No rating

Monterey Bay Christian School

Private | K-8 | 113 students

Living in Seaside

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $255,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted June 23, 2014

We love MBCS. Our daughter has 1 more year there. Our son two more years. We can see great things happening over the next few years We continue to support the school and be involved. We would be happy to help you so that you make the right decision not only your child but for your family as a whole. God walk with us all as we make difficult decisions daily between if our finances are holding you back and choose the value of nothing is at times nothing. Invest in your kids future as you will get the biggest awesome return We have Our awesome, smart, well mannered, hard working fun kids that we thank God first and MBCS and families had a lot to do with it too ..! Love the Hidalgo Family (Seaside) Monterey area. I have faith stars will move up the ladder more support from parents involvement is a big foundation for success Long story short MBCS is the best choice for us and our kids. Hopefully we can grow with yours too these next years. Even if you are not a Christian to know your child has a constant foundation of what is right OR what is wrong on a daily basis and getting a great education.

Posted June 9, 2014

I so have to give this school one star. I wont go into details but im glad we will not be returning.

Posted June 5, 2014

I have been @ this school for a number of years now & have seen the school go from good to bad to down right awful! The only reason we stayed was because It was a safer environment & we had already payed tuition by the time it hit rock bottom. Everything from academics to administration & school board is about the worst I have ever encountered! Needless to say we will NOT be returning. There are SO many parents that are unhappy here & the school has gained a very negative reputation. Parent concerns are ignored. My child is now behind the public school kids. They will paint this as the best school when you go for open house & talking to principal BUT believe me it IS NOT!!! They have many teachers that are not credentialed. They have the middle school teachers doing numerous grades subjects each. They keep losing teacher & will hire ANYONE! They charge you $250 for curriculum but take back the texts book the next year & reuse them for the next years kids. They only let them keep the workbooks. They also require 25 points PER PARENT of involvement. If you dont complete that they will charge you $5 per remaining point. This was not disclosed till after I had been signed up.

Posted April 12, 2013

This school is a blessing to the community. Monterey Bay Christian School is a small school with great academics. The teachers and staff treat the children with love and kindness, but also showing great moral values. Their love for Christ is easily seen thru the way they treat their students and the parents. If looking for a GREAT school you should stop by and check this school out.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 12, 2013

Our boys have been at MBCS since PreSchool. One of the best things about MBCS is it's Christian teachers and staff. We have been blessed that our sons are able to grow closer to the Lord as well as receive an awesome education at MBCS. Our oldest son graduated from MBCS 8th grade last year and was well prepared for High School this year. The study habits he learned and education he received were exceptional. Our family is very thankful for MBCS and it's staff.

Posted February 15, 2011

Great school! We are military and recently moved from a Department of Defense school. We were used to smaller class sizes and good teachers so we were apprehensive about moving away from a great environment. Nevertheless, MBCS has exceeded our educational expectations and given us a new standard for what to expect. Our son's first grade teacher is excellent and amazes us with her ability to specifically target his exact needs. The parents are all involved and have included us "new guys" with open arms. It is a great environment and we would recommend the school without reservation.

Posted August 26, 2010

I love it here... we are military and moved to Monterey during the summer. I was so stressed out worrying about where I was going to send my daughter for Kindergarten as CA public schools are terrible! I thought we couldn't afford a private school here. Then I found MBCS... It was like my prayers were answered. The education is wonderful, the teachers and staff very loving. I am so glad and feel so blessed to have found this school. My daughter loves it!

Posted April 27, 2010

MBCS greatly suprpasses other schools in our area as far as academics and offers students a loving and caring environment to learn and grow.

Posted March 20, 2010

This was our 1st year at MBCS. Ms. Stock, the 4th grade teacher was extremely accommodating during our mid-year move to the area from Florida. It was a virtually seamless transition, and our daughter couldn't be happier. Each morning she returns to school smiling with 'flutter-byes' in her stomach - she can hardly contain her excitement! Ms. Stock has a very creative classroom management system, which also teaches the kids money management skills. They have a full-scale library on-premises, and they offer chess and basketball clubs. We've already re-enrolled again for next year, as the staff here absolutely LOVES the kids. We are looking forward to having Mr. Z next year for 5th grade! Without a doubt, this is the best investment we could make in our child's life!

Posted March 6, 2010

We've been more than thrilled with MBCS. Ms. Lecce, the kindergarten teacher, has her craft down to a science. Each child receives an equal amount of patience, structure, love, and discipline.

Posted March 2, 2010

This is my daughters first year at MBCS I love the teachers and she has learned beyond my expectations and she is blossoming and will be well prepared for first grade also at MBCS god willing

Posted February 25, 2010

A-MAZ-ING! On top of it being the best money my husband and myself have ever spent. Our time here so far has been the most memorable for our daughter. She is nurtured in so many ways and the quality of her education is excellent. It's such a peaceful and overwhelming feeling knowing our child is guided here, watched over, steered in the ways of the Lord and most importantly,so very loved. BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Posted February 25, 2010

Monterey Bay Christian School has done wonders in preparing our son to deal with the urgent issues and actual realities of life. MBCS does an outstanding job in developing the spiritual, academic, social and physical potential of our child, all from a Biblical foundation. The teachers and staff are committed Christians who truly regard their jobs as a ministry to the students. As a parent I have been so very impressed with the caring and joy they demonstrate in their daily efforts to teach our child how to be a true Christian student. The curriculum has been real challenging and we really appreciate that it is based on biblical prespectives and a Christian world view. The Bible is taught to our child and is presented as the living, life-changing Word of God. Bottom Line: A wonderous Christian School on the Monterey Penninsula!!!

Posted February 24, 2010

I would recommend this school for many reasons: Christ centered, small classes, safe environment, everyone is kind and gracious to kids and parents. Great relationship to military families! After school sports program on site and FREE for students. Have a 4th grader and a graduate of Middle school.

Posted February 24, 2010

We absolutely love Monterey Bay Christian. We have felt loved and accepted since the moment we made our first phone call. Our son has excelled academically and socially and spiritually. The experience we have had at this school has set a standard that will be hard to match anywhere else.

Posted February 24, 2010

We are a military family who have trusted our kids (1 elementary and 2 middle schoolers) to MBCS after homeschooling for nearly four years. They helped to make our transition as smooth as possible. I love the close interaction between parents, teachers, and staff. I am confident that our kids our truly being 'Educated For Eternity'.

Posted February 23, 2010

We moved from another state here a few months ago, and as soon as we saw the public school system we immediately decided to consider putting our kids in another school. My kids, a kindergartener and a 2nd grader love it and they always come home inspired to learn more and participate in school related activities.

Posted February 23, 2010

We have been at MBCS since kindergarden and we love the school. It is small enough for alot of individual care. I have had great experience with the teachers and found their teaching skills excellant.

Posted February 23, 2010

My oldest child attends MBCS now and my youngest will begin next year. The classes are small enough to allow the teachers to work with each child to develop his or her very best work. I truly believe each teacher does an amazing job not only teaching academics, but demonstrating Christ's love and joy to the children. The parents do an excellent job working with the teachers to support the school and raise money for extra needed supplies and programs. The open, clear, and consistent communication between the teachers, staff and parents allow quick and fair resolutions to problems when they arise. I would absolutely recommend MBCS to parents seeking an educationally sound, safe, Christian environment for their child/ren.

Posted February 23, 2010

My daughter has attended MBCS since she was in Kindergarten (she started at the preschool, which is excellent, also), and she is now in 5th grade. I have found every teacher well qualified, caring and truly showing God's love in all they do. Each one was able to see where my daughter needed help the most and worked with me to help me help her succeed. Many went above and beyond the call of teacher. I would definitely recommend this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 11%

• Rev. Carl Kelleher
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of God
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious