Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My child has attended K - 3rd grade at Vine Hill and will return for 4th. To this point, we have been extremely satisfied with his teachers, whom have been warm, caring, empathic, and competent. The class sizes have been reasonable, allowing for individual attention and social interaction. The parents seem to be more actively involved than other schools in the area and our experience is that they have been warm and friendly. At any school, your kid gets out what they (with your guidance) put in. Vine Hill has certainly given my child every opportunity and tool to get a quality education. I feel it is an out standing public school. Getting in and out of the parking lot can be difficult and there are a lot of "temporary" classrooms, but these are mere logistical challenges, not educational. Most importantly, all of my child's teachers, to this point, have been top notch!

Develops character: Agree

the school gives out kindness cards and other ways to encourage honest, fair students and develops integrity through example.

my 2 young children have been and continue to attend Vine Hill, I'm very happy with the quality of the instruction they have received and the special attention that each gets despite the large class sizes. Kudos to Vine Hill, keep up the good work.

I feel like our child wasted her years at this school. The classwork is not challenging at all. The homework is in the same format every day- they are obviously just teaching the kids how to pass the standardized tests & no more! The classes are jam packed with kids (ratios like 34 kids to 1 teacher!). They try to solve the problem by forcing the kids into "combo classes" (two grade levels of classes per each teacher). The principal sweeps problems under the rug, the school is rife with bullies whom are allowed to get away with it over & over & over again! Physical and mental bullying. The parking/drop off is terrible. The art/music/PE classes that they brag about having only last for minutes, each, according to our child. We cannot afford to send our child to a private school so we have been stuck here but have plans to move out of the district. Thank goodness! This comment is for potential new parents to heed.

I absolutely love this school. My daughter transferred here from the Bay Area and the staff and teachers have been very informative and considerate with my family getting adjusted to the school. Her 1st grade teacher is awesome and communicates extremely well as far as progress academically and socially. There are more "well off" families at this school, but I haven't noticed any snobbish behavior or segregation going on. If anything, their PTA is well funded and there are many events provided for the children that are free/almost free. I like that this school is fairly small so the little ones don't get so lost and I feel safe with my daughter attending. I am really hoping my daughter will complete her elementary education here.

A wonderful school full of caring teachers, which actively encourages parent participation.

My two VH grads received excellent education in a caring environment. The stereotype of caring teachers willing to give far more than their paygrade is alive and well at VH.

It's a great school with excellent teachers and a very supportive parent community

We agree with the reviewer who wrote about the 'extreme lack of compassion at this school.' Vine Hill school has a well connected and mostly rich group of parents whose kids seem to feel that they can treat other kids however they want to. I have seen these physically push aside other kids, dump ink on other kids' schoolwork, and pretty much daily tell other kids that they are creeps, dorks, that it's disgusting to sit next to them, etc., and despite reports to teachers, if the kids are in the well connected group, nothing happens. The school cannot help that it has a rundown playground, and it does have some wonderful teachers and some great parents, but a lot of bullying of more vulnerable kids is just allowed to go on.

This school is blessed with generally fine, enthusiastic teachers, a helpful administration, and parents who care a lot about their children's education and volunteer extensively.

Last modified Vine Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.