Scotts Valley, CA

Posted April 28, 2015
I absolutely love this school. My daughter transferred here from the Bay Area and the staff and teachers have been very informative and considerate with my family getting adjusted to the school. Her 1st grade teacher is awesome and communicates extremely well as far as progress academically and socially. There are more "well off" families at this school, but I haven't noticed any snobbish behavior or segregation going on. If anything, their PTA is well funded and there are many events provided for the children that are free/almost free. I like that this school is fairly small so the little ones don't get so lost and I feel safe with my daughter attending. I am really hoping my daughter will complete her elementary education here.

Posted April 17, 2010
A wonderful school full of caring teachers, which actively encourages parent participation.

Posted April 17, 2010
My two VH grads received excellent education in a caring environment. The stereotype of caring teachers willing to give far more than their paygrade is alive and well at VH.

Posted April 17, 2010
It's a great school with excellent teachers and a very supportive parent community

Vine Hill Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2009
We agree with the reviewer who wrote about the 'extreme lack of compassion at this school.' Vine Hill school has a well connected and mostly rich group of parents whose kids seem to feel that they can treat other kids however they want to. I have seen these physically push aside other kids, dump ink on other kids' schoolwork, and pretty much daily tell other kids that they are creeps, dorks, that it's disgusting to sit next to them, etc., and despite reports to teachers, if the kids are in the well connected group, nothing happens. The school cannot help that it has a rundown playground, and it does have some wonderful teachers and some great parents, but a lot of bullying of more vulnerable kids is just allowed to go on.

Vine Hill Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
This school is blessed with generally fine, enthusiastic teachers, a helpful administration, and parents who care a lot about their children's education and volunteer extensively.

Posted October 16, 2007
We couldn't be more pleased with Vine Hill. We were fortunate enough to have the option of private school and observed every private school in Santa Cruz County and met with their principals, as well as Vine Hill's principal. Vine Hill, by far, had the most rigorous academic standards and the most impressive principal. We have now been at Vine Hill four years and have 2 children there. I have found the teachers very accomodating to their individual learning styles as well as those of their classmates. I have also been impressed with both the experience level and the professionalism of the teaching staff. As far a the principal, you could not find a more dedicated, intelligent and involved leader. She is very in touch with the parent community and is well respected by her staff. Vine Hill has been a great choice for us!

Vine Hill Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2007
Unkept school. An invisible Principal. Teachers are stuck in their own old ways, and do not accept change. Parking and child drop-off and pick-up are extremely disorganized. Shocking play ground area. Due to the extreme lack of compassion at this school we moved our kids somewhere much better.

Posted June 19, 2006
Vine Hill School is a great learning environment for most kids. The parents are mostly well educated and envolved. Without the intense parental envolvement, the school would suffer from the same poor funding issues as the rest of the public schools in this state. I find, however that the children and parents are unaccepting of kids who don't fit the norm. I like this school, but am looking elsewhere for my child to go to school.

Posted April 01, 2006
Vine Hill School is a wonderful school! Most of the Teachers are very Senior and I think it really shows in the students! In our class parent participation was at least one parent per student -- I think this makes a big difference as well. The school population has grown beyond the standard number of rooms and portables make up 1/4 to 1/3 of the classrooms. (The portables have the AC, so they are not so bad.) Anyhow, we loved it! Pros: great teachers! Friendly staff. Cons: Portables and older class rooms (could really use a make over), parking is to far away.. If we moved back to Scotts Valley, would would want to find a house near Vine Hill!

151 Vine Hill School Road, Scotts Valley, CA  95066
Last modified Vine Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vine Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top