K-8|Private

Bad
Good

It used to be a good school, with good, caring teachers; but with the current leadership, things changed dramatically. The former principal was forced to "resign" at the beginning of this school year; and they never gave parents an explanation as to why this happened. Next school year, children will be learning through computers, and most of those good teachers will be gone. I don't want my kid seated in front of a computer for six hours a day!!! They never asked parents whether we agreed or not with this new methodology. Big decisions are made without parents' input. Things are taking a turn for the worst. Parents are being misled and deceived. Needless to say, we are NOT coming back next year.

We love MBCS. Our daughter has 1 more year there. Our son two more years. We can see great things happening over the next few years We continue to support the school and be involved. We would be happy to help you so that you make the right decision not only your child but for your family as a whole. God walk with us all as we make difficult decisions daily between if our finances are holding you back and choose the value of nothing is at times nothing. Invest in your kids future as you will get the biggest awesome return We have Our awesome, smart, well mannered, hard working fun kids that we thank God first and MBCS and families had a lot to do with it too ..! Love the Hidalgo Family (Seaside) Monterey area. I have faith stars will move up the ladder more support from parents involvement is a big foundation for success Long story short MBCS is the best choice for us and our kids. Hopefully we can grow with yours too these next years. Even if you are not a Christian to know your child has a constant foundation of what is right OR what is wrong on a daily basis and getting a great education.

I so have to give this school one star. I wont go into details but im glad we will not be returning.

I have been @ this school for a number of years now & have seen the school go from good to bad to down right awful! The only reason we stayed was because It was a safer environment & we had already payed tuition by the time it hit rock bottom. Everything from academics to administration & school board is about the worst I have ever encountered! Needless to say we will NOT be returning. There are SO many parents that are unhappy here & the school has gained a very negative reputation. Parent concerns are ignored. My child is now behind the public school kids. They will paint this as the best school when you go for open house & talking to principal BUT believe me it IS NOT!!! They have many teachers that are not credentialed. They have the middle school teachers doing numerous grades subjects each. They keep losing teacher & will hire ANYONE! They charge you $250 for curriculum but take back the texts book the next year & reuse them for the next years kids. They only let them keep the workbooks. They also require 25 points PER PARENT of involvement. If you dont complete that they will charge you $5 per remaining point. This was not disclosed till after I had been signed up.

This school is a blessing to the community. Monterey Bay Christian School is a small school with great academics. The teachers and staff treat the children with love and kindness, but also showing great moral values. Their love for Christ is easily seen thru the way they treat their students and the parents. If looking for a GREAT school you should stop by and check this school out.

Our boys have been at MBCS since PreSchool. One of the best things about MBCS is it's Christian teachers and staff. We have been blessed that our sons are able to grow closer to the Lord as well as receive an awesome education at MBCS. Our oldest son graduated from MBCS 8th grade last year and was well prepared for High School this year. The study habits he learned and education he received were exceptional. Our family is very thankful for MBCS and it's staff.

Great school! We are military and recently moved from a Department of Defense school. We were used to smaller class sizes and good teachers so we were apprehensive about moving away from a great environment. Nevertheless, MBCS has exceeded our educational expectations and given us a new standard for what to expect. Our son's first grade teacher is excellent and amazes us with her ability to specifically target his exact needs. The parents are all involved and have included us "new guys" with open arms. It is a great environment and we would recommend the school without reservation.

I love it here... we are military and moved to Monterey during the summer. I was so stressed out worrying about where I was going to send my daughter for Kindergarten as CA public schools are terrible! I thought we couldn't afford a private school here. Then I found MBCS... It was like my prayers were answered. The education is wonderful, the teachers and staff very loving. I am so glad and feel so blessed to have found this school. My daughter loves it!

MBCS greatly suprpasses other schools in our area as far as academics and offers students a loving and caring environment to learn and grow.

This was our 1st year at MBCS. Ms. Stock, the 4th grade teacher was extremely accommodating during our mid-year move to the area from Florida. It was a virtually seamless transition, and our daughter couldn't be happier. Each morning she returns to school smiling with 'flutter-byes' in her stomach - she can hardly contain her excitement! Ms. Stock has a very creative classroom management system, which also teaches the kids money management skills. They have a full-scale library on-premises, and they offer chess and basketball clubs. We've already re-enrolled again for next year, as the staff here absolutely LOVES the kids. We are looking forward to having Mr. Z next year for 5th grade! Without a doubt, this is the best investment we could make in our child's life!

Last modified Monterey Bay Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8