Saratoga, CA

Argonaut Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2011
This school was a disappointment to us as well. The curriculum is inconsistent across teachers. There is lack of classroom discipline and consistent teaching of the core areas by some teachers. I did not feel my children acquired the knowledge expected according to state standards at the end of the year. The principal was great and understanding but in end we choose to put our children in private school. In less than 7 months of private school they are now far exceeding California standards for their grade, due to consistent teaching and a solid curriculum. Our children are now thriving and feeling confident with their ability to complete their homework.

Argonaut Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2010
This school was a disappointment for our child. We did not feel the teacher was committed to making a difference but rather was clock watching to retirement. While the principal was sympathetic, there wasn't much he could do. In the end we removed our child.

Posted April 07, 2010
Truly the best elementary school there is! The principal is amazing, the office staff is super friendly, and the teachers are tops!!!

Argonaut Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The leadership of the Principal is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. Teachers are professional and awesome too. Parents are very involved in the volunteer activities. I believe this is an outstanding school.

Posted September 15, 2009
I love this school and am so happy with the principal, teachers and staff and all the activities they incorporate to make learning fun and challenging. My 5th grader and 2nd grader have been here since kindergarten and I feel this school is even better than the private schools I know of (or have friends kids in). Could not have asked for anything better. Hope the redwood middle and saratoga high are as good as this one!

Argonaut Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted May 21, 2008

Posted October 31, 2006

Posted February 07, 2006
My son is in 1st grade this year. We feel very satisfied. His teacher is really enthusiastic on teaching, and has inspired all the kids in the class about math/science and lots of other things. I was really impressed by the breadth and depth of topics covered, and the way they were introduced. The school also focuses a lot on writing, starting early from kindergarten. They have 'writer's workshop' almost everyday. And I can see big improvement from his weekend journals. The last journal he did has lots of details, actions, and even dialogs. It is almost like reading an interesting paragraph/chapter from a book! There are also many activities sponsored by PTA. Almost everyone in his class participated the science fair. Every parents should know that the best way to help your kids is to get actively involved in schools. Here luckily we have lots of parents exactly doing that!

Posted December 09, 2005
Argonaut is perfect for my 5 year old! There are so many fun activities provided for the kids to learn; the teacher is extremely energetic and caring, paying attention to all the details. I am so glad we come to this school.

Argonaut Elementary School
13200 Shadow Mountain Road, Saratoga, CA  95070
Last modified Argonaut Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Argonaut Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top