Public charter
Sherman Oaks, CA

Ivy Bound Academy Of Math, Science, And Technology Charter Middle 4

Posted November 11, 2014
I am currently an 8th grader at Ivy and have been here since 5th grade. I'm graduating this year with a 4.02 GPA. I have to say that Ivy Bound is a pretty good school. There are a few things wrong, though. The office staff (the majority) are extremely grumpy and could not care less about you. They are very rude, and make you feel like your problem is insignificant. The teachers, this year (keep in mind that teachers change as years pass), are okay. The math teachers are AMAZING! I used to struggle in math, but when I came to Ivy Bound, it became very easy for me. The computers teachers are awful teachers. They don't give you relevant assignments, and don't explain anything to you. The science teachers are very rude and inconsiderate. He makes you feel dumb, and mostly all of my peers don't do well on his tests. Please, keep in mind that I am in 8th grade, and the teachers at Ivy Bound Academy are different for the 7th & 8th graders than for the 6th & 5th graders. I am talking in the point of view of a student who has experienced all these grades here. Overall, my experience at Ivy Bound has been great, and I've learned much more than I would have at anywhere else.

Posted June 12, 2014
This school was the best school I have ever been to. I ve been to this school since fifth grade and I experienced all its changes. All the other schools I have been to were very boring and wouldn t teach well. This school showed me new things. The teachers and staff even know my name. I made a lot of friends here and I have had a lot of memories here too. I couldn t imagine my life without going to this school. I improved on nearly all my subjects. This school made me who I am. And I will never forget about my time here. I Would love to visit the school again when i am in high school and look back at those happy memories. Thank you Ivy Bound for this great experience and all the fun memories. I am off to High School were new friends will be made and new memories will be created. But i will not forget this one school that changed my entire life. This school was just amazing. I am proud to be from this school and thank you.

Posted June 02, 2014
IBA is a great school,we are very glad and proud to had been lucky our son was selected to attend to 5th grade and continue until his last grade in this school.The teachers and office staff are knowledgeable and friendly and inspire you confidence .The school premises gives your child a sense of community and safety the learning contents and metods are high quality and updated with this times.We love IBA!

Posted April 30, 2014
IBA is an amazing school. My daughter has attended the school since 5th grade and will graduate next year. I feel that she has grown so much since attending this school. The principle, teachers and staff are key to her growth. The school is small which is a positive as the staff knows everyone and keep abreast of what is going on at all times. I would recommend IBA as it is the hidden jewel school.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is a good school, my daughter has been there for three years. I feel safe to send my child to school every day and i'm confident that she will get good education. The school will definitely benefit from moving to the bigger building.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is our third year at Ivy Bound. We have two children there one in 5th and one in 7th grade. We choose this school because of its small size and wonderful academic program so that our girls would not get lost in the system. The teachers all specialize in the areas that they teach. They are enthusiastic and make learning interesting. The administration is wonderful and it feels like a big family. I feel like we are having a private school experience for our girls without the cost. The knowledge my girls have about science, computers, technology, and their ability to annotate books is beyond High School level. We are really blessed to have this educational opportunity for our girls. It has far exceeded our expectations for a middle school learning environment.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our son has been attending Ivy Bound Academy since 5th grade and he is now in 7th. We are very happy and continue to be, having our son at this school. The staff is so passionate at what they do and the quality of the education cannot be beat! Our son is thriving and we know he is getting well educated and preparing for the future, in addition to gearing up to attend high school. We are thankful for the administrators and teachers.

Posted April 29, 2014
When your child comes home, and randomly says that he likes his school and his teachers. When he's asked by family friends or people inquiring about schools, he's not shy about telling them why he's happy at his school. A student's testament is stronger than any metric or rating. The Student's opinion is one of significance, and IBA makes certain that the Student knows both he/she and their success matters. The school is not just about strong academics, it's also about building character and nurturing great citizens. It's academically challenging at times; however, that's a telltale sign that my son (and his classmates) is learning and curious about learning. IBA has provided the environment to allow for that curiosity. The teachers and staff are highly approachable & responsive, and constantly encourage the Students to give their best efforts, all of which is extremely important and a huge plus for any parent. Our family is exceptionally happy with IBA, and feel that our son is getting a best-in-class education (no pun intended.)

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is truly amazing! really care to provide the best education. My son it is in 5th grade and make the change to this school it is one of the best decision that we had done.

Posted April 29, 2014
I love the fact that it's a small school therefor the teachers can focus more on each student,not to mention that I can check on line for missing assignments and current grades.

Ivy Bound Academy Of Math, Science, And Technology Charter Middle
15355 Morrison Street, Sherman Oaks, CA  91403
Last modified Ivy Bound Academy Of Math, Science, And Technology Charter Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivy Bound Academy Of Math, Science, And Technology Charter Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top