Posted December 03, 2013
This school has teachers that like to give their liberal spin on what they teach. Students who are bullied get in equal trouble for reporting bully's. Some teachers clearly are tired of their job and no longer like kids and if they don't like your child they will stonewall them

Posted August 05, 2013
I have loved our experience at JX. The teachers, administrators, and staff are all incredibly hard working and student focused. They expect students to learn, think, and respect each other. It is a great school.

Posted May 18, 2013
J.X. Wilson teachers and staff members really care about students, and it shows. It feels like a large, extended family of caring adults who all are in it for the kids. They hold high expectations for all students to achieve success. My kids are learning academically, and they're learning how to get along with other people. I couldn't be happier with a public elementary school!

Posted April 29, 2013
A very cliquey school. Also, the principal seemed to take her cues from selected favored students rather than common sense .I had never seen anything like it. Not having a student there but, being an observer I was taken aback.

Posted December 14, 2012
I have a younger brother at this school who is having difficulties in this school. He has been there since k- 6th. They seem to be waiting eagerly to punish their students for things that should't be a huge problem, and they constantly make it difficult for him to find a reason to succeed there. The principle removed his name from the basketball list because his cell phone was on in class when he was at recess. I very much disagree with this and many other decisions the administrators make, not to mention they treat parents like their opinions don't matter to them, which is absolutely disgraceful.

Posted September 21, 2010
We are very happy with JX Wilson school. I have two children attending in kindergarten and 1st grade. Class sizes are kept at a workable standard and parent involvement is great to see. My children have been given special attention when needed and I can see the positive results of teachers who have time to give. Its also nice to see teachers who are enthusiastic about their jobs. The principal is wonderful, she really takes time to get to know parents and children and even grandparents, uncles. I have never thought much about schools in the past coming from a small town with limited options but I am hoping to keep my kids in JX all the way through to 6th grade.

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted August 19, 2007

Posted August 25, 2006
My perspective of JX Wilson is so inmense because of the fact that all of the programs that our school offers helps most of our students succeed in life. We have the ability of have our own teachers and parents involved in coaching our students for extracurricular activities and we are lucky to have sports as part of our school. The level of our parent involvment at JX Wilson is so big that every year we meet our goals. Some of these parents on our Boosters Club are hard working parents with more than one child. I give thanks to all the hard working parents that volunteer at JX Wilson because I know that other schools would like what we have but its all in how you represent your school and your families.

J. X. Wilson Elementary School
246 Brittain Lane, Santa Rosa, CA  95401
Last modified J. X. Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. X. Wilson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top