick me up and I hoped that they would be understanding but they were very strict and rude to me. I never would have expected for such an amazing school to have rude office ladies. They are also very rude to parents too. I over all love rincon and I am very grateful to be attending this school.

I have been very disappointed with the teachers and overall climate of this school. There are a few good teachers, who I feel genuinely care about kids personally and academically, but for the most part, my experiences lead me to believe that teachers at Rincon Valley Middle only care about making their jobs easier. Few teachers are available to give kids extra help outside of school hours. Several of my kids' teachers have told their classes that kids need to get used to F's. Why tell kids this? When kids have asked how to raise their grades, most teachers say, "Do all the work," but won't accept late work or let kids retake tests. When half of a grade is based on test scores, it sets kids up for failure when you don't give them ways to retake a test or show they've learned the material later. I understand that this creates more work for the teacher, but this is what a dedicated teacher does. A number of teachers continue to send home homework assignments that are based on nothing kids have done in class, so my kids have had to do all the learning on their own. I won't send my younger student to Rincon.

Very disappointed in the impersonal nature of this school. Some teachers are good, but some are very strange. The school felt large and very institutional with "control" more important than learning.

Let me start by saying this was my jounior high when i was growing up and now 24yrs later I have chose it for my son to attend. I was very nerous when it came time to pick a middle school. I did my research and went to open house at a few different schools. There is such a strong parent/family involvment here and the Principle Mr. Marshall is so involved in the school and students. I look forward to his weekly emails letting everyone know what went on that week and any activites are going on. They make is very easy for the parents/students to connect, my son is able to go online and check his classroom status whenever he wants. I could go on and on about this school but I will finsh by saying my son has never been more excited to go to school than he has this year in middle school. I highly recommend any parent looking for a middle school in Santa Rosa to check out Rincon Valley Middle, they won't be disappointed. Yours truly, Brandi L.

Teachers are great,students are great, but the ladies who work in the office are honestly the rudest people I have come across. I honestly would not recommend going to tbs school just because of them it can really ruin your overall experience. They need to learn how to respect people and not focus to hard on the overal mold of the school.

My daughter has adjusted really well to middle school and I credit that to the teachers, volunteers, and staff. Teachers have been helpful and I found the office staff to be friendly and inviting.

My student struggled A LOT in middle school, academically and socially. RVMS teachers/counselors/principal were ALWAYS there to help. The teachers were always willing to answer my questions, and give me details of projects so I could help at home. There are a multitude of programs for those students that are struggling. The principal emails all the parents a "Homework Hotline" every night, and "Principal Messages" at least weekly. The homework hotline shows each teacher's assignments for the week. Originally it was posted on their website, but due to technical difficulties, the website went down, and he took the time to email it out. His principal messages contained updates on happenings in the school, so parents always knew what was going on. Most of the additional programs are funded and supported by the parent group. With all the budget cuts, this school still excels, because the parents are involved and willing to help. I would recommend RVMS over any other middle school in Santa Rosa!

Great school. Great teachers. Great everything. This school provide lots of great help for students and has became a top school.

My niece has had a wonderful experience at this school. She loves it. I like the fact that she has homework everyday;which keeps her mind going. She also gets homework over the weekend sometimes.

I am a student at RVMS! I love the envioronment that both the student body and teachers provide! In my opinion most everybody is respectful of other students and teachers. I love this school so much! There are lots of sports and other activites besides school... even though people make school fun too! I love verything about it and I hope the rest of the student body feel as I do!!!!!!! :)

Last modified Rincon Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.