Posted July 13, 2011
My son did horrible in Saugus High. I blame it on all the budget cuts and seniority and politics. They should be able to fire bad teachers and keep the ones that truely love to teach. My son had the worst teachers, that truely seemed bipolar or sick. One teacher actually threatened my son and his friends. He told another assistant student that if it was the last day in the world that he would punch all these kids in the face. My son told me this after the fact and his friend did call his mom and said the teacher is crazy. If i had known this the day it happened I would have brouught everyone together in the office. I just felt safer to take him out and he is getting C's and above in classes he just failed in Saugus. Saugus also steals your money for sports and doesnt let your kid play unless he is a movie star player. FYI you dont need to pay for public school sports, it should be free and donation. As long as they have parents paying for it they will keep charging outrageous prices. One more thing, more and more kids left Saugus last year to go to Charter schools and other schools and I think that says alot about a school.

Posted August 19, 2010
My daughter graduated 4 years ago, and my son will graduate this year. I have seen this school grow and become better year after year. The teachers care for the students and provide a challenging environment. The principal is very active, motivating students and teachers, and encouraging parent involvement.

Posted November 06, 2009
I cannot say enough great things about the majority of teachers, and administrative and counseling staff at Saugus High school. I have one student who determined NOT to graduate on time, and with the help of a very dedicated group of resources staff and the cooperation of admin and teachers, my son graduated on time! This school bears the Blue Ribbon of Academic excellence, for many years. Their CA standardized academic index testing ranks them among the highest in the state. They have a program or club for EVERY student! Their athletic programs are fantastic (minus a Volleyball coach and his stumpy sidekick), and I could just go on and on.... We bought our home in this neighborhood so the remaining 5 of our children could attend. To me, the proof is in the pudding- go to the school website and navigate through the news about test scores, and athletic championships.

Saugus High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
We've been very happy with Saugus. All of the administration, teachers, parents & students that we've come into contact with over the last two years have been respectful, responsible and helpful whenever called upon.

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted September 11, 2009
My son is attending Saugus High school. , and the truth is I am very unhappy with school. There are teachers who are just horrible, they do not pay any attention to student needs. Overall I just cant wait untill my son will graduate this school. I had some horrible experiences with this school so I would not recommend to anyone to go to this school

Saugus High School 4

Posted August 05, 2009

Posted April 06, 2009
Love this school, children graduated with GPAs well over 4.0.

Saugus High School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
First, the good things. The school mirrors many high school experiences of traditional American high schools. Football is big here, the dances and events are well put together. The principal cares a lot about a well-rounded experience here. Now, the bad. Since the high school experience is so important, it overshadows academics. Athletics is more important, and other high school experiences are on the same level or more important than academics. There are teachers that stress rigor in each field of study, but overall the staff doesn't stress academics and the importance of attending a 4 year university. Most students go to a community college right after graduation and most do not transfer in two years. The math teachers stress academics the most, but they can only do so much when everyone else doesn't follow course. This could easily be an 850 API school. Easily.

Saugus High School 4

Posted October 03, 2008
As a student, I feel many opportunities have been made available to me. Mr. Bolde is an excellent leader for the school. Many courses are offered, especially many AP classes. I'd say teacher quality is about average. I had a few horrible teachers that barely seemed to have a pulse during my freshman year, but I also had a few amazing teachers that really impacted me. As sophomore taking the most rigorous schedule available, I feel that the counselors are very understanding and caring. Club selection is about the norm, pretty much the same stuff that is available at every school. I've always safe in terms of Saugus as a school. I have been individually harassed, but that's universal at every school. So all in all, Saugus is a great school that just could use more teachers who are passionate and teach class dynamically.

Saugus High School
21900 Centurion Way, Saugus, CA  91350
Last modified Saugus High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saugus High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top