Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm 0

Posted November 03, 2009
It is one of the best examples of how beneficial a Waldorf education could be for ALL children. It has an 8 acre biodynamic farm that brings the rhythm of the seasons and the earth to children in a 'natural' way. They distributed over $700K this year in tuition assistance so that economics are not a deterrent. The children that have graduated from Summerfield are extremely mentally and socially healthy and are contributing in very positive ways to society.

Posted October 03, 2009
Everything about the school and classroom environment is carefully maintained to provide a beautiful, coherent, distraction-free place to learn. The various subjects are artfully integrated into a seamless whole. Their presentation is always wonderfully age-appropriate, and the children are encouraged to think for themselves, but always consider other perspectives.

Posted May 01, 2009
My daughter is in the Red Rose kindergarten class at Summerfield Waldorf. Skeptical at first, I now find myself truly enjoying and appreciating the time we have spent at this special school. My daughter's teacher is FABULOUS! She is loving and yet firm, and provides an environment where kids can explore their world in a safe environment. My daughter, being a very bright and smart child, has benefited tremendously with this education program that focuses more on experiential activities - they sing and dance, play outside everyday (rain or shine), cook their own food, clean up after themselves, work on the farm, create art, work with wood, and so much more. Though there is not much focus on the ABCs and the 123s, the foundation of knowledge my daughter is building in this program will support her throughout the rest of her life. I highly recommend the kindergarten program!

Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm 4

Posted March 31, 2008

Posted November 20, 2006

Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm 4

Posted May 18, 2004

Posted September 14, 2003
I'm not a parent, I'm a student in 9th grade. Being one to have never really fit in anyware, and having a pretty interesting life track record. I find SWS a safe haven were I can express myself and learn at the same time. The classes are hard, but I find myself enjoying them a lot! which is something I have never done before. The kids are great, most of them knew each other already, but it really doesn't matter because everyone's really nice and wants to talk to you. My class has 31 kids in it (this is really big for one class here at SWS but it really doesn't matter. We all know each other, and we (especially me!) all love this school.

Posted September 14, 2003

Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm 1

Posted August 26, 2003
The total lack of a comprehensive science program hurts this school. There is no coordinated physical science program.

Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm
655 Willowside Road, Santa Rosa, CA  95401
Last modified Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Summerfield Waldorf School And Farm Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top