Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 12, 2016
Katie Blue is an outstanding, caring teacher and gave extra attention to my child when he was anxious about school.

Vine Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2016
My child has attended K - 3rd grade at Vine Hill and will return for 4th. To this point, we have been extremely satisfied with his teachers, whom have been warm, caring, empathic, and competent. The class sizes have been reasonable, allowing for individual attention and social interaction. The parents seem to be more actively involved than other schools in the area and our experience is that they have been warm and friendly. At any school, your kid gets out what they (with your guidance) put in. Vine Hill has certainly given my child every opportunity and tool to get a quality education. I feel it is an out standing public school. Getting in and out of the parking lot can be difficult and there are a lot of "temporary" classrooms, but these are mere logistical challenges, not educational. Most importantly, all of my child's teachers, to this point, have been top notch!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 11, 2016
Mrs. Ponos and Mrs. Benjamin have been stable influences for my children and I appreciate them.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 11, 2016
the school gives out kindness cards and other ways to encourage honest, fair students and develops integrity through example.

Vine Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2016
my 2 young children have been and continue to attend Vine Hill, I'm very happy with the quality of the instruction they have received and the special attention that each gets despite the large class sizes. Kudos to Vine Hill, keep up the good work.

Vine Hill Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2016
I feel like our child wasted her years at this school. The classwork is not challenging at all. The homework is in the same format every day- they are obviously just teaching the kids how to pass the standardized tests & no more! The classes are jam packed with kids (ratios like 34 kids to 1 teacher!). They try to solve the problem by forcing the kids into "combo classes" (two grade levels of classes per each teacher). The principal sweeps problems under the rug, the school is rife with bullies whom are allowed to get away with it over & over & over again! Physical and mental bullying. The parking/drop off is terrible. The art/music/PE classes that they brag about having only last for minutes, each, according to our child. We cannot afford to send our child to a private school so we have been stuck here but have plans to move out of the district. Thank goodness! This comment is for potential new parents to heed.

Vine Hill Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2015
I absolutely love this school. My daughter transferred here from the Bay Area and the staff and teachers have been very informative and considerate with my family getting adjusted to the school. Her 1st grade teacher is awesome and communicates extremely well as far as progress academically and socially. There are more "well off" families at this school, but I haven't noticed any snobbish behavior or segregation going on. If anything, their PTA is well funded and there are many events provided for the children that are free/almost free. I like that this school is fairly small so the little ones don't get so lost and I feel safe with my daughter attending. I am really hoping my daughter will complete her elementary education here.

Posted April 17, 2010
A wonderful school full of caring teachers, which actively encourages parent participation.

Posted April 17, 2010
My two VH grads received excellent education in a caring environment. The stereotype of caring teachers willing to give far more than their paygrade is alive and well at VH.

Posted April 17, 2010
It's a great school with excellent teachers and a very supportive parent community

151 Vine Hill School Road, Scotts Valley, CA  95066-3211
Last modified Vine Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.