694 students|Saugus Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

This school is so amazing. I could not be happier with the amazing things my kids get to learn that they did not have the opportunity at their old schools. We have attended Emblem since the reopening. The STEM program and STEMinars are helping open their minds to so many possibilities in their future. The teachers are the best and so is the administration. The school feels more like a big family. The yard supervisors are amazing as well. Unfortunately at our last school we had issues with them not watching the kids. My kids throughly enjoy school and missed it so much over the summer. That speaks volumes to me. We are so blessed to be apart of the Eagle team. A huge thank you to all those who work at the school including Richard the amazing custodian who keeps the school clean and running. Each staff member is welcoming and I know they are all watching out for the kids. They genuinely love the kids and their jobs.

Our kids went to a private school before we moved here 3 years ago. When it was time for us to buy our own home, we knew it wasn't possible to have 3 (now 4) in private school. When we saw the house and that Emblem would be our school we did our research. It was enough for us to bid on the house. I am so glad we got it, because Mr. Baker is the most AMAZING Principal I have EVER seen. He truly cares about his staff, the students and his school. He is so amazing that our daughter has said, "I hope to be a Principal just like Mr. Baker one day. " She had the opportunity to be Principal for the day and told me that he is one of her favorite people and he works so hard. It's true. Weather it be walking from class to class each day, to wishing each kid a Happy Birthday on their day, to getting slimed or dressing like a super hero. Thank you Mr. Baker and all of the AMAZING teachers and Mrs. Loscos for BLOWING away private schools and making us proud to call Emblem our school <3

Very organized school. The principal is so involved with the teachers and students, hence the school running smoothly.

Amount of homework: Disagree

These children spend long hours in school. I would hope that the time spent in school would suffice. Many countries do not even have homework, yet have excellent education. All accomplished at school. My kid excels at school but has no time left for fun, it's either school, homework or her sports activities. I also believe that if a kid has mastered a certain subject, that kid should not be asked to complete homework that is too easy for that child.

Develops character: Agree

The school instills its values in the children via constant communication and emphasis on the values.

Emblem has an ESTEEM program that makes it stand out. The teachers are great and so is the office personnel. The PTA is very strong. The principal is a visionary and an energetic leader. One negative I have noticed, which not sure if other schools do this or not - seems to me that they tend to rate kids lower in the beginning of each school year and then higher, which I suppose can have many reasons but one negative implication is the discouragement my kid experiences, while her knowledge in reality didn't diminish between the end of one school year and the beginning of the next one. Go figure.

Love the school and staff. Love their program. Also it is a very well organized school

Great School! Staff and teacher have been amazing and very helpful. By far one the best schools in Santa Clarita!

The Good: Newer classrooms & tech (smart boards & laptops the students share with another class). Emphasis & Attempt at STEM (Steminars, NASA Fridays, some hands on projects, etc.), Some good teachers with good personalities (a combo sometimes hard to find in the district). Some of the parents seem nice and down to earth. The Bad: Great deal of Bullying (both psychological & physical) by some of the students (not much is done about it, other than a cover-up despite many reports). Out-of-control behavior by a significant portion of the students in the classroom. A couple of the campus supervisors yell a lot at the students. A few of the teachers are rude, cold, and/or moody. An administrator is rude and mean to the parents and students (you don't feel like she's there for the parents & students at all, but for her job). Some not so nice & ignorant parents who love to gossip about other parents & students when they don't know the truth of the situation and of themselves or their children (i.e. the parents who has the children who bully others). I would have to emphasize that there was a lot of bullying psychological and physical by the students at Emblem.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The review dated June 10th below is based off of one bitter parent that didn't get her way at a meeting. She likes to stir up trouble and quite frankly is a drain to deal with. This is a FANTASTIC SCHOOL with PHENOMENAL TEACHERS and support staff. We left our old school to come to Emblem and we have never regretted the decision. There are so many activities at Emblem to join in and give your child an excellent elementary experience. We love our school and if you can get in to Emblem I highly recommend it as an option.

Last modified Emblem Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.