Posted November 12, 2014
My daughter attended here for 5th and Partial 6th grade until we moved to Imperial Beach after her 6th grade camp. The staff and the organization between staff and parents is awesome. I loved the fact that 7th & 8th grade were together with the elementary school. My daughter had Mrs. Marchant and she always was willing to work with us and communicate about my daughter from a Single Parent background. She is an outstanding teacher. This school is great, the only downfall is that they don't offer a breakfast program which is odd from the schools my daughter had attended in the past and given the breakfast is the most important meal of the day, other than that It was a pleasure for my daughter to attend here, too bad we moved.

Posted August 23, 2014
Love the K - 8 experience this school provides; high quality staff; office staff is welcoming and really gets to know the children and families.

Posted May 23, 2014
Amazing school. Great staff. My daughter had Mrs Shinsky 2012-2013 and I cannot say enough good things. Angie is amazing with the kids. She is firm but loving. She doesn't tolerate any misbehaving and my daughter especially loved how she got to to take care of beanie babies. Angie also encouraged my daughters creative side and gab loved it. I volunteered in the classroom and Angie was a joy to talk to. Oh, one of the best things about her is that if you have concerns about your child she will discuss it with you. I never felt like an inconvenience to Mrs shinsky. And believe me I asked a lot of questions as this was my first born going into kindergarten. I loved the teacher so much that i requested her for my son had her this year and my son loved her too. I wish we were still there but my husband got promoted and we had to move out of the city. Wish my son's kindergarten teacher at the new school was amazing as Mrs shinsky. We love you Mrs shinsky. Gabby and diego say hello. :D as for the school itself, love it. Parking issue sucks, but it's an elementary school si what do you expect? And the principal is amazing as well. :)

Posted February 14, 2014
I have been extremely pleased over the years with the professionalism and high quality staff at Carlton Oaks. Everyone is so friendly and cares deeply for all students.

Posted February 11, 2014
Extremely happy with Carlton Oaks. The teachers are wonderful to work with, both on a student level and a parent level. We have been at the school for 4 years and have no complaints! Campus is kept clean. All staff is friendly and pleasant to work with. Thank you to the person that recommended this school to me.

Posted May 29, 2013
I am more than impressed with this school. The teachers and the administration are very invested in the children they serve. I how involved the teachers are and how much they really care for the children. My child is excelling and I owe it in large part to CO. Being that they're in a smaller school district, they seem to really spend their money wisely. The campus is beautiful and there doesn't seem to be as many "cuts" as there are in other districts. I love this school...it truly is a jem!

Carlton Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2013
Although the teachers seem nice, the middle school doesn't offer sport, art, or music type electives. They have drama and Shakespeare, but if your child's grades are mediocre, their only choice of elective is study hall. The parents aren't given a chance to work with their child at home because by the time your child gets home, their homework is already done at study hall. What a waste of time. Also, GATE is no longer offered. My children's minds are not well stimulated at this school and of course my kids don't want to leave their friends for another school. If you're looking for a school that offers more activities, and mental stimulation, look elsewhere.

Carlton Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2012
We moved from Reno to Santee and had several schools to choose from. A co-worker suggested Carlton Oaks and we have been impressed. Our son's grades have increased and he is making friends. The teachers are caring and administration does a great job of communicating what is happening at the school. Thank you Carlton Oaks Elementary School!

Posted December 02, 2011
My kids have attended here for 4 years now and I couldn't ask for a more supportive staff. My son has a medical condition and had a seizure at school and health clerk was wonderful! She is so loving and caring to these students. My children have never had the "Williams" but they are a wonderful asset to the community through volunteer work and programs that my children has been a part of. I have had great communication with the staff there and really have nothing derogatory to say. My only complaint would have been it's an old school, but since the remodel, I can no longer say that. Santee school district is nice because it gives me a smaller community feel, if that is what you like. The VP has been very supportive and is always out with the kids. My kids really love the staff here :)

Posted August 11, 2011
My kids are really looking forward to another great year at Carlton Oaks. We have been so happy with the teacher, curriculum but especially their PTA. The PTA really welcomes everyone and does so much for the kids and teachers their amazing. I'm a member but work and it's nice to know my small membership fee does so much. We just got the kids state test scores and it confirms that Carlton Oaks is tops in all areas.

Carlton Oaks Elementary School
9353 Wethersfield Road, Santee, CA  92071
Last modified Carlton Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlton Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top