Santa Rosa, CA

Merryhill School 3

Posted February 15, 2009
My son attended this school for kindergarten and first grade. The teachers really taught him a lot and he learned to love learning. Academically the school is great. I would have to say I wasn't excited about how difficult situations were dealt with. I didn't feel like my child was protected by administration when his well being was threatened. No follow up at all.

Posted July 11, 2007
My children are entering first and third grades and have been attending Merryhill School since kindergarten. They also attended Merryill Preschool from infancy. We are extremely pleased with the education, teachers, leadership and loving family environment at Merryhill. The classes are small, but not too small so that the kids have good opportunities for social interaction. The school has really flourished over the past two years under the leadership of principal Jill St.Peter. The teachers are not only great, but they love their jobs which makes the learning environment all the better. All of the teachers and students know all of the students' names. It is a very safe and secure learning environment. The after school care is led by two very energetic young ladies and is very good. There are computer, Spanish, music, drama and art classes. The Spanish and art teachers are particularly outstanding!

Posted July 08, 2007
It is difficult for me to express in words how blessed we are as a family to have my daughter attending Marryhill. Jill St. Peters the Principal is AMAZING, she considers the childern, 'her children'. Her passion for the care and education of the children trickles downwards to the teachers, the environment and the overall sense of community of the school. Merryhill is more than a 'school' - it is a community. All the teachers know all the children. As a parent, I feel supported by the teachers and the principle and office staff. The country setting and small town feeling of the school is a bonus to the exceptional education my daughter is receiving at Merryhill. The classes are small and my daughter gets that extra special attention she deserves! I love Merryhill and feel blessed every day that I am able to walk my daughter onto campus!

Posted July 03, 2007
My son, (now in 4th) has attended the past 2 years, and his sister, (now in 6th) has asked to attend as well. The small class size is of course a plus, but I am very happy with the flexibility the teachers have in designing fun and innovative learning opportunities. Not just paperwork! With new leadership, the school has seen a lot of growth with extra curriculars. Spanish, art, music, drama are staples, but, inspired by the 4-8 graders, they also are planning a school-wide eco-friendly project including a large garden, cooking classes, monthly speakers, a zero-waste lunch program, a recycling program and an eco-science fair. Overall, this is a safe, family atmosphere where the children are easily learning a grade ahead of public schools. I am confident my children will be academically and socially prepared to excel in high school and college.

Posted April 23, 2007
Merryhill School has an excellent academic program, and the teachers and administration clearly care for the overall well-being of each student. My two daughters have been extremely happy at Merryhill, both having attended there since kindergarten. It is a great school, with a loving and friendly community.

Posted June 12, 2006
My son has attended for Jr. Kindergarten, K and 1st grade. It has been a wonderful experience. The social environment is very good and has a fairly high level of parent involvement. The academics and teachers have been outstanding. The extracurricular activities need some improvment, but are adequate.

Posted May 18, 2006
I have been happy with Merryhill's academic program, Spanish and music cuuriculum.

Posted August 18, 2005
This is our 3rd year at this school, plus 2 years at their preschool. The teachers are simply fantastic with the kids and really engage them in learning and growing. The academics are really strong, especially language arts and math. I love the small size and family atmosphere and country environment. There is pretty strong parent involvement, especially in the lower grades. The music program is pretty good and growing. There were some beautiful art projects from Art class last year. My daughter is starting 2nd grade this year. She's bright on her own and this is really supported and nurtured by the teachers. Some issues remain, including better organization of afternoon programs and 'specials'. The principal just left and this is a loss after many improvements over the last year. Some strong and consistant leadership will really boost enrollment and help the school meet it's fullest potential.

Posted July 13, 2005
The quality of academics and parental involvement is the very high. However, the area it lacks in is the availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities. In a nutshell, they are minimum at best.

Merryhill School 3

Posted December 11, 2004
My son has been in Merryhill since the middle of 2nd grade. I believe the education the child gets is much better than the public schools but they seem to be in a growing period.

Merryhill School