K-8|Private

Bad
Good

This is a school to send your child, if he/she cannot make it in public school. Look how many reviews they have. That is impossible at a school with only 60 children or less from k-8th. These reviews are from owners and teachers, who get paid by the school. Look at any other school with so few children, they will never have 30 reviews. This place was horrible for my children. The worksheets to keep them busy were ridiculous, the lack of any social or emotional learning was bad, and the quality of the teacher was worse. My children are so happy now, and one was becoming depressed there. The positive reviews are fake.

I was a student at BCMS up until Middle School, and I would rate this school five out of five stars. I had an excellent experience with art, drama and music instruction, as these were fully integrated into our core curriculum. The classrooms tend to be smaller, thus giving each student more attention from the instructor than a large classroom would give. Brush Creek is more laid back, making you comfortable to learn and since not following a preset agenda, can personalize the lesson to the students' interests. - A Former Student

Fabulous community for my daughters to grow in. The Montessori education has been a great fit for our family and I have enjoyed watching the girls' independence and self awareness grow over the 4 years we have been here.

BCMS has been a great pre-school for my son. This is our second year and he is thriving -- learning how to positively interact with children his age, younger and older. He enjoys the curriculum and brings home amazing and creative projects daily. The teachers update us regularly on his progress and encourage his learning in the classroom and beyond. The school is also flexible with after care for working parents and they provide a hot lunch program. I'd recommend BCMS to any parent looking for a pre-school for their child.

Our daughter started here on her 2nd birthday. I have nothing but positive things to say about this school. The teachers are warm, and the rest of the staff is amazing. Kudos. I'm glad we found this place!

This by far the worst experience with any school I have ever dealt with...The pretentious attitude of the staff and teachers is so unbelievable...In there eyes if your child is not perfect you are out casted and made to look like a terrible parent which also makes your kid develope complexes and that they are not good enough..If you want to raise your child as a spoiled rotten brat and just hand them off to people who dont care bring them here...The biggest waste of money and time I have ever spent and can't believe that there is people out there like this who judge and create more issues with your child because they are about your money and their image...

My daughter has been a student for 3 years. We also plan on enrolling our youngest daughter once she is old enough. We all love the teachers, curriculum, and environment. Each classroom has a strong Montessori foundation, encouraging students to work through problems, help others, and be aware of their environment. My daughter has expressed a balance of independence, confidence, and curiosity from her time at Brush Creek Montessori School. As the parent, I am able to communicate effectively with administration and feel my concerns are noted. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

We started our daughter at BCMS at age 3, after she asked me, on the way home from her previous preschool, Mom, when am I going to start learning things? BCMS has not let her, or us, down, and we have stayed there for 5 years now. Our son is now in his 3rd year in the primary program. Both children are thriving, their creativity and curiosity encouraged, and their social and emotional development nurtured. We are so grateful to have found this small gem of a school community, that offers an alternative to mainstream public school, astronomically-priced private school, or homeschooling. If you want a school where children have access to green areas, can play and get dirty, can follow their passions, learn with their hearts, hands, and minds at the pace that is right for them, and live the process of peace-making, then BCMS is for you. (Did I mention that my daughter is voraciously reading about women's history and learning division at age 7?)

We left. I am a father writing about my experience with my child. Many of the negative reviews below are similar ours. First of all, there are less than 55 students from k-8, so many of the positive reviews are from teachers. They lost an entire kindergarten class while we were there a coupe of years ago. This is a school run to just accommodate the lifestyle of a few teachers. There are not enough families to fund "good" extra curricular activities. The teacher we had, took a day off every week (there was a permanent substitute). The teacher in the other class (1-3) also took off every Friday, b/c she lived far. They begged us to stay, but we are getting so much more at a public school than we ever got there. Their idea of Montessori was lots of worksheets, and VERY LITTLE teacher involvement with "teaching." My child is the happiest ever, since we left. She/he (I don't want to say) has more friends, and the good quality art, music, Spanish and science programs. The children at BCMS were mostly children who had problems at public schools. This school was a total waste of our money.

Before Brush Creek Montessori, I was at my worst, I probably wouldn't be in high school if it weren't for them. You see, I have ADHD and OCD, which made middle school very hard. At Brush Creek, my teachers helped me to deal with my ADHD and OCD and even use it to my advantage. I was always too energetic, not focusing at all in class, and now I'm as attentive as they come. The main thing I love about Brush Creek is how the work is done. For one, it's at the student's pace, not the teacher's. If the work was too hard or too easy, all I had to do was let them know and I'd get something different. It allowed me to perfect my strengths and strengthen my weaknesses. My only regret is that I wasn't going there for my entire academic life. I highly recommend this school to anyone, I am confident that you will find it improves study habits, intelligence, learning speed, kindness, and responsibility. I offer a final thanks to Brush Creek for making me the man I am today. -Sascha Cory-

Last modified Brush Creek Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8