Saugus, CA
Students enrolled: 2,352

Posted March 13, 2015
I had the best teachers and learned so much. I felt really prepared for college and did very well once I got there. I was not very involved in clubs or sports, but there is literally a club for every interest and if you want to start a new club-easy as pie. I found the greatest friends in high school that I still keep in touch with all these years later. My teachers were awesome. They all inspired me (without them even knowing it) to pursue teaching as a career. Mr. Bolde is actually a really great principal who cares about the school. Saugus was a safe place. I was not popular, I was shy, but I never encountered bullying, nor did my friends. I know it existed, but it's at every school and I've seen it be definitely more prevalent in other schools. If you are a motivated student, you will do well at Saugus and maybe be lucky enough to figure out your life goals and passions along the way like I did. If you have the choice, choose Saugus!!

Saugus High School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
If you don't have to don't send your kids to this school. They politics at this school are ridiculous. The promote teachers that shouldn't even be teaching they get rid of teachers that are great and relate to the students. Two of my children went here one I had to have moved to Bowman due to bullying. The other was kicked out and was able to return as a senior but was put through hell. The Principal, Vice Principal, Deputy and several teachers don't play fair nor do they practice what they preach. My last child will not be attending this school.

Saugus High School 1

Posted February 07, 2015
I had a very bad expierence with this school there was so much bullying i never woke up and looked forward into going to school. I mean you should always look forward to. People were so mean they would call you names while your walking making you look bad. They would throw milk and me out of milk cartons. Until i went to the principals office and they dont do anything just make you write it on a piece of paper. I dont recommend your child that wont fit in to come to this school if you want them to have scars for the rest of there lifes. I left this school after freshman yr because i didnt like it. And went to golden valley it was a great school. But i still needed recovery and went to opportunities for learning i love ofl its so fun and such a great expierence you go to fun field trip everything is free they take you on a plane to colorado on a ranch for 11 days so fun. And ofl is also to get recovery and graduate faster you still have prom and graduation. Its so fun so if your having problems go to ofl:) .

Posted January 15, 2015
My daughter thrived at Saugus High School. She was very busy, taking honors and AP classes and participating in sports (cross country, volleyball, swimming, and track). There was always lots of homework (too much maybe), but she worked hard and did well. She became quite close to several teachers and coaches, one of which she keeps in contact with even now as a sophomore in college. Highlights were Mr. Klipfel's U.S. History class, cross country and swimming, and the many friends she met through sports and other activities. I believe, that, unlike several other high schools in this valley, the teachers and staff are down-to-earth, good people. There is little pretense and pressure to keep up with the Joneses. There were some girls who exhibited some back-biting which is unfortunate but not uncommon. Overall, it was a good high school experience!

Saugus High School 2

Posted July 13, 2011
My son did horrible in Saugus High. I blame it on all the budget cuts and seniority and politics. They should be able to fire bad teachers and keep the ones that truely love to teach. My son had the worst teachers, that truely seemed bipolar or sick. One teacher actually threatened my son and his friends. He told another assistant student that if it was the last day in the world that he would punch all these kids in the face. My son told me this after the fact and his friend did call his mom and said the teacher is crazy. If i had known this the day it happened I would have brouught everyone together in the office. I just felt safer to take him out and he is getting C's and above in classes he just failed in Saugus. Saugus also steals your money for sports and doesnt let your kid play unless he is a movie star player. FYI you dont need to pay for public school sports, it should be free and donation. As long as they have parents paying for it they will keep charging outrageous prices. One more thing, more and more kids left Saugus last year to go to Charter schools and other schools and I think that says alot about a school.

Posted August 19, 2010
My daughter graduated 4 years ago, and my son will graduate this year. I have seen this school grow and become better year after year. The teachers care for the students and provide a challenging environment. The principal is very active, motivating students and teachers, and encouraging parent involvement.

Posted November 06, 2009
I cannot say enough great things about the majority of teachers, and administrative and counseling staff at Saugus High school. I have one student who determined NOT to graduate on time, and with the help of a very dedicated group of resources staff and the cooperation of admin and teachers, my son graduated on time! This school bears the Blue Ribbon of Academic excellence, for many years. Their CA standardized academic index testing ranks them among the highest in the state. They have a program or club for EVERY student! Their athletic programs are fantastic (minus a Volleyball coach and his stumpy sidekick), and I could just go on and on.... We bought our home in this neighborhood so the remaining 5 of our children could attend. To me, the proof is in the pudding- go to the school website and navigate through the news about test scores, and athletic championships.

Saugus High School

Posted October 03, 2009
We've been very happy with Saugus. All of the administration, teachers, parents & students that we've come into contact with over the last two years have been respectful, responsible and helpful whenever called upon.

Saugus High School 2

Posted September 11, 2009
My son is attending Saugus High school. , and the truth is I am very unhappy with school. There are teachers who are just horrible, they do not pay any attention to student needs. Overall I just cant wait untill my son will graduate this school. I had some horrible experiences with this school so I would not recommend to anyone to go to this school

Posted April 06, 2009
Love this school, children graduated with GPAs well over 4.0.

Saugus High School
21900 Centurion Way, Saugus, CA  91350
Last modified Saugus High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saugus High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top