Posted July 01, 2014
Chet is a terrific school. Both my kids have been going there for several years now. The teachers are very attentive and involved. Ms Lampe stands out as the most dedicated teacher I have ever met. She even sacrificed her after school hrs to provide free tutoring...how many teachers do you know that are that dedicated. I strongly recommend this school to any parent.

Chet F. Harritt Elementary School 3

Posted March 18, 2014
Chet has great teachers for the most part a few fall really short of the mark. 5th grade is the worst as far as teachers go. Lampe falls in that category. Very unsatisfied with the time my child spent with her. It was a wasted year.

Posted February 24, 2014
My daughters have been at this school for almost 3 years. The teachers are hit and miss. Some are really good and dedicated. But like this year, we got two burnouts! Frustrating and when approached the principal to switch classrooms the answer is no after sufficient reasons to move. Yet, their "faves" they will move out in a second. Unless you are prepared to "suck up" you're kids are stuck with burned out teachers. What happened to sending your kids to school and the worst was fighting about homework?

Posted June 19, 2013
My daughter has attended Chet since Kindergarten and she just graduated from 8th grade . I ve had 9 years to evaluate this school and I can honestly grades K- 6 Chet is great, 7-8th highly disappointing. Since 6th grade my child has not attended any field trips other than the end of the year Knott s Soak City or Disneyland, this year their ASB consisted of 3 kids because none of the kids are motivated to run for office because the program is lacking, they play favorites to students whose parents are room moms or teachers at other schools in the district. During graduation I sat for 2 hours and watched the same 5-7 students getting awards while the remaining 65 students sat, bored because they already knew who was getting awards. There are many other deserving students who worked hard but were never recognized. My other two kids will not be attending Chet.

Posted October 19, 2012
My sone has been attending Chett since EAK and is doing phenomenal in all areas of study. He is now in 2nd grade. his reading and comprehension is at a 5th grade level with math approaching a 4th grade standard!

Posted April 03, 2011
My son has been at Chet since he started school. He is now in 4th grade. He loves the school. Mr. Johnston, the principal, is a great asset to Chet. You can tell that he really loves his job and his students. He knows the students by name. The teachers have been fantasti. My son tested for GATE last year but we opted to keep him at Chet because GATE was at a different school. We didn't want to leave Chet. Even though they do not have a GATE program yet, I believe that they are teaching just as much as a GATE program would have. They have very high standards for their teachers and students. I wish they would get a GATE program there.

Posted March 30, 2011
My nephew has attended Chet .F. Harrit school going on 2 years. He transferred from Rio Seco School. The schools are different but I like Chet .F. Harrit school alot. The nurse in the office is very good with the students, the secretary is very helpful and friendly. The principal takes the time to introduce himself to everyone. Plus, my nephew seems to like it alot too.

Posted September 14, 2010
I have spent many years involved w/ this school. The principal is a politition that smiles and does nothing. The teachers are old and burned out. Many examples of 60+- year-old adults letting their beaten-down egos harrangue the children, w/ no recourse to authority. My family finally escaped this oppressive environment..

Chet F. Harritt Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
We have a great staff and faculty. They make you feel at home. Almost all of the teachers have taught at this school for more than 10 years. Many have been there for more than 15 years. They are very good at what they do. They invlove the parents in every aspect of the child's learning. We have a great PTA that works really well to plan and provide activities for the families. I love Chet.

Posted August 05, 2009
We relocated on military orders at the very end of our childs kindergarten year. In the 2 months she was at Chet that year she grew 10 x more than at her school for the rest of that year. she went from barely reading anything, to reading voraciously and very well, thanks in no small part her wonderful teaher Mrs. Maier.... then came 1st grade. She had Mrs. Trantalis and that teacher was amazing. the amount she grew that year astounded me. And my daughter ADORED her, as she adored Mrs. Maier the year before. Every child at this school knows exactly who the administration is as well as the teachers. They feel like they can just go up to the principal and VP and others and just say hi or they feel like they know who to talk to if they need help in a situation. The parental involvement is

Chet F. Harritt Elementary School
8120 Arlette Street, Santee, CA  92071
Last modified Chet F. Harritt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chet F. Harritt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top