No rating

Santa Rosa Christian School

Private | K-12

Living in Santa Rosa

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $227,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Sweep tile

Posted March 16, 2010

I was a student at this school and I have to tell you that the curriculum was complete nonsense and the grading was too, the teachers/staff judge unfairly. The tuition is wasted on sub par education. The best decision you could make in your lifetime would be to not send your children to this 'school'.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 13, 2008

I am so pleased my grandchildren attend SRCS. They are not only receiving an excellent education, but they are also learning the think critically and to think like a Christian. I am grateful for the way the staff at SCRS know and love the students. I also love the Strengths education focus.

Posted November 13, 2006

When I entered High school I questioned whether or not I wanted to stay at a school as small as SRC that may not be able to offer the extracurricular activities that a larger school could but I am now completely thankful that I chose to stay. The teachers are amazing and go out of their way to connect with each student and work with them on their level. I have seen doors open for me due to the quality education I have received at SRC. The thing I most appreciate about SRC is that it is a Christian environment that still allows you to question and to state your opinion. Applying to college has been amazing. I have been accepted by every college that I have applied to and was also scouted by schools like Stanford and other academically challenging schools. SRC is growing, its an exciting place to be.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 18, 2006

I am glad I send my daughter to SRCS. I did have one year of school that I was not that pleased with the teacher. But overall the experience has been very nice. They are going through some changes in leadership which can be a little frustrating getting answers but I can see a change for the better in the future. My daughter is happy and learning that is my priority. And Christ is in her life, most important.

Posted May 2, 2006

High quality education, with christian beliefs emphasis. Excellent music and PE program, limited art, and nature sciences.

Posted May 1, 2006

I have been driving my two sons to Santa Rosa Christian School for 9 years. I come about 30 miles to get them to the finest education I can. The teachers go the extra mile and the spirit of the students is encouraging and Godly. My senior has been accepted to two Christian universities, and has decided to go to Biola. He is very proud of the education he has received and how it has prepared him for a future as a Christian leader.

Posted April 28, 2006

This is a great school with great academics and solid Christian values. My children have thrived at SRCS. I am especially pleased with the caring and nurturing teachers, both elementary and secondary. It's a college prep school so be prepared for homework. Terrific elementary music program and theater program in high school.

Posted January 3, 2006

I have really enjoyed the values that this school has taught my son. The academics, at least in the early grades have met my standards as well. The school could use more sport programs.

Posted November 7, 2005

This used to be a high quality school. Now, it's a ship lost at sea. It's had some really poor leadership in the past, which has recently changed. Hopefully things will improve again with time.

Posted May 26, 2005

My child enjoyed her teachers in both k and 1st grade unfortunatly they chose to let 7 teachers go last year in the elementary levels only offering 1 class per grade. I felt this was a strain on the teachers and on the students. We were drawn to this school for the christian teachings which never faultered and to the small class sizes. The school has been talking about moving to a larger facility which may offer better athletics program for the higher grades.

Posted June 10, 2004

As a parent of a high school student and an elementary student I must say that in the last 3 years there has been a decline in the quality of the school. The is a unhealthy emphasis on raising the tuition without increasing the quality. We have suffered many cuts in staff and activities,and now you don't have to be a professing christian to attend. I am sad to say that we will not be returning. I hope that the board will notice the mass exodus of students and money and take a hard look at the new policies and make the connection. There are other private schools that offer more for less. Very sad.

Posted August 21, 2003

I am a former student of Santa Rosa Christian School, and although it was a (mostly) wonderful elementary experience, there were a few problems. The elementary school program is excellent. I do feel,however, that though this is a christian school, that there is far too much emphasis placed on biblical education- so much, in fact, that they disregard proven scientific facts about evolution, history, etc. While many people believe some of the more, shall we say, disproven facts of the bible, these teaching methods did not allow (although my favorite teacher, Ms. Buechner, did encourage me to think for myself) free thought in the minds of the children. For those who believe implicitly in the bible and every 'fact' mentioned, this is a good school to have your children taught in. Another thing that bothers me is that many of the schoolboard's descisions on disceplanary action were affected by tuition- not neccesarily by morals and values. This disturbed me, and was the main reason why I did not continue school at SRCS, and moved to a charter school instead, of no religious affiliation. However, Overall, I had a good experience at SRCS. Again, I do reccomend it to Christian families. Thank you.
—Submitted by a former student

Ethnicity This school
Black 3%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

950 S Wright Rd