Saratoga, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 11, 2014
I currently attend Saint Andrew's Episcopal School, and I have been there since kindergarten. It academically challenges you and prepares you for high school. The teachers are very experienced and if you are having a difficult time in a class, you can always receive assistance. They genuinely want you to succeed and encourage you to do your best. We have a very small class size compared to other private schools in the Bay Area, 18:1. My classmates are friendly, respectful, and easy to be friends with. The tuition at Saint Andrew's seems extremely expensive and overpriced. This money does go to having the latest technologies in the classroom, providing MacBook Airs, having delicious hot lunches, and having a beautiful campus, which are perks. There is not a large homework load, but Saint Andrew's has very rigorous and academically challenging classes. Their athletics and music programs are wonderful. The community is very close-knit. Keeping this in mind, each school has its strengths and weaknesses. Not every school will be the right fit for you or your child.

Posted August 25, 2013
Saint Andrew's is more than just a school, it is a community of friends. I have 3 children who LOVE going there everyday and love their teachers. The teaching standards are excellent and the teachers are all very highly qualified. You can see their bios online. Over the past 2 years I have seen each of my children grow and develop emotionally, socially and intellectually there. This school really is the best school in this area!

Posted July 18, 2013
Our family is thrilled with Saint Andrew's! Our son just completed the Pre-K program and will be entering Kindergarten in a few weeks. We loved the class size and student to teacher ratio (20 students / 3 teachers.) The teachers communicated regularly and provided supplemental tools for us to use at home to complement what he was learning in class. The parent community was very welcoming.

Posted January 06, 2013
Excellent move for our son! We moved from another private K-8 school in the area to St. Andrew's in 6th grade. The larger class size (approx 60) in the middle school at SA is an important milestone for young teens. A good step up as high school quickly approaches. My son is now in 7th grade and I can honestly say I do not have one complaint! He is thriving academically and socially. I believe the prepration for high school is outstanding. Also, the character building at St. Andrew's makes for a warm and caring environment. He has formed lifetime bonds with some of the teachers and that is priceless. We could not be more pleased with our decision to move to St. Andrew's!

Posted January 14, 2012
As a public school teacher, I realize my two St. Andrew's children are benefiting from the "whole child" environment that they would otherwise not experience. My middle school student doesn't just get a single enrichment (elective) class per grading period but receives instruction in multiple enrichment classes. The attention they receive in the guaranteed small classes allows the teachers to identify areas of need, improvement and strength - and those teachers communicate this information well. Planned teacher conferences don't just occur in the lower school (Pre-K through 5th) - but all the way through 8th grade, ensuring continued communication throughout the school year. Small classes allow the teachers to plan and execute more hands-on and in-depth lessons - in a class of 35, most of these lessons would not be possible. The administration, with their open door policy, are accessible - they are professional in collaborating on solutions to issues that will inevitably occur during the course of a child's education, whether social or academic, the solutions are always focused on ensuring the child's success.

Saint Andrew's Episcopal School 1

Posted January 12, 2012
Our son was in Saint Andrew s for 2 years. Frankly speaking, the curriculum was disappointing. I cannot see the difference between SA and public schools. Top public schools are definitely better than SA, especially in Math. Some teachers are under-qualified. There was a multiple choice question in a homework asking what the opposite word of fresh water was. My son chose salty water which was the correct answer. The teacher said used water was correct. I really couldn t believe my eyes! As for the character development part, they didn t mention it anymore to students after kindergarten. I would say the proportion of problematic kids in the school is higher than what I expected, provided it is a school who claims they emphasize character development and discipline. Teachers and the admin are not capable of handling problematic kids. We then decided to switch to a better school and let the school knew about our decision, though the administration did ask us to stay.

Saint Andrew's Episcopal School 1

Posted January 12, 2012
A few weeks before the school year ended, my son (7 yrs old) was kicked by a kid (X) in the same grade on the tummy during recess. We ended up sending him to ER as advised by the doctor s office. My son then consistently told us and the police that X kicked him on the tummy during recess. The teachers chatting far away didn t see that happened. The admin questioned the so called witnesses and claimed that X kicked a ball 12 ft away and hit my son. However, we learnt from one witness that he in fact saw X kicking a ball and hit my son on his side, not on the tummy. In short, nobody noticed when X kicked my son. But that witness did see my son rolling on the ground because of great pain. The admin finally asked my son and X to sit down with one person Y from the admin to discuss the issue. I was not allowed to be with them. After the meeting, my son broke down and burst into tears. He told me Y forced him to admit that it was the ball that hit him, despite the fact that my son kept telling Y it is X who kicked him on his tummy. The admin just wanted to tell my son to shut up so that things will be much easier for them, esp. we would not be their customer anymore.

Posted April 26, 2011
I love Saint Andrews. I've been here since 6th grade and I feel that I am embedded in the st. a's family. I'm in the concert choir, in which it's always a routine for one of us to scream "TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL DISNEYLAND!" to compete in the Anaheim Heritage Festival. I can't wait! The P.E. program is definitely one of the best highlights of this school as well. We have a "race across the country" in which grades 6-8 compete to win a trip to the beach at the end of the year. We run 2-4 miles every week, do ab workouts, and also play many games. I also loved our trip to D.C. We became so much closer as classmates, especially on the bus! National Junior Honor Society is a great way for us to stay on track, getting 3 hours of community service in every month, even though some of us end up with 8-23 hours even! When I'm at school I feel like I'm at my second home, and I feel safe knowing that I'm getting a quality education while having as much fun as I can imagine. From dissecting a frog or a heart or even an eye, to making a big boom from the music room from our body percussions and drums, Saint Andrew's is a place where you won't turn a corner and not see a huge smile walking by.

Posted May 20, 2010
This school has perfect balance of academic and social education. Personal is very helpful

Posted March 19, 2010
Our family couldn't be happier. We love Saint Andrews.

Saint Andrew's Episcopal School
13601 Saratoga Avenue, Saratoga, CA  95070
Last modified Saint Andrew's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Saint Andrew's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top