Posted August 03, 2014
There is a review just down from mine "this is my second year at SCDS" that is highly suspect to say the least. On February 21st, 2014 SCDS received notice that one of their sixth graders had pulled from the school due to the fact that the administration had not properly dealt with Bullying at the school, this particular Sixth Grader had had his arm broken by a bully in the sixth grade and had required 2 surgeries to repair the physical damage caused. This post was written the next school day after the school was told that their response to the bullying was unacceptable and was far far below state guidelines. Both the Headmaster and the Dean of Faculty were involved in the lack of action. It is now the end of the sixth grade year for these children and 6 more Families have pulled their Children from this class due to Bullying and... THE BULLY IS STILL THERE. I wonder who wrote the review below... Pathetic as this may sound, the headmaster and another teacher had a meeting with the class asking them to embrace the bully as "their friend" and that he "had done nothing wrong" On the same day that the child with the broken arm was away having his second surgery! What a Joke!

Posted May 17, 2014
Part 5 of 5: So, to sum it up.. IF you are looking for a school your friends will envy from the outside and glorified "babysitting for the elite"... This is it! Although, if you are looking for a quality education, please look deeper and elsewhere... I can't begin to tell you how lacking in any real educational value this beautiful looking school is. Don't judge a book by its cover. Ps it took us years to see what was really happening as many of the reviewers are probably still in awe as we were. Also we were there for both the past and current headmaster. Lastly, why did we stay? We didn't... As soon as we truly discovered (it took years) what was going on, we left, having lost years of educational opportunities.... If you doubt me and your child is attending SCDS, have you child tested outside of school and see the results first hand. Don't let this happen to you or your child...

Posted February 24, 2014
this is my second year at SCDS, I love this school I got mediocre grades at my previous school and now that i go to scds i have never gotten anything lower than a B+ the teachers greet you kindly at the front door of the class room i am now in sixth grade and my parents told me how much they are paying for me to go to this amazing school i was shocked at the amount but then i thought about the great education that i am getting and it made sense to me i have never experienced bullying at my school and i have never met anyone who has been bullied this school. the teachers are very close to the students and when you have trouble in a class the teachers are more then welcome to help i am sorry for my poor grammar and spelling i forgot to edit

Posted December 24, 2013
I go to Sonoma country day school. I feel this school I very amazing !! I am so shocked by the reveiws that I read, some we're correct some we're not. I think the students here are so sweet and I have made they most amazing people that I will ever meet in my life ! Teachers and students !! The relationships between teachers and students are simply amazing !! I get one on one private help with grades, studying and everything like that!! I will never forget this school!!! I would highly recommend the school to any kid. -student at Sonoma country day school

Posted June 05, 2010
I am overwhelmed by this school. My child has thrived in this open and inviting culture! The teachers are stellar, communication and support for families is top notch. They promise to know your child and they keep their promise. Price tag is high but well worth it. Hands down the best school in sonoma county and we looked into them all!

Posted May 27, 2010
I feel like SCDS has gotten mixed reviews in the past. However, over the last five or so years, and now with a new leader, the school is taking new territory and I can say with 100% confidence that there is no better school in the area. My kids have flourished with the perfect balance of "big enough but not too big" classes, and the teachers are amazing. They really care about the kids, often going to events outside of school to support them and carrying on relationships for a long time after graduation. They really understand each student and support them appropriately. I am thrilled with SCDS and so are my kids.

Sonoma Country Day School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
sonoma country day school is more than just a bunch of buildings warehousing children all day. it is a place whose focus is the pursuit of the love of learning for all members of our school community -- students, parents, faculty and staff -- and on educating the entire child for a future completely unlike what previous generations have known. we partner with the center for ecoliteracy in berkeley to ensure education for a sustainable future is integrated into every curriculum area. each students' weekly schedule includes at least 120 minutes of p.e., music, and art and our environmental sciences program includes 60 minutes of garden and outdoor education starting in 4th grade.

Sonoma Country Day School 3

Posted February 05, 2009
SCDS is a beauitful school, the theatre is amazing. The parents are friendly. The student to teacher ratio is at public school standards. And that is a huge problem. 20-23 students per teacher. Also, we wish there was a bit more diversity.

Posted July 27, 2008
sonoma country day school is not fun education. all day you sit in class to be bored, there is no point of waking up in the morning and going to school. i hated scds, you are paying for the same education as so many other schools. you should not have your child go here.

Posted February 27, 2008
Although this school comes with a hefty price tag, you get what you pay for -- an excellent, personalized, well-rounded education. SCDS educates the whole child by focusing on academics as well as the arts, sports, leadership,and a strong curriculum in ethics. All schools should be this good.

Sonoma Country Day School
4400 Day School Place, Santa Rosa, CA  95403
Last modified Sonoma Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Sonoma Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top