Posted May 28, 2013
My 2 grandchildren grow a little every day at Rio Seco. Next year another will start attending there. I wish all 7 of my G-Kids could go there as well. The more parents are involved, the better the experience for their children. I'm so glad that the moms and dads of my grandchildren take an active role in their children's education. I also love to volunteer in their classrooms (I know they love it too)!

Rio Seco Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2012
My family was part of Rio Seco for 11 years . In general Rio has many good teachers who treat their students fairly and the curriculum standards are high. However, I am disappointed in a handful of teachers who misuse their position to gain favors. For example, I was told by a teacher that it wouldn't matter what her child scored on the GATE test because "I'm a teacher and I can do that". While other students have to earn their spots other children are given preferential treatment. This same teacher would years later call me at home to rant at me and threaten my child(phone tapes can confirm this). After speaking to the principal next day the principal said she would take care of it and speak to the teacher as well as both kids to clear the matter. We never got an apology or a follow up call. With that being said my kids managed to do well at Rio but I am saddened by the lack of integrity and accountability by a few teachers who we trust to instill honesty among our children. Children should earn their successes not think they are entitled.

Rio Seco Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2011
My son went to this school when he was in KG for 2 months until I pulled him out and moved him to a much better school. His first day of school, his teacher came out and told me to take my son to his Dr because he was out of control and probably needed medication. I made an appt right away but really this is not the way a teacher should be talking to a parent. I got him in to his Dr and put on medication for ADHD but before I got a chance to get him in, she had put his desk in a corner facing a wall and told him that he did not deserve to be with the rest of the class. Even after he was on medication and was doing 100% better (teacher s words) she still kept him in the corner facing the wall. This is no way for a child to be treated even if they do have ADHD. In my opinion, he should have never been put in the corner even before he was medicated but he for sure should have been moved back with the rest of the kids after he improved right?? This teacher also put him out in the hall one time by himself and when she brought the kids out after school, she had forgotten he was in the hall and left him in there by himself!!!! I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE!!!!

Posted August 15, 2011
Rio Seco is a wonderful school with many learning experiences. The best thing about this school is probably how well the teachers work with the students. Also since its a k through eight school you get to know everybody. I would pick this school over any other santee school. This school teaches you how to have faith not just in others but in yourself, how to save the enviorment, and how to be yourself. I would reccomend this school to any parent i suggest you do that to.

Rio Seco Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love my childrens school because the kids are treated as individuals not a group.

Posted May 18, 2009
My daughter is new to the district & is in 6th grade. We chose Rio Seco because she is a Cluster Gate student; and the ratings were impressive. Although our experience is limited to one year, we LOVE her teacher, the bar is set high, and the end result is a great learning experience. All schools have room for improvement, but considering all facts, i HIGHLY recommend Rio Seco - and so does my daughter.

Rio Seco Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2009
Art and music don't exist at school. The children aren't supervised much on the playground. The teachers are cold and uptight. I regret sending my child to this school. I hardly see any parent involvement.

Posted January 31, 2009
My son is in KG. They started out half day and after xmas transitioned to full. It really helped him and me to adjust to school. The teachers are wonderful. There is a lot of parent involvement. I am very pleased.

Posted October 11, 2008
I love this school and the staff is really caring towards us and its a great learning enviornment for us!im in 6th grade right now

Posted September 26, 2008
My daughter has been going to this school since Kindergarten. The standard at this school is higher than the state standard. They feel that if the bar is raised, children will rise to it. They are right! My daughter's future is bright! Her homework load is more than other schools but her retention level is also higher. I'm very happy with this school and my son will go here too!

Rio Seco Elementary School
9545 Cuyamaca Street, Santee, CA  92071
Last modified Rio Seco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Seco Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top