Saugus, CA

Posted April 05, 2014
We moved here because of the great family feel and we got just that. Great parent involvement! It feels like a great supportive community. I have a kindergarten who attends here and i love how much he has learned in such little time. It really show how much they care about the kids and they're job. I'm very happy. When ever i have an question or concern I just email the teacher and she replies very soon. It's a great feeling.

Posted August 17, 2013
I have a child at this school and we love it there. The staff is supportive and friendly. The teachers are well trained and work as a team with each-other and the community. The test scores at this school are always high, the programs offered to the kids are always excellent. There are great assemblies, field trips, art programs, materials, and more. What makes a school great, is not all of those things; it is the people who create the community and family of a school, and Plum is the best there is at that. All the schools in the Saugus District seem to be fantastic! I feel lucky that my child is able to attend a Saugus school. and even luckier that it is Plum.

Plum Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
I am so shocked to find out that Miss Kelly is the principle of this school now. WHY? This lady would have been better off being a prison guard. I seriously had anxiety because of this woman. I don't remember much from elementary school, I'm 27 now. But what I do remember is how cruel and Miss Kelly was to the kids. I hated school because of her. I remember her yelling at me and embarrassing me in front of all the kids because I couldn't figure out a math problem. She was such an unhappy, angry person, and she took it out on the kids. Who in their right mind would think she would make a good principle?This is awful.

Plum Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2012
Overall we feel that Plum is a great school with plenty of good teachers. The only thing that needs to be worked on is the diversity! However I do realize they have no control of who enrolls in their school or buys homes in the area, but it really could use more diversity....I guess in due time!

Posted February 01, 2012
My Daughter went to this school for 1st grade. I think it is the greatest school. Her first grade teacher was the nicest, most helpful teacher she has had and my daughter is now in 7th grade. The principle is an interesting character. She was actually my teacher when I was in school at Emblem elementary. I thought she was very tough and very fair. One of the greatest teacher I ever had and I'm glad to see she is still working with children.

Plum Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2011
Plum Canyon is an awesome school with THE best teachers ever! I love the parent support and the PTA works very hard to keep Plum well organized. My children have excelled at Plum and are happy to be students there. I do have to say that the Principle needs to retire. She is unhappy and seemingly "burnt out". She lacks compassion to the children and their parents and she is very, very negative.

Posted May 17, 2011
Plum Canyon is the best elementary school for my children. The teachers are excellent and really care about their students. They welcome parent involvement and the PTA is top notch! This school is better than any pricey private school.

Posted November 29, 2010
This morning, I saw some reporters in the Plum Canyon School. I was curious to find out what happened. The Santa Clause came out with a big present and gave it to a little boy. The boy opened the gift which was his father inside the box. His father returned back from the war and re-union with the family for Christmas 2010. Little boy gave daddy a big hug and kisses. The school, teachers, parents and principal are so much involvement, support and care about the feeling for each student. This is our first year in this school I can see the different.

Posted April 12, 2010
Plum Canyon is an excellent school!. The teachers work hard and really care about the kids. The administration is friendly and readily available if a parent or child needs something. My kids have blossomed at Plum Canyon.

Posted April 12, 2010
The staff in incredible and my children LOVE Plum Canyon

Plum Canyon Elementary School
28360 North Alfred Way, Saugus, CA  91350
Last modified Plum Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plum Canyon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top