Public charter
Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 02, 2015
We have a kindergartner at Riverside and the experience has been excellent. Our son loves the school and we have met some wonderful families. I am told the school enrollment has shot up unexpectedly which caused some difficulties, hopefully, things will settle down soon. That said, with the computer lab, science lab, garden club, engaging after school programs, this is a wonderful school and environment.

Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2015
The student teacher ratio is 43:1 for grade 5. But was "improved" to a still unacceptable 37:1 because to 4th grade teacher is teaching a 4th/ 5th grade split. Do not complain though. The principal does not want to hear from you.

Posted February 18, 2015
My kids go to Riverside, and it has been an exceptional experience for them! I don't understand the "7" rating by greatschools, because for the effort of the teaching staff and dedicated parent volunteers, this school deserves a '10!!' Of course, a school is only as good as the adults who supervise it, and I can tell you for a fact that those parents who give their time to ensure the children have quality extracurricular activities, and an inviting school environment are what make this a truly quality school! If you send your kids here, get involved! Don't just look at it as a full-day daycare. YOU can and will make a difference by putting some effort into everything this school can be! That's what makes a charter special. And Riverside is heading for an elite level the more the parents have been getting involved! It's pretty impressive!

Posted August 28, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for nine years. I love it! Excellent after school programs, curriculum, arts, sciences and PTA. Very welcoming environment.

Posted April 25, 2014
I have a fifth grader and a Kindergartner at the school. Both of them in classes with dedicated teachers who perform amazingly within the cash strapped LAUSD. The Principle Ms Doucette is very hands on with the kids. She knows them well and in my experience has been fantastic with maneuvering through what is best for each of them individually. The community in this school is growing year by year and in my opinion under its present leadership will only continue to flourish.

Posted February 19, 2014
My daughter loves this school. Very happy with teachers, administration, and especially the parent group. Keep up the great work!

Posted January 26, 2014
My daughter comes to this school and loves it! The school is very clean inside and out, we have a new person that has done a lot of work with getting the school painted and clearing a lot of debris. Parent involvement is awesome! thank you for caring about our kids!

Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2013
We love the after school activities. I think the parent evolvement is fantastic too. My daughters loves it.

Posted October 20, 2013
Riverside Drive Charter School There is a lot of heart at this school. The devotion of staff and parent volunteers is astounding!

Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2013
I love Riverside Drive Charter Elementary because they have provided a safe and fun environment for my daughter, she enjoys the different classes, the teachers are great and the parents really take time to become together in helping the school.

Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School
13061 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks, CA  91423
Last modified Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top